Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What's the name of these games?

Texas Red

Whiner
It was probably released in the 90. It's an arcade beat em up and all characters are electronic appliances. You could play either 2 character: a faster, more agile "red" appliance or a tougher, slower one.

For some reason I remember the name to be Electronic People or Electronic Bubble, but Googling didn't help.

Second game is a strategy. You play these different monsterish floating guys and it's an arcade, too. It was released somewhere in the 90s as well.

Fens

Ford of the Llies
It was probably released in the 90. It's an arcade beat em up and all characters are electronic appliances. You could play either 2 character: a faster, more agile "red" appliance or a tougher, slower one.

For some reason I remember the name to be Electronic People or Electronic Bubble, but Googling didn't help.
electronic popple ?

potatojohn

Arcane
What was that cartoon where the characters are electrical appliances in a scrapyard that embark on an epic quest?

potatojohn

Arcane
What was that 3D 1995-1998 game where you design (I think?) and control robots in various environments? It was called something like G.......ar?

Multi-headed Cow

Only thing sorta like that that comes to mind is Roboforge but that's not exactly as you said. In Roboforge you build and "Program" your robot and it does its own thing from that point forward.

And huh, apparently Roboforge is free to play now. Wonder if anyone's even in any of the tournaments.

potatojohn

Arcane
Nope it was more environmental, with slopes and lava (?). The game was very early 3D, I don't think it was even accelerated, grey and brown. The robots IIRC were spider-like. They actually looked like primitive chips.

For some reason I associate the word 'madagascar' with it, but searching came up with nothing.

lightbane

Arcane
What was that 3D 1995-1998 game where you design (I think?) and control robots in various environments? It was called something like G.......ar?

Colobot? You designed robots that you had to program to do varios stuff. Quite an interesting early 3d game.

copy14e.jpg

http://www.ceebot.com/colobot/index-e.php

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Galapagos was pretty shit. I recall trying the demo of it ages ago.

Roboforge otoh was awesome. I won 100 kwabucks in tourneys back when it was new using various iterations of SpoonBot™.
Basically it was a small hover chassis, entirely encased in shields, with a bigass arm on a rotate+pivot joint. The arm was encased in shields as well, with a spike at the tip. Used 3 cogitators and a pretty complex program to constantly circlestrafe without getting stuck on the arena walls and kpet the enemy at an optimal distance to hit them from above with the spike.

Spoonbot was eventually replaced with SpinBot. spinbot swapped the giant arm lever for a stack of rotating joints with 4 spinning blades attached. The AI was simpler since all it really had to do was hang back until the arms had built up momentum, then collide with the enemy robot for maximum damage.

If someone on the codex is up for doing some roboforge combat, I'd join in. We could decide on a price limit on robot parts, then upload our designs to somewhere and do a robot knockout ladder and post screenies in the playground.

Mystary!

Arcane
Im also looking for a game.

You play as a knight, I think it was called black knight or something but havent been able to find anything searching for that. It's either NES or SNES. Grimdark graphics, slow paced, you dont go bouncing around like in regular platformer. You sometimes fight other knights in duels, and I remember them being crazy hard, you need to time blocks and ducks and shit.

Texas Red

Whiner
Im also looking for a game.

You play as a knight, I think it was called black knight or something but havent been able to find anything searching for that. It's either NES or SNES. Grimdark graphics, slow paced, you dont go bouncing around like in regular platformer. You sometimes fight other knights in duels, and I remember them being crazy hard, you need to time blocks and ducks and shit.

I think someone posted something on it here a while back. I watched a few videos and was genuinely impressed. Would appreciate someone posting the name and going through a video LP.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom