Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

We should have annual Codex awards

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
But only for a few categories so as not to become gay and stupid like everything else is around here.

For example, Most Edgiest, Best Newfag, Worst Newfag, Most Likely to An Hero, etc. We could all vote.

I think it would be cool.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
KpaZaX5.png

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I know that video game forum regulars are almost entirely comprised of the underdogs of society (myself included) and that we could use a little acknowledgement, but I think this is too much.

This reeks of the "deferred success" special snowflakes political correctness bullshit jargon that's constantly being pushed everywhere around us.

If a forum user stands out, he'll get recognized. For better or for worse. Yes, I know the ratio is horrible. For every one Deuce Traveler we get 50 Dumbfucks and Fanbois.

The button system does a great job of showing everyone who are the good posters and who are the bad ones. I say we let that suffice.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
I know that video game forum regulars are almost entirely comprised of the underdogs of society (myself included) and that we could use a little acknowledgement, but I think this is too much.

This reeks of the "deferred success" special snowflakes political correctness bullshit jargon that's constantly being pushed everywhere around us.

If a forum user stands out, he'll get recognized. For better or for worse. Yes, I know the ratio is horrible. For every one Deuce Traveler we get 50 Dumbfucks and Fanbois.

The button system does a great job of showing everyone who are the good posters and who are the bad ones. I say we let that suffice.
Simple solution, make all of the awards negative.

"Biggest faggot award"

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Really. Because you motherfuckers are not The Order where real men go to BATTLE and show off their mad photoshop skills and their wife's snatches. You best stick to playing with elves and shit. I have an idea for an award. Anyone who owns Skyrim on their Steam profile gets a permanent tramp stamp. That should cover 90% of the try hard faggots around here then the rest get a trophy for not being the reason shit sucks.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
Really. Because you motherfuckers are not The Order where real men go to BATTLE and show off their mad photoshop skills and their wifes snatches. You best stick to playing with elves and shit. I have an idea for an award. Anyone who owns Skyrim on their Steam profile gets a permanent tramp stamp. That should cover 90% of the try hard faggots around here then the rest get a trophy for not being the reason shit sucks.
I should get a double trophy because I don't have a steam profile.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
The only reason I do is because of the sales and the chat client. I love sitting in chat rooms with dudes who don't talk or play games with each other.

And I bring you exhibit one men:

2gy7kbc.png

20jo94k.png

Last edited:

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Fuck I saw 5 playing it just on the first two pages. It's sad. Bunch of hypocrites man. If any of these posers pop up and badmouth your favorite game make sure to piss in their mouth when you discover they own that piece of shit.

But I can mod it how I liiikkkkkeeeee...

existential_vacuum

.PNG Police
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
For example, Most Edgiest, Best Newfag, Worst Newfag, Most Likely to An Hero, etc. We could all vote.
Best Newfag ye say? Then I'd vote existential_vacuum!

Look at that guy. Registered during the infamous (but infinitely hilarious) inXile gamespot interview cancellation drama and has been contributing to the incline of the Codex ever since. New shitty smileys; piss poor and low effort posters and comics devoted to T:ToN, button drama, Rouqa (HI ROQUA!), Brother "how many jews do I like?" None and more; Neverhood avatars and an attempt to bring Loom avatars.

Oh well, who am I kidding. Neckbeard Shitlord wins the spots.
:buildawall:

Anyway, I don't think that even more tags are necessary and as Unkillable Cat said:
If a forum user stands out, he'll get recognized. For better or for worse. [...]
:salute:

Druid's friend

Barely Literate
Really. Because you motherfuckers are not The Order where real men go to BATTLE and show off their mad photoshop skills and their wife's snatches. You best stick to playing with elves and shit. I have an idea for an award. Anyone who owns Skyrim on their Steam profile gets a permanent tramp stamp. That should cover 90% of the try hard faggots around here then the rest get a trophy for not being the reason shit sucks.
Whats wrong with Skyrim ?

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
Whats wrong with Skyrim ?
It is decline, though a definite slowing of it compared to Fallout 3 and Oblivion. And by the way, yes, I own Skyrim, I got it in the Elder Scrolls Anthology along with the rest of the TES series. And I also happen to have more hours in many far more incline games like Might and Magic an Baldur's Gate.

Aenra

I like it as an idea.. the problem is the Boss implementation, lol
I bet you an easy 70% will hate the tags they'll be receiving. Trust DU in being creative when butthurt's involved :)

edit: of course, if someone gave me, say, a KKK tag i guess i wouldn't mind, not really.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom