Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Why did Mustawd self-eject?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Yeah, he flipped. Now he hangs out on the Codex Discord channel, so he's easily available for anyone who actually has something to say to him.

Seems pretty odd that quite a few broke-brains leave the Codex forever only to hang out exclusively in this Discord thing. The Codex experience minus the actual site.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
I've travelled quite extensively meeting little computer people, I've slept in houses of little computer people who I have met for the first time that very day. There's little computer people who's wives and kids I met, who I could recognize by voice, I've had beers with. Seeing a pattern here? Even when being friendly with little computer people, the real relationships are happening outside of the firewall. If you're relying on little computer people as your primary support network, you're fucked.
Clarification appreciated. It starting to uncomfortably sound like you know what you're talking about :oops:

Yeah, I've had plenty of e-friends and still do, some of them for nearly two decades. But you see enough people self-eject over the years, you realize how fragile those sort of e-friendships really are. People press a button and disappear without a word, others throw tantrums over weirdest shit. Socializing online is fine but the real lasting relationships are to be found outside.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
People disappearing is how most of my real friendships ended. Though it's preferable to the ones that involve them being angry with me forever. :M

Yeah, he flipped. Now he hangs out on the Codex Discord channel, so he's easily available for anyone who actually has something to say to him.

Seems pretty odd that quite a few broke-brains leave the Codex forever only to hang out exclusively in this Discord thing. The Codex experience minus the actual site.

It's like the shoutbox, but good and not clogged with euros talking about beer for hours.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
People disappearing is how most of my real friendships ended .

200px-Dexter_Morgan.jpg

From the members' picture gallery, probably.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I've travelled quite extensively meeting little computer people, I've slept in houses of little computer people who I have met for the first time that very day. There's little computer people who's wives and kids I met, who I could recognize by voice, I've had beers with. Seeing a pattern here? Even when being friendly with little computer people, the real relationships are happening outside of the firewall. If you're relying on little computer people as your primary support network, you're fucked.
Clarification appreciated. It starting to uncomfortably sound like you know what you're talking about :oops:

Yeah, I've had plenty of e-friends and still do, some of them for nearly two decades. But you see enough people self-eject over the years, you realize how fragile those sort of e-friendships really are. People press a button and disappear without a word, others throw tantrums over weirdest shit. Socializing online is fine but the real lasting relationships are to be found outside.

I don't know if there is much of a difference to be honest. I have drifted away from many real life friends, it's actually very similar to someone just pressing a button. One day you don't talk and all of sudden it has gone 5 years. Also many friends I made during for an example college felt like those friendships was going to last forever but just kinda fizzled out after college, like some things only fits with certain things. I have people I have been talking to for years and years on the Internet, and they have always been there even if these people have changed job, doing college, moved and so on.

Last edited:

Revenant

I don't know if there is much of a difference to be honest. I have drifted away from many real life friends, it's actually very similar to someone just pressing a button. One day you don't talk and all of sudden it has gone 5 years. Also many friends I made during for an example college felt like those friendships was going to last forever but just kinda fizzled out after college, like some things only fits with certain things. The I have people I have been talking to for years and years on the Internet, and they have always been there even if these people have changed job, doing college, moved and so on.
This, so much this. Some people are just unable to build lasting social contacts with anyone. Internet friends escape this curse because they are connected to you through shared interests, like CRPGs here. However, there is something about real life friendship that is irreplaceable with online interactions. Too bad real life friends always drift away, and there is fucking nothing you can do.

If you're reading this, cut on your drinking, Mustard. 4 alcohol units an evening, that must become the norm.

Revenant

prison lines thinning. Assassinations behind the bars!!1

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Seems pretty odd that quite a few broke-brains leave the Codex forever only to hang out exclusively in this Discord thing.
waddaya mean people who self-eject forever hang on dis cord?

if dis is a bad suicide joke i don't like it one bit

Reapa

Doom Preacher
While I agree there are many cunts abound, Mustawd had and has several people who honestly care about his current state, and that would have encouraging conversations with him on a regular basis. It certainly shouldn't become a serious support network for a person, but saying there is no one to relate to is a little hyperbolic.
If you have to rely on little people from the computer to help you, you're already fucked beyond repair.
Meh, I don't get this whole perception that online friends "aren't real". Hugs are great, but not required for meaningful contact.
only 3D is real.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom