Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Would you be interest in a new Top RPGs poll? (READ THE OP)

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by Sigourn, Apr 28, 2017.

?

Would you want a "repoll" of the Codex' Top 95 RPGs?

1. Yes.

31.0%
  2. No.

67.9%
  3. OP is a gigantic faggot

1.2%
  1. Somberlain Arcane Zionist Agent

Somberlain
    Parrots:
    Click here and disable ads!
    It's pointless.

Everybody already knows that Planet Escape: Tournament and Water Chip Simulator 1997 are the bestest games evar and that's all anybody cares about. Even autists will fall asleep trying to read some Top 95 list :shitandpiss:

• Funny Funny x 8
    • nice nice x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Kev Inkline Arcane

Kev Inkline
    Parrots:
    A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    But which game do you like, Somppu?

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 2
    ^ Top  
  3. Lilura Arcane

Lilura
    Parrots:
    :lol::lol::lol:

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. felipepepe Prestigious Gentleman Codex's Heretic Patron

felipepepe
    Parrots:
    I know you're slow because I already explained this multiple times, but I make "QUALITY", not "POPULARITY" polls.

You know which game got a fuckton of votes? Fallout 4. 328 people voted for it, giving it 641 points. That's low because 70% gave it a bad score.
    Meanwhile, Fallout 1.5: Resurrection only got 120 votes, but made 498 points. That's high because 83% gave it a good score.

By your retarded logic, Fallout 4 is the big winner here - after all, more people played it and it got more points! Also, Skyrim best RPG ever, just look at those sales numbers! So many people played it! :roll:

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Kev Inkline Arcane

Kev Inkline
    Parrots:
    The markets are never wrong! :mrpresident:

• Funny Funny x 6
    ^ Top  
  6. undecaf Arcane Patron

undecaf
    Parrots:
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Waterchip Down.

• Funny Funny x 6
    ^ Top  
  7. laclongquan Arcane

laclongquan
    Parrots:
    It's seven years since Top70 so I am having a curiousity about how the top2012-2016 going to fare in competition with top70.

I'd say redoit. Either by Top70 methodology, or 2012-2016 method. But redo it!

^ Top  
  8. Make America Great Again Black Arcane

Black
    Parrots:
    All popularity contests are cancer. This is a site where dragon age won rpgoty, never forget that.

• Despair Despair x 4
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Zenith Educated

Zenith
    Parrots:
    Personally, I'd like to see what "sacred cows" the codex hivemind consensus has. And I don't mean FO/PST, those regularly have someone shit-talking them when occasion arises, same with everything else from top10.
    I mean something like Thief TDP or JA2 - the sort that could count as :obviously:-harvesting by simply mentioning them. Don't think a poll would work for that though.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Beastro Magister

Beastro
    Parrots:
    How about an annual one and we get to see how RPGs rise and fall and the places most find themselves sitting in.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. I'm With Her Severian Silk for prison Arcane

Severian Silk
    Parrots:
    I'm always a couple of years behind everybody, so I am unable to do much with these polls. It takes 3-4 years for prices to go down enough for me to want to purchase a game.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Aenra The Invisible Empire Patron

Aenra
    Parrots:
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
    I know you fucking beaner and that's exactly the problem, can't you fucking speako Inglecio?

No one asked you to MAKE anything; no one asked you to RE-make a straightforward vote count into a quality statement. No one empowered you to alter the results.
    All we asked of you (assuming you didn't volunteer for the good of humanity) was to count them votes. The rest was you distorting the image.
    Beaners can count, can't they?

If that's still too hard for your shitskin brain to grasp, go back now and read my first reply to you once more.

• retadred retadred x 3
    ^ Top  
  13. Iznaliu Learned

Iznaliu
    Parrots:
    By this logic, Fallout 4 is an RPG great.

^ Top  
  14. HeatEXTEND Educated

HeatEXTEND
    Parrots:
    How about a top 70 worst RPGs ever. Butthurt guaranteed !

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • incline incline x 2
    • nice nice x 1
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. HeatEXTEND Educated

HeatEXTEND
    Parrots:
    :trigglypuff:

• Funny Funny x 5
    ^ Top  
  16. Aenra The Invisible Empire Patron

Aenra
    Parrots:
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
    Almost, i'm a bit fatter IRL. I think i managed to fit through a door once. Will never forget. Momma was so proud of me.

Iznaliu for some people, Codexers included sadly, it is.. hence my saying everything i've been saying.
    Now if you don't appreciate said fact (i don't either obviously), that's one thing. But as long as we're talking voting here, let it be voting. Not a dork's attempts to color the outcome to his choosing. I think it's real simple guys, could repeat myself a million times over, ain't much more i can add.
    You're all welcome to disagree, just don't fucking tell me burito's going FUBAR on the vote count is 'O.K.' or "accurate", lol

^ Top  
  17. Chainsaw Gutsfuck Novice

Chainsaw Gutsfuck
    Parrots:
    A poll is a popularity contest, its whole point is to show what the majority of people think. What are you suggesting is that the poll needs to be hijacked to give the right results. Which really defeats the purpose of doing a poll in the first place. If you think that the majority of people don't understand quality, you can just make your own top rpg list without the input of anyone else. Or, select a few codexers that you find trustful, let them vote and make the elite's top RPG list.

But letting everyone to vote and then trying to make the results as "acceptable" as possible, by the use of the right voting system, is really pointless, if not hypocritical.

• retadred retadred x 2
    ^ Top  
  18. Kev Inkline Arcane

Kev Inkline
    Parrots:
    It would be p much the same list, that's codex for you.

^ Top  
  19. I'm With Her Severian Silk for prison Arcane

Severian Silk
    Parrots:
    This is a good idea!

+1

^ Top  
  20. TalesfromtheCrypt Arcane

TalesfromtheCrypt
    Parrots:
    what's the purpose of having people do ratings of games from 1-5? Just ask them a simple question: What is your favorite RPG of all times? let them pick one game from the list. Voila, popularity issue resolved. Even of hundreds of people played FO4 they won't vote it the best RPG ever... or won't they?

• meh meh x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Sigourn Magister

Sigourn
    Parrots:
    What distortion is there to the "average" system? As long as I don't say "the one with the highest average is the best", everything is alright. Me, I would personally like to see the Codex opinion in each one of those games, as opposed to having to rely on a few people considering Wizardry IV for example deserves to be on the Top 70. Maybe with people who actually voice their opinion on the game, we will find out Wizardry IV is a 2/5 actually because they have found it to be a pretentious piece of shit. Or maybe we will find out it is a 5/5, who knows.

Plus I don't think there's anything on these two lists that comes out anywhere as niche as Rance. Anyone who hasn't played that game probably thinks it is shit or just a meme, but not a serious game.

^ Top  
  22. Sigourn Magister

Sigourn
    Parrots:
    Having to rely on the goodwill of members has given us replies such as "I won't vote Fallout, since it's too popular, so let me bring obscure RPG few people have played at all just to be original". Not saying the game isn't good, but it's like me saying "World of Warcraft is too popular, so let me bring out Argentum Online, a game nobody knows and that is a piece of shit, but hey, at least there's more diversity!".

^ Top  
  23. TalesfromtheCrypt Arcane

TalesfromtheCrypt
    Parrots:
    But couldn't the same people just manipulate their 1-5 ratings to achieve a similar result?

^ Top  
  24. Sigourn Magister

Sigourn
    Parrots:
    To me, Fallout: New Vegas is much better than Fallout. A poll like this would let me voice what I truly think of these two games: Fallout is a 4/5, great game for its time, nowadays it's a good RPG, but it's so short that it makes little sense to constantly create new builds. New Vegas is the exact opposite: it's a much longer game, and I'd rather sacrifice turn-based combat (literally the only advantage alongside Int runs, over Fallout: New Vegas) for more content that gives many more opportunities to try different builds.

There, I said it: Fallout is a great RPG, but Fallout: New Vegas is just a much more enjoyable game with more RPG opportunities. The top three is a lie. Fallout 2, though, is probably much better than Fallout thanks to its sheer amount of content (from what I've heard).

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • decline decline x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Sigourn Magister

Sigourn
    Parrots:
    This is the driving force behind this idea of mine. People are too scared to see The Witcher 3 break into the top 10.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)