Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Wasteland Kickstarter Project Interview with Brian Fargo

Discussion in 'RPG Codex News & Content Comments' started by VentilatorOfDoom, Feb 24, 2012.

1. VentilatorOfDoom RPG Codex Staff Patron

VentilatorOfDoom
    Click here and disable ads!
    Tags: Brian Fargo; InXile Entertainment; Wasteland 2

InXile CEO Brian Fargo got quizzed by NMA on his planned Wasteland 2 kickstarter project.

Brother None reports:
    Here's a snippet from the interview:

Mortmal, Monk, janjetina and 7 others Brofist this.
    ^ Top  
  2. hoverdog dog that is hovering

hoverdog
    Project: Eternity
    :hero:
    ^ Top  
  3. Canus Learned

Canus
    Now this is interesting.
    ^ Top  
  4. quasimodo Scholar Patron

quasimodo
    Party and turn based combat is an absolute critical requirement for me.

He has got my money.
    VentilatorOfDoom Brofists this.
    ^ Top  
  5. Suchy Arcane

Suchy
  6. Sul Learned

Sul
    Sounds good so far. Seems like Fargo has his head in place, now we can only wait to see if he can implement his ideas successfully.
    ^ Top  
  7. LibertyRansom Learned

LibertyRansom
    This sounds very promising...maybe I am a fool but I would donate.
    ^ Top  
  8. felipepepe Prestigious Gentleman Codex's Heretic Patron

felipepepe
    $50 for my Wasteland 2 box with game manual are yours the moment the Kickstarted goes up, Mr. Fargo. :salute:
    ^ Top  
  9. commie The Last Marxist Patron

commie
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
    I'm fucking praying to all the Gods that this works...if it does, it would show once and for all that the TB party RPG is not fucking dead and maybe all the other guys from RPG's past will join in the fun. I'll donate to this no problem, will be cool to be part of this last great experiment to stop the tide of darkness...
    ^ Top  
  10. Mozgoëbstvo Learned

Mozgoëbstvo
    Here. Right fucking here, there's the official and undeniable admission that an RPG can't have FP ultrasparkly graphics AND depth together. Here.
    Whenever a developer of an AAA RPG says "We're not sacrificing classic RPG elements because we polish the visuals", call "BULLSHIT!" right away and
    quote this piece of interview.

/rant.
    ^ Top  
  11. Stabwound Magister

Stabwound
    I never buy games, but if this sees the light of day and looks to be going in the direction of a true, enjoyable Wasteland 2, I will gladly donate. It sounds extremely promising so far. Come on, Brian.

This whole Kickstarter thing could potentially be the beginning of a huge incline in CRPG gaming. That is, if it doesn't get completely fucked to death by every person with dollar signs in their eyes, which will probably happen.
    ^ Top  
  12. undecaf Arcane

undecaf
    Good interview. This game needs to happen. Start asking for monies already, Brian.
    ^ Top  
  13. Roderick Learned

Roderick
    That interview left me salivating. At least he can talk the talk. This needs to happen.
    ^ Top  
  14. Morkar illiterate

Morkar
    Sounds good.
    ^ Top  
  15. Country_Gravy Arcane Patron

Country_Gravy
    Wasteland 2
    I think you would have to get the team and the core design ready before you ask for the money. It sounds like they already have the core design since Jason Anderson worked on it for a year and he said he has a few people to reach out to before the team is complete.

You don't want to ask for money and then not get the team you need to do the project or you would never be able to do something like that again.

I will donate to this without feeling the least bit of buyer's remorse. It sounds like he might actually have his shit together and want to build a RPG that RPG fans really want instead of going for the consoletard audience to score phat lewt.
    ^ Top  
  16. undecaf Arcane

undecaf
    Well, yeah, obviously. It was just an exaggerated expression of enthusiasm.

And I also wouldn't want them fuck this up by rushing it out when/if they go live with the Kickstarter.
    ^ Top  
  17. Kwota Educated

Kwota
    I must say knowing current Inxile record I wasn't set too optimistic to the idea of Wasteland 2 and now after reading this interview I will watch this project more closely, god speed Brian.
    Roderick Brofists this.
    ^ Top  
  18. Shannow Waster of Time

Shannow
    He talks the talk. I hope he'll also walk the walk.
    ^ Top  
  19. nihil Savant

nihil
    I think he will. I always got the impression of Brian Fargo that his heart is in the right place, but he's a businessman first and foremost, so he can't really do exactly what he wants all the time. The Matt Chat interview is a good example.

Also,

Take that, doubters (or the one doubter in that other thread, forgot who).

If this Kickstarter reaches its goal, I will be more excited for a game than I've been in a long time.
    ^ Top  
  20. TalesfromtheCrypt Arcane

TalesfromtheCrypt
    They keep talking about this Wasteland 2 project as if it was real, but when will the actuall kickstarter fundraising begin? Would be pretty embarrassing if after all this talk it turned out that they can't even reach half of their pledging goal or something like that.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for them of course, prolly donate some small amount myself.
    ^ Top  
  21. Icewater Ice ice baby

Icewater
    He's actually going through with this?

I hope he realizes that the Psychonauts 2 thing was a fluke.
    ^ Top  
  22. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    And now for the good news: Steam exclusive!

Just kidding, put down the pitch forks.
    ^ Top  
  23. almondblight Arcane

almondblight
    Probably me. But it looks like I was wrong. I hope.
    ^ Top  
  24. Mozgoëbstvo Learned

Mozgoëbstvo
    You're not wrong. Even if the interviewee says all the right things to tickle your prostate, you have to be wary.
    To me, all upcoming games are shit until proven otherwise (either by the faintest of gameplay videos or a demo).

Never let your guard down, lest you be buggered by fate unawares.
    ^ Top  
  25. The Brazilian Slaughter Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter

Fuck, I'm awakening in parallel universes again! GUYS, GUYS, quickly, did Fallout 3 get done by Black Isle in this universe? QUICK BEFORE I RETURN TO EARTH-1! GIVE A ANSWER AND IF YES THEN A LINK QUICK, THE (OTHER) CODEX DEPENDS ON IT!!!

If he does what we said, then my money is his'. Then I will bring my copy of Wasteland 2 to the main universe and share it with the Codex. Then they will elevate me to status of LIVING GOOOOOOD!!!
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above links helps us pay the hosting bills)