Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Watch me play a shitty game (Fallout 3) (COMPLETED!!)

Mighty Mouse

Novice
In Fallout 1 BIS introduced the Brotherhood of Steel, the Followers of the Apocalypse, Raiders, Regulators, Children of the cathedral, etc.
In Fallout 2 BIS introduced the Enclave, the Slaver's Guild, etc.
In Fallout 3 Bethesda introduced... erm... the Raiders... the Brotherhood of Steel... the Enclave... the Slavers... what the fuck! Sadly, Bethesda only reused lore from Fallout 1 and 2. But... Bethesda, bethesda never changes.

bhlaab said:
You learn much of that from trouble on the homefront and from the overseer's computer terminal in the escape

Yeah, they'd actually sent out scouting teams to study the surrounding area, and even made contact with Megaton.

So many Vault people had been seen near Megaton that pretty much everyone knew where the Vault was located.

Pliskin

Arbiter
jagged-jimmy said:
They basically used stuff from the originals, so they didnt have to come up with ideas and concentrated on adding retarded shit and delivering award winning writing.

One of the more annoying examples of Bethesduh's Fallout Lore Blender (tm) sometimes shows itself in the most mundane of ways:

Everybody remembers how in FO1 iguana-on-a-stick wasn't actually iguana. It's mentioned several times that the meat is unidentifiable, and the vault dweller even comments something to the effect that he's never even seen an iguana anywhere in his travels. Then we find out what it really is...

Well, in FO3, iguana-on-a-stick is iguana. On a stick. The description, the 3D model --- everything. All done without a hint of irony or understanding on Bethesduh's part. (Leaving off the fact that iguana is not now, nor has ever been, native to the Eastern US).

Well, I say iguana-on-a-stick is people! ITZ MADE OUT OF PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!

lightbane

Arcane
Well, you're assuming that the Unspekeable Ones did read the script, and you now that is impossible, I think it was something like that:

Unspeakable One 1: OH COOL!!! Now we have enough EXPLOSIONS!!!
U.O.2: EXPLOSIONS!!!
UO1: EXPLOSIONS!!!
UO2: BLOOM!!!!
UO1: EXPLOSIONS!!!!

(continue for 10 minutes)

UO1: Well, now seriously, we need a script, we need it to be impressive... and full of explosions!!!
UO2: EXPLOSIONS!!!
(10 more minutes later)

UO1: Ugh, too much work, I wanted the script, not a fucking nobel... I KNOW!!!! LET'S JUST PICK EVERYTHING THAT LOOKS AWESOME!! AND THEN WE BLEND IT SO ITS MORE COOL!!!
UO2: Such as explosions!!!

(and so on, bad writing intended)

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Makes you wonder how'll they tackle Star Wars license if they ever get it. Visualizing Bethesda's version of Kreia made me giggle stupidly.

MetalCraze

Arcane
I wish Bethesda got their hands on a Star Wars license. Seeing a shitty franchise raped would've been a nice change for once.

DriacKin

Arbiter
MetalCraze said:
I wish Bethesda got their hands on a Star Wars license. Seeing a shitty franchise raped would've been a nice change for once.
Why? LucasArts and BioWare do a perfectly fine job at it already.

RK47

Patron
Exile : (Intelligence) So you are an assassin droid disguised as a protocol droid?

HK47: Surprised statement, why master, you are very intelligent for a meatbag!

Exile : (Speech) Kreia, you've got to stop this. While there's a chance to turn back!

Kreia : Yes, you are correct. There's still a chance for me to turn back, what have I been doing? I..I must undo what I have done....*stabs herself with 5 summoned purple lightsaber*

DriacKin

Arbiter
Part 21 – Iron Man

Now that our mission to retrieve the GECK has failed, we’re gonna head back to the BoS base to give them a status update.

As we arrive, we witness a conversation between the leaders of the Brotherhood.
830.jpg

Sarah Lyons is arguing that they shouldn’t wait any longer and instead attack the Enclave right now.

831.jpg

However, the older <s>wiser</s> leaders disagree with the reckless young folk.

i3.jpg
This conversation isn’t completely stereotypical. Not at all.

832.jpg

At this point, the two leaders are clearly unaware that the Enclave in fact already has a GECK.

i3.jpg
I like how the old dudes completely ignore the possibility that the Enclave might find/develop a GECK themselves.

833.jpg

MainCharacterSmall.jpg
You feared for us and the status of this super critical mission? Is that why you sent us in completely alone with no support at all?

Anyway, we tell the old dude that the Enclave stole the GECK.
834.jpg

And so, the old dudes diskuss this new revelation.

835.jpg

836.jpg

FACT: The Lyons Pride is the name of the super elite team of BoS knights led by Sarah Lyons.

MainCharacterSmall.jpg
‘Is it ready’? What could they possibly be talking about?

837.jpg

These three dudes spend the next few minutes discussing the readiness of ITZ.

838.jpg

In the end, they decide that ITZ is in fact ready for deployment.

MainCharacterSmall.jpg
Yay!! I can’t wait to see IT in action. What exactly is IT, you ask?

839.jpg

GIANT MECHA GUNDAM!!1!!11!!!

MainCharacterSmall.jpg
:D :D :D :D

i3.jpg
Hideo Kojima would be proud.

840.jpg

841.jpg

And, in case you were wondering, Fawkes is our companion, so he follows us around everywhere.
FACT #1: None of the other BoS dudes seem to have any problem with a Super Mutant running around their base.
FACT #2: In fact, none of the other NPCs really even acknowledge his presence.

842.jpg

MainCharacterSmall.jpg
I’ve done enough to get an honorary induction into the Paladin order? Really? Like blowing up Megaton and slaughtering the people of Oasis?

843.jpg

And, as a reward, she gives us a pretty useless suit of armor that’s inferior to what we’re already using.

Anyway, here’s the gameplan:
844.jpg

845.jpg

She explains that Metal Gear Liberty Prime is gonna take care of the energy fields that the Enclave has set up.

846.jpg

847.jpg

MainCharacterSmall.jpg
:facepalm:

848.jpg

Anyway, this platform thingy raises Metal Gear Prime to ground level.

849.jpg

After which, it get’s carried out of the base using this crane.

850.jpg

Our objective is to follow the big dude.
However, Enclave vertibirds attack Liberty Prime.

851.jpg

MainCharacterSmall.jpg
METAL GEAR PRIME SHOOTS LASERS FROM ITS EYES!!! :D :D :D

852.jpg

FACT: Liberty Prime one-hit kills everything he shoots at.
Anyway, see that energy field in the distance?

853.jpg

Well, Liberty Prime overloads it just by walking through it.

But, that’s not all he can do. You’re probably wondering why Prime even has arms if he just shoots everything with his eyes.
854.jpg

Well, he uses his arms to grab portable nuclear bombs, which he...

855.jpg

...throws like a football, causing...

856.jpg

...two enemy vertibirds in the distance to explode.

MainCharacterSmall.jpg
EXPLOSION!! :D

i3.jpg
Apparently, building a giant robot that throws nukes is more practical than just attaching a rocket launcher? WTF?

857.jpg

Anyway, I put away my gun at this point. Gundam Prime is invincible and kills everything without any problems.

858.jpg

As we approach the Jefferson Memorial (our target), we discover that the Enclave has setup another large energy field to block the way.

859.jpg

BUT THAT DOESN’T STOP GUNDAM PRIME!!!

860.jpg

So, we finally reach the Jefferson Memorial.

861.jpg

Inside, we find some hostile Enclave soldiers, whom we need to kill.

After eliminating them, we head for the control room, where we find:
862.jpg

863.jpg

864.jpg

865.jpg

Personally, I found this dialogue to be just as <s>silly</s> awesome as the President Eden dialogue.
866.jpg

867.jpg

i3.jpg
Wait a second. Didn’t you just say that you were doing all this for the sake of extending Enclave influence?

868.jpg

869.jpg

i3.jpg
Actually, yes. That’s exactly what we expect.

870.jpg

871.jpg

MainCharacterSmall.jpg
I promise that we won’t. Really.

872.jpg

And leave he did.

873.jpg

And after we’ve secured the control room, we talk to Doctor Li over the intercom.

DoctorLiSmall.jpg
I’ve been monitoring the equipment remotely, and we have a serious problem.

DoctorLiSmall.jpg
The facility has been damaged during the fighting. There’s pressure building up in the tanks. It needs to be released now or the whole facility could explode.

874.jpg

875.jpg

DoctorLiSmall.jpg
I’m sorry. I wish there was some other way, but there’s just no time. It has to be done now or the damage will be catastrophic.

MainCharacterSmall.jpg
Wait a second. Are you saying that one of us is gonna have to sacrifice our lives for this?!!

876.jpg

i3.jpg
Thank you for repeating exactly what Dr. Li just stated 2 seconds ago.

MainCharacterSmall.jpg
Dude, don’t worry. This shouldn’t be a big deal. Fallout 3 has already established that Fawkes is able to walk through irradiated rooms with no problems, right?

877.jpg

878.jpg

MainCharacterSmall.jpg
:evil:

i3.jpg
:headdesk: : headdesk: : headdesk:

End of Part 21.

We’ve come to the end of the game. At this point, the game gives us two choices to make.

Remember President Eden?
Part 20 of our LP said:
We can choose whether or not to insert his vial into the Project Purity machine. Doing so will eliminate all the Mutants from the wasteland.

880.jpg

We also get to choose which one of us gets to sacrifices our lives to do this deed.

THE CHOICE IS YOURS!!!
DISKUSS!!

We should finish the game by the next update, and it’s gonna be the last update for this LP.

RK47

Patron
BRoKN STIL DLC FIX DAT ! U KEN HAF FUCKES ENTAR CEMBAR!

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
DriacKin said:
We also get to choose which one of us gets to sacrifices our lives to do this deed.

THE CHOICE IS YOURS!!!
DISKUSS!!

I'm sorry my companion, but no. We all have our destinies, and yours culminates here. I would not rob you of that.

Coyote

Arcane
Well... choosing to purge the wasteland of mutant abominations would seem to entail that the game itself cease to exist, so I'd go for that.

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
If the only intelligent mutant turns into stupid asshole who thinks our destiny is more important than our life, than just kill them all...

By the way, didn't bethesduh notice there were quite a few smart muties, even a whole town full of them in previous fallout frenchise? But yeah, :headdesk: all the way.

t said:
If the only intelligent mutant turns into stupid asshole who thinks our destiny is more important than our life, than just kill them all...

By the way, didn't bethesduh notice there were quite a few smart muties, even a whole town full of them in previous fallout frenchise? But yeah, :headdesk: all the way.

Bethesda ignored a lot of things from the previous games. Why would they care about that?

For that matter, isn't this supposed to be a different strain of FEV?

Something I never understood in this game. It comes up and bothers me immensely at random every few weeks, so I'll just leave this here.

[3:44:19 PM] Digital Wanking Services says: I honestly
[3:44:21 PM] Digital Wanking Services says: spent the whole thing
[3:44:26 PM] Digital Wanking Services says: wondering why I was fighting the Enclave
[3:45:02 PM] Digital Wanking Services says: They are led by an evil AI who wants to poison the water, but they blow him up because they don't
[3:45:03 PM] Digital Wanking Services says: you know this
[3:45:06 PM] Digital Wanking Services says: you still have to fight them
[3:45:27 PM] Digital Wanking Services says: because you are a glory hunting dick

iirc, the muties "degenerated" during the time between 2 and 3. Most of them became retarded, some pokévolved and became behemoths. And it's another strain of fev, I guess.

Pliskin

Arbiter
834.jpg

Ummm, hai gais, I already 'fessed up the code. Sorry, but they asked nicely, and I figured it was the polite thing to do, being their guest and all...

Lonely Vazdru said:
DriacKin said:

THE CHOICE IS YOURS!!!
DISKUSS!!

I'm sorry my companion, but no. We all have our destinies, and yours culminates here. I would not rob you of that.

"Ha! No way am I going in there! You do it!"

Admiral jimbob said:
Something I never understood in this game. It comes up and bothers me immensely at random every few weeks, so I'll just leave this here.

[3:44:19 PM] Digital Wanking Services says: I honestly
[3:44:21 PM] Digital Wanking Services says: spent the whole thing
[3:44:26 PM] Digital Wanking Services says: wondering why I was fighting the Enclave
[3:45:02 PM] Digital Wanking Services says: They are led by an evil AI who wants to poison the water, but they blow him up because they don't
[3:45:03 PM] Digital Wanking Services says: you know this
[3:45:06 PM] Digital Wanking Services says: you still have to fight them
[3:45:27 PM] Digital Wanking Services says: because you are a glory hunting dick

C'mon --- after everything else you've seen in the playthru up to this point, do you really expect it to make any sense now?

I mean, Liberty Prime has a big red star on his shoulder. Explain that.

If LIBERTY PRIME is a patriot(WTFFF) then does it make sense to send it against Enclave which OH SHIT IS WHAT'S LEFT OF US GOVERNMENT?

Best Writitng 2008 said:

failtag.jpg

That is so fucking dumb I permit you to stop the LP here.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Lonely Vazdru said:
DriacKin said:

THE CHOICE IS YOURS!!!
DISKUSS!!

Pliskin

Arbiter
Emotional Vampire said:
If LIBERTY PRIME is a patriot(WTFFF) then does it make sense to send it against Enclave which OH SHIT IS WHAT'S LEFT OF US GOVERNMENT?

It's obviously a commie --- see my big red star comment.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom