Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

WR - General Chit-Chatter/Tidbits

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Can't click on it. Still, too much glow imo even for a lit swamp.

Yup, as said I am not perfectly fine with it either, I will tone it a bit down and let the light around the character+his/her/their lightsources make the major impact on the maps lighting. The idea was that there are self lumiscent trees and spores that do this glowing stuff, it fits to a different area I already have and I thought I might use it there too, let's see.

Thanks for the feedback guys! :)

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Here is as promised the render I talked about, with some slight changes. Disabled the lumiscent trees for now, let's see if I will bring them back.
Now off to to most boring and painfull task: putting all those single trees, branches, lights etc into single images to import into the mapper.

sgsdche70.png

:rage:

I hate this shit.

Also, now yes I am somekind of graphic fag when it comes to isometric games, but I throw up in my mouth when I think about rendering the watermovement and the trees moving too. Do you think it is feasable to waste half a day just to render this stuff (my computer isn't the fastest)? It looks cool in movement, but it always takes so long. :(

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
My codex lore roll had a critical miss, so I have to ask - could you explain what you mean with that?

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Reading this, I feel a bit bad that the only thing my stuff I posted here is that reminds you of an obvious troll like that. :(

(render in progress, so I can spam ;P )

Quetzacoatl

Liturgist
Reading this, I feel a bit bad that the only thing my stuff I posted here is that reminds you of an obvious troll like that. :(

(render in progress, so I can spam ;P )
At least you have pics to support your mod's actual existence. Besides it's just a feeling born from expecting the worst.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
It's really contextual. If seen ingame directly, that "eery glow" would be totally fine. To the west of the house, there are also some camps and torches. ;)

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Exactly, I think everything covered in a brown, sandy/muddy tone doesn't neccesarly mean it will be exiting. There will be snow-y areas, ashen lands and such too, ofcourse some deserts just like it was seen in Fallout too. I like it when games have many different climates and themes going on - as long as they fit to the desolate landscape it's all fine and dandy.

The Brazilian Slaughter said:
Query: Won't character models clash with the better quality graphics?

Most of the character models will be remade and can be rendered in a higher resolution. ;)

Quetzacoatl said:
How'd you get the smoke to rise up and down?

??​

Destroid

Arcane
I actually really like the fallout player sprites in the high quality environment. Just has a nice look to it.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
I actually really like the fallout player sprites in the high quality environment. Just has a nice look to it.

It depends, on some areas with fixed aliasing and some palette changes it looks ok, some don't really fit sadly.

kkkkkfzcmu.png

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
And there the comparison where it looks imo better (not so out of place like in the above one)

lafrguq1.png

Maybe I can do some palette swaps and color edits, so all look more homogen. So much stuff to do :<

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
I know, but, I just animated it? I dont understand the question. :p

General Maxon said:
]You should get in the gaming industry, and :incline: it!

Nah. It is a hobby to me and I wont change that. Besides, prerendered Isometric art is "out" today anyway and I dont want to get into this men eating machine that is the industry. I am fine the way it is right now. :)

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Created particle effects, rendered them, put in photoshop to animate, saved as .gif, done? :P

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Here is some silly thing that shows the "Dumbass Trio". You will see them, or hints that they left all over the game if you are an explorer and read many single item or scenery descriptions. They here can be seen in a Dungeon that I still experiment with, as it is the only true "dungeon crawl" in the game - sure there will be other dungeon like experiences, but this one is an entirely optional BIG dungeon up to explore for you. It is staggered into 30 layers, it gets fucked up the more go down like in the true tradition, havens where you can save in get more sparse towards the core, enemies get more and more intelligent the further you traverse the rift. You won't miss any story relevant things while going down there, it is just at the moment the "playground" I use to test and make combat interesting. :)

evilbehereagdfc.png

The rift was man made and goes down by many levels through a passage in Chicago. Many famous buildings got torn down there, you may recognize these buildings in the game later on and will find a nice surprise at the end that adds a lot of flavour to the lore. :)

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Looks like some nasty texture stretching at the bottom there.

Yip, you are right. ;) I have to avoid taking textures out of lower pixel photographs... Thank god for photoshop to remedy this, though. ;)

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Sorry if this is spam, but, I am extremely pumped because Luther Blisset, the bro that you never see here but always helps me with my art, has drawn some Portrait for my game.
I have contacted Justin Cherry, he said he is busy with a new Project, so I am in complete awe that a friend of mine can do such a nice one!

man_portraitthing_smab0fm8.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom