Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What Steam game you sank the most hours into ?

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
K9uydnf.png

Pretty shameful, I have to admit.
Well, I'll be honest: DOTA2 hours are kinda bullshit. Most matches go 25 - 35 minutes or so. However, Steam rounds up your time spent to the nearest hour. So even if a match is 25 minutes, or so, it seems to increment hours spent upwards. It doesn't keep a true running total down to the minute. Don't think this is to bloat hours or anything screwy, just they may have assumed the time spent is just a feature that doesn't mean anything (until now.)

Not saying the person above didn't spend all that time playing, just that in my case, my numbers are up there even though I'm a casual noob. I have 400+ hours on DOTA2, still suck, all about 30 minutes at a time. The 100+ hours I have in Fallout NV is most likely at least 100 hours, about 3 hours or so at a crack. Most RPGs are not consumed in 30 minute increments, but hours or more (which is why I can't finish anything right now.)

Holy crap. Are you any good?
Not really, I would say I'm fairly competent. DOTA is a bullshit game that takes way too much time and effort to learn, I would never recommend it to anyone. But at the same time. I wouldn't hesitate to say it is the best game I've ever played.

About the hours, the poster above has it right - a lot of the reported Steam time is bullshit and bloated, I have around 4,000 matches, if you consider 40 minutes being the average game time (a fairly solid estimate), then I would have around 2,700 hours played. I spent a lot of time idling, alt-tabbed or watching games inside the client.

But then again I have other accounts, around 3 or 4, each of them has a solid amount of hours played.

polo

Magister
I have around 1.500hs and i suck, i just wanted to feel good with myself. :badnews:

I'm not interested in ranked because it stresses me out too much. I calibrated one of my accounts to 5.2k MMR and never played ranked again.

Renegen

Arcane
Really hoping the new UT is not shit so I can stop playing TF2. I like it okay and all but I much prefer classless arena shooters.

XOMshps.png
Look at this asshole, trying to earn credit around here by actually having RPGs in his most played list.

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
It's ok bro. You can say that for 350 of those hours Skyrim was your girlfriend. Let it out. This is a judgment free zone.
Seriously, i played 60 hours until i finished the main quest, and havent played it since. One day i showed it to my gf, she had never played a 3D game like that before, and after a week of getting used to movement and what not, she was hooked. Spent the summer playing.

Self-Ejected

Yuri Gagarin

Self-Ejected
mgmZq1J.png

To be fair, most hours in Crusader Kings 2 and Civ 5 were playing in an incredibly old and shitty computer.

This shows us that The Decline has been rampant for many years. I'm sure that most Kodexian Kolleagues have spent countless hours playing :obviously: material long before Steam existed.

I'm sure of it! It has to be true!

:negative:

Turjan

Arcane
RPGCodex: a place where nobody playes RPGs:smug:
Meh. I have most of the older titles in D-Fend Reloaded or on gog.com, and some of the newer RPGs also went there. Which means that Steam statistics will be somewhat selective.

But you can be thankful for that. Many people here put their hundreds of hours into Oblivion before the Steam keys were added with the GOTY:troll:

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
4249 69 hours in Grim Dawn ?! And it's still alpha/beta ? How is that stuff, I have it Kickstarted and waiting for a release.. any idea about that ? Does it feel finished by now ?

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
4249 69 hours in Grim Dawn ?! And it's still alpha/beta ? How is that stuff, I have it Kickstarted and waiting for a release.. any idea about that ? Does it feel finished by now ?

Well it's built on the TQ engine, so it's pretty complete as far as basic gameplay mechanics go. All the masteries intended for the release are in the game. It's supposed to be a three act game and the first two acts of the game are complete with an optional "roguelike" dungeon in the second one. The first part of the third act was just released as well.

To be honest it's not really an "open world" game like they promised in the KS pitch, unless the third act changes that, but it's given me lots of fun regardless.

Also there's this thread: Grim Dawn Thread - Early Access now available

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
untitled-1fosg7.jpg

What can I say. I enjoy combat in semi realistic envoriments. DayZ is not about Zombies. It's more about Player interactions and keeping your character alive in virtual czech republic.

Dark Souls I spent a lot of time just doing PvP. It was huge fun.

Civilisation I play with my casual friends for babbies first strategy game with up to 6 people. It is fun when someone drops a nuke on the others town.

Offspring Fling was mostly played by ex girlfriend, she somehow loved the game to be autistic enough to beat all the achievments.

Should play more Red Orchestra and Insurgency..

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom