Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wizardry Wizardry 8 Polish Translation Patch

To the polish bros: I found out that CDP realeased polish version of Wiz8, is it any good? My main concern is about bugs like lack of polish font that prevents from completing the geam (some old polish forum suggested that)... Was anyone able to finish it in PL?

DraQ

Arcane
To the polish bros: I found out that CDP realeased polish version of Wiz8, is it any good? My main concern is about bugs like lack of polish font that prevents from completing the geam (some old polish forum suggested that)... Was anyone able to finish it in PL?
This bug has been patched rather quickly after following shitstorm.
The problem was with some of the required passwords/dialogue keywords containing Polish characters after translation, with no way to enter them in-game (with dialogue it could be worked around by obtaining characters from dialogue in a roundabout manner, no such luck with riddles), so the patch simply allowed spellings without Polish characters.

I've only ever played PL version - it's ok, translation isn't exactly the hottest thing ever, but it's workable and since it only touches text while all dialogue is voiced anyway it doesn't really detract from the game.

panzertoter

Arcane
Patches for polish version are here, if you're still interested.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom