Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Worms Reloaded

TripJack

Hedonist
Played Armageddon way back when. Are any of the other games in the series worth trying?

entertainer

Arbiter
this is more of a high res patch than a new game plus a console port of worms 2 with only 4 max in multi :lol:

hedgewars is better

CryptRider

Educated
ManMilkingCow.JPG

worms devs

bert

Arcane
But this one is strictly for the PC and adds all the weapons/utilities from the previous games! And it actually runs on XP/Vista and has a map editor! :thumbsup:

bert

Arcane
Some Moron On Welfare said:
Bah, there were enough differences between W2 and WA to justify calling the latter a new game. They started recycling 2D Worms since WWP, though.

Only for the consoles, really. After WWP the 2d Worms released after that weren't for the PC. The developers seemed to have played it brilliantly, because everyone's been clamoring for a new, 'high-res' traditional Worms game compatible with modern operating systems and with the best features of the originals and whatnot. Really, it's no surprise it's been the #1 (#2 now) top seller on Steam since it was announced.

As for the 4 player limit, I'm sure with enough people requesting T17 to up it back to 6 they'll do it since from what I've heard they're still regularly updating Worms Armageddon and they'll be coming out with an update soon that'll make it compatible with Windows XP and the like.

Dire Roach

Prophet
bert said:
...from what I've heard they're still regularly updating Worms Armageddon...
That's weird. I remember that at the time WWP was released, T17 had an almost non-existent support for their games. Perhaps they decided to authorize some fans to do official updates for them?

Reloaded seems like a nice updated version of the original remake they made for the 360. Hedgewars does seem like a better alternative, though.

bert

Arcane
Dire Roach said:
bert said:
...from what I've heard they're still regularly updating Worms Armageddon...
That's weird. I remember that at the time WWP was released, T17 had an almost non-existent support for their games. Perhaps they decided to authorize some fans to do official updates for them?

Reloaded seems like a nice updated version of the original remake they made for the 360. Hedgewars does seem like a better alternative, though.

Apparently the latest update is v3.6.29.0, relesed two years ago. http://forum.team17.com/showthread.php?t=36816

And about the Hedgewar vs Worms thing going on, well I think I'll stick with Worms :salute:

SkeleTony

Augur
Reloaded(I have pre-ordered it on Steam) IS like Worms: Armageddon and Worms 2 in that it features 2D graphics and no bullshit isometric or 3D nonsense cluttering the game up but the added weapons and shit ALONE will make this game WAY different experience. Some of the stuff they are implementing is really cool(i.e. stealing weapons)!

The 4 worm limit for teams is a concern but the rationalization that in 4 player games with 8 worms, it just takes too long to get back to the player. Still reeks of egotism that they won't make this at least an OPTION for those who DO want 6 or 8 worm teams.

Still I was glad to shell out $17 for the new game.

Hedgewars is...admirable but claiming it is a better alternative to ANY worms game is pretty silly guys. The game needs some serious polish and retooling of the physics and such.

Exmit

Scholar
I bought it cause i love 2d shooters like this and mainly for the multiplayer support.

Looks just like WA, with marginally more eye candy and sillier interface. WA works perfectly on Vista with the 3.6.29.0 patch. I don't feel the urge to buy a new game for the new weapons alone. And I don't buy on Steam.

edit: also, how many new maps did they create? Some art seems copy-pasted from the older games.

Multi-headed Cow

I bought an $18 TF2 hat and got this game for free!

So it's out and reviewers like it.
It looks like they've nerfed tunnelling and hiding underground. Too bad, I have fond memories of long tunnel battles with my arsenal almost depleted, especially some against overwhelming AI enemies.
All in all it doesn't look too bad though, I might even consider buying it if it comes out on CD and comes under 10 €.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom