Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

1eyedking Witcher 3 vs Fallout 4

Which is more shitty Witcher 3 or Fallout 4?

• Witcher 3

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Fallout 4

Votes: 101 65.6%
  • Both are equally shitty

Votes: 19 12.3%
  • KingComrade

Votes: 28 18.2%

• Total voters

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Flawed pool but the results are funny:

Witcher 3 5 vote(s) 4.9%
Fallout 4 68 vote(s) 66.7%
Both are equally shitty 15 vote(s) 14.7%
KingComrade 14 vote(s) 13.7%

They are matching the more natural "80-20% rule" known as the Pareto principle instead of the "90% of everything is crap" known as Sturgeon's law.

So it basically means that 80% of this forum audience is composed from retards who think Witcher 3, Divinity OS and Pillars of Eternity are good rpgs :)

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!

So it basically means that 80% of this forum audience is composed from retards who think Witcher 3, Divinity OS and Pillars of Eternity are good rpgs :)

Question asked: "Which is more shitty Witcher 3 or Fallout 4?"

Not mentioned in question: Are either of those games, D:OS or PoE good rpgs?

Conclusion: So it basically means that 80% of this forum audience is composed from retards who think Witcher 3, Divinity OS and Pillars of Eternity are good rpgs.

:retarded:

The replies are just funny to you because you ripped that conclusion out of your ass. Which leads to you being butthurt. Whether or not Twitcher or any of these games are good rpgs has nothing to do with the question asked.

Drowed

Arcane
F22E39D65D5F39ED97E7423E71492FC10E07D144

I'm playing it... And having fun! The nerve!
:shunthenonbeliever:

(Still a simplistic action game, btw.)

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

Question asked: "Which is more shitty Witcher 3 or Fallout 4?"

Not mentioned in question: Are either of those games, D:OS or PoE good rpgs?

Conclusion: So it basically means that 80% of this forum audience is composed from retards who think Witcher 3, Divinity OS and Pillars of Eternity are good rpgs.

:retarded:

The replies are just funny to you because you ripped that conclusion out of your ass. Which leads to you being butthurt. Whether or not Twitcher or any of these games are good rpgs has nothing to do with the question asked.

True (without the butthurt part).

After this vote I can say that (1) it's good to see users capable of acknowledging TW3 flaws and (2) TW3 will be rpgcodex's 2015 GOTY (just a hunch). I don't think it will deserve that title but that's a topic for another thread.

Anyway, the entire thread is retarded and it wasn't even started by me. I think the only butthurt person is the retarded moderator who keeps on changing the title or moving it to different sub-forums. Instead of this kind of shit, he should come forward and say what he wants to say (or she/or it).

Lhynn

Arcane
No one here is claiming witcher 3 is a perfect game. And few here are actually convinced its GOTY 2015 either. Its just that when you compare it to the fetid excrement that is fallout 4 sensible people cant help but express a sensible opinion.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
No one here is claiming witcher 3 is a perfect game. And few here are actually convinced its GOTY 2015 either. Its just that when you compare it to the fetid excrement that is fallout 4 sensible people cant help but express a sensible opinion.

I think that's very sensibly said.

:brofist:

rado907

Savant
I now have 32 hrs on Witcher 3, and I still haven't hit lvl 20 or gone to Skellige. There hasn't been a moment a boredom so far, and there have been way too many moments of sheer amazement to count.
Witcher 3 is like a really good high-class steak. If you are a vegetarian, you won't like the steak. And you might like your steak a little bit well-done, or with a side of sweet rather than mash potatoes. But it's still a damn good steak that you can enjoy and remember for a long time.
Now Fallout 4, on the other hand, is a decent enough burger. It's not some reheated piece of shit that you can only eat while hammered out of your mind. But neither is it a high-class steak. You eat as much of it as you want, throw the rest away, and get on with your day.

Kalasanty11

Learned
With at least about 20 mods Fallout 4 may become decent shooter. As a rpg it will always be garbage, even more so as a part of the Fallout series. Fallout is dead, just deal with it and enjoy Underrail.

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
No. They suck in different ways but overall they are on par.
Delusional fanboy.

True. Lip sync is the defining characteristic of the RPG genre.
You brought up cutscenes i brought up the exceptional quality they had.

Geralt is Geralt. He know things you don't know and he doesn't know things you know. Like for example: the Crones were clearly inspired by Hansel and Gretel. But can you say something or do something about them? Nope. You have to solve the list of quests until the designer allows you to do something about them. That's basically your power to "literally" dictate shit.
Its made clear that you cant beat the crones there because of magical reasons and blah. Which was fitting for both the atmosphere they were going for and the setting. Its a nice way to tell you that neither steel or silver work on everything all the time, this is a theme repeated thought the game, the overwhelming power of mystical forces that you can barely understand. It simply fit the theme.

I don't want to hate the game. I've spent time and money on it.
Yeah you do.

My original statement was made after finishing F4 and realizing that both - F4 and TW3 - are quite similar in delivering an underwhelming experience. TW3 should trash F4 in all departments but it doesn't cause the impaired F4 has better gameplay and you can actually play different characters.
How does it have better gameplay? Fallout 4 is a below average shooter, and the only thing thats clear here is that you have poor taste in shooters.

As I've said before I really don't give a shit about both games and I've persisted with this discussion just because of your butthurt.
But im not butthurt bro, i just am amazed of how poorly you are able to argue your case.

I mean you have to be delusional not to see that there are big problems with TW3.
Sure, but i see those big problems, so i dont see the problem.

Cause really, you have exactly one post in which you somewhat acknowledge that TW3 had plot holes. And that's it.
But plotholes arent a problem on themselves, the greatest works of literature are riddled with plotholes. They are only a problem when they turn the work into a nonsensical mess and when they obscure the narrative, or when they are so blatant that they take you out of it.

Janky and tedious combat
Its not tho, its not very good, but it isnt bad either.

Sure, but its far from being only fake C&C.

cutscenes spam
On the main quest sure, tho im fairly certain by cutscenes you mean dialogues.

repetitive game world
I dont even know what kind of criticism this is.

forced linear story progression
This isnt a bad thing, as branching story progression doesnt necessarily means its good. This is merely a characteristic.

EPIC story
Its the end of a trilogy, and its not bad in itself.

retarded story pacing
Comes with an open world.

obnoxious NPCs
Other than dandelion i didnt find myself dreading talking to anybody else, if anything after the baron i was looking forward to meeting more and more people.

fake plot urgency
Fair point, tho its not as bad as other games and often gives breathing room.

under-developed skill system
True

level/rewards scaling
Yes.

mmorpg quest design
Nope, tho admitely there are mmos with better quests than most rpgs. But then again, you wouldnt know, being an ignorant faggot and all.

infinite ammo/potions
Wasnt particularly bothered by not having to farm crafting materials over and over again. Tho the infinite ammo was shit, it was alleviated by the fact that if you wanted it to be effective you had to use special ammo, and that i dont think i ever fired a single crossbow shot in the entire game, despite having unlimited ammo, which is more of a sign of how useless was the new addition than anything.

UI abomination
Yup, wasnt as bad as others but it was still consolized shit.

limited selection of armors
As opposed to other games that offer an unlimited selection of armors? Tho i do get your point, witcher gear was simply the best and rendered everything else irrelevant, it simply made it so it had no reason to exist. Useless gear is something of a staple of the genre tho.

required fast travel/quest compass
Fair points.

unrewarding exploration
I wouldnt say unrewarding as much as a mixed bag, some exploration was very rewarding and had a meaningful impact on your character, other was kind of irrelevant, which i thought was the way you did exploration.

no stealth approach
Its a witcher game were you are geralt, i dont remember him ever being parcitularly stealthy.

weak atmosphere (!?)
Wrong, this is arguably the strongest point of the game, and its good, at times its very, very good.

insignificant villain
The villain was indeed not very interesting, but then again, the game wasnt about the villain in the first place. Hes just an obstacle to help deliver the main theme of the game.

cringe worthy sex-scenes
I didnt cringe, i didnt fap either, its a witcher game and you are playing as geralt, sex should be a thing.

overuse of witcher senses
Sure.

gwent (cool) time consuming
It could consume 0 minutes 0 seconds. And spending time on it rewarded you with a fairly decent quest that reminded me of maveric. Plus the game itself was fairly fun.

Was it?

Basically there is nothing wrong with TW3 and it might be the greatest RPG ever
Never said that

I'm the problem cause I'm childish
Yup

and the game is fine.
No game is perfect, so yeah, it has its flaws, but its fine.

Please fuck off.
no u

The truth is: take away the open world bullshit from TW3 and you might have a good game.
A better game for certain.

However that is not possible and in the current state the good parts are over-shadowed by the tedious shit which makes for an underwhelming game experience.
Not really, the good that this game offers is very impressive, the bad that it has is at least easily digestible.

And that's about it.
Alright, i still dont see how F4 could even compete with witcher 3 in any of the things you mentioned, fallout 4 is a turd of purest kind, which makes you a hypocrite for even bringing it up.

:hahyou:
That type of post shreddering is a crime against humanity and should result in immediately locking the one who did it up in Prosperland imo.
Also Lhynn is one of the most ridiculous dumbfucks this shithole ever shat out. And the funniest thing is that the guy probably thinks he's smart.
:prosper:

About the thread topic:
Both games fail at being good CRPGs and are full of derp.
At least Fallout 4 makes exploration and combat somewhat fun so I can ignore the great amount of shortcomings.
I will have to play sth turnbased afterwards though since I can feel how playing shooters exclusively makes me dumber by the minute. Maybe D:OS Enhanced, didn't try that yet.
Witcher 3 on the other hand is just botched game design carried through to the bitter end.
I think I hate storyfags and the games they fap to.
... Should see a doctor about that, it's not healthy to hate.
So peace all, you too, Lhynn
Dumbfuck

Voted Kingcomrade because the question is stupid and pointless. It's like letting mentally handicapped people fight for the lulz, you just don't do that, it's ... unseemly.

Last edited:

Doktor Best

Arcane
I now have 32 hrs on Witcher 3, and I still haven't hit lvl 20 or gone to Skellige. There hasn't been a moment a boredom so far, and there have been way too many moments of sheer amazement to count.
Witcher 3 is like a really good high-class steak. If you are a vegetarian, you won't like the steak. And you might like your steak a little bit well-done, or with a side of sweet rather than mash potatoes. But it's still a damn good steak that you can enjoy and remember for a long time.
Now Fallout 4, on the other hand, is a decent enough burger. It's not some reheated piece of shit that you can only eat while hammered out of your mind. But neither is it a high-class steak. You eat as much of it as you want, throw the rest away, and get on with your day.

So you made me hungry for steak just to tell us it is good for what it is? Fuck you man.

Youre right though. Witcher 3 is awesome popamole.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I didn't play either of those games, but I liked Witcher 1 & 2 for the story, quests and characters, albeit gameplay was disappointing and annoying. I'm looking forward to play Witcher 3 in the (probably distant) future. Fallout 3 was one of the dumbest designed and written games ever, I couldn't understand what the fuck was going on in the head of the writers and developers. Gameplay was terrible too. I couldn't stomach much of it, even though I played and somewhat enjoyed Oblivion for some time (and it was dumb too). There was no single positive thing about Fallout 3, no matter how I looked at it. Hence I will never play another Bethesda-made Fallout, including the fourth one, even if it will become RPGCodex GotY 2015.

I'll vote kingcomrade, because OP is a troll and fuck you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom