Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Witcher 3 10/10 GOTY Review Roundup

throwaway

Cipher
The better the game scores the higher the butthurt is going to be. Hoping for more of the same.

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
There can be only one.
maxresdefault.jpg

Ramirez-highlander-8779304-614-456.jpg

CRD

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Didn't Kotaku announce that they wouldn't publish Day 1 reviews anymore, but focus more on in-depth stories after launch?

They took the bribe $.

They have the game since weeks ago, time to end it and write a full review, not like other publishers that sends review copies 1 or 2 days before launch so the reviewers doesn't have time to do an in depth and see all the flaws.

Fuck it, I think I'll enjoy this.
I wasn't exactly in love with the "Bioware-like" approach they took with the second, where everything was presentation first and anything else second. And yet, I still liked even that game just fine.

I don't have particularly unrealistic expectations for this sequel; I'm just expecting it to top the previous one in most (if not all) areas, to various degrees.

Machocruz

Arcane
I tried trolling the comments section for the Gamespot review, but it just wasn't worth it. Like Usain Bolt competing in the Special Olympics.

I mean, someone even played the "Skyrim wuz the bess RPG ever, and this gaem tops it?!!!" card. Contesting that is like scolding a baby for farting.

Tigranes

Arcane
Interacting with these bulletin boards also places local points of interest on your map, but doesn’t reveal what they may be until you approach. So you have to be prepared for anything as it could be a simple monster nest or bandit camp or it could be a large high-level beast guarding a hidden treasure.

Now this is an interesting tidbit. It was always ridiculous that frightened townspeople could always give you an exact rundown of the threats they're facing. It's anti-levelscaling in a different way, and even if it isn't randomised, at least the very first time it'll be a great experience to find out.

Another new element to Witcher 3 expands on actually hunting monsters through investigative sequences. Holding a button highlights items that stand out to Geralt’s enhanced senses, allowing you to examine clues to determine what’s happened in an area or identify what kind of monster would be responsible and follow its footsteps or scent trail. It lends a Sherlock Holmes sense of solving mysteries to the game and provides a greater sense that there was an event and tale behind what happened.

This ended up being pretty gimmicky and irrelevant in TW2. I think it'll be hard to do it properly, but we'll see.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
How so? Pretty sure even the simplest townsperson/farmer could tell the difference between a huge ogre and some rats.

Tigranes

Arcane
Depends. Villagers can report 'bandits' or a Lord hearing of complaints can do so, but that can range from a couple of sneaky miscreants to a full fledged operation.

Apexeon

Arcane
So is there any, well, information in all those reviews?

Eurogamer will have a frame rate shoot out 10 page graphics review between the Xbone and Pissed4 station.
They are going to make sure no pixel is left unchecked.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom