Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 2 Thread - Director's Cut

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
Just go back to Citadel and buy some decent weapons. I understood that, when i saw badgers with 225 hp and was still doing 10ish dmg on everyone.
After spending the cash my team could kill any RSM with 2 assault rifle hits or 1 sniper + 1 pistol hits. And.. use a grenade occasionally.

I used my mangler on a group of 4 of them for 100 damage each, that worked well. I used up my pipe bombs and dynamite on the group of 5 right before the group of 6 - lol.

Johannes

Arcane
The new title is false advertisement, unless you're a grog.
Lol, so now grog means basically anyone who disagrees with you? People liking this shit and people dissing Sawyers bland design hardly are the same crowd.

But yeah, title should be at the very least changed to "Yes, it's GUD".

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Lol, so now grog means basically anyone who disagrees with you? People liking this shit and people dissing Sawyers bland design hardly are the same crowd.

Please pay attention to what I say. Wasteland 2's attribute and skill design are grog as hell.

grotsnik

Arcane
Corrain Cain would be my favourite companion so far (he's a radioactive monk! With a groovy name!) if he didn't have Coordination 3. Dude's a melee fighter and can barely get in a hit a turn. And at level 20, he isn't going to be improving on it any time soon...

I'm just not sure I can bring myself to get rid of him.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I dismissed that hobo as soon as I found his stash. Could have kept him for the lulz but I already got 1 shotgun hobo in my party...
Titan Canyon was really a good map. Large with lots of things to do. I wonder what would happen if I's choose to help DBM.

BTW about Angela.

Is she coming back anyhow? Holding my survivalist and weapon maker back in case of her return

Eyeball

Arcane
Hated Scotchmo. Stereotypical drunken fuck with a shotgun and poor skills in lockpicking and safecracking I already had. Rose is the most useful hireling for me so far since her surgery and computing skills are excellent and her 10 intelligence means she can max out all her skills very quickly. Angela Deth can solo most of the early game if you hand her an M16, but she's kind of a noobhelper character and thus doesn't really count.

Lemming42

Arcane
On the topic of NPC companions, Ralphy is god. He hits for like 130 damage with Rebar knuckles.

I wonder what would happen if I's choose to help DBM.

I'd be surprised if most people join the DBM. I was intending to, but after the treatment you get at their base
especially shooting your monk guide
I just shot everyone at the entrance and told the Monks about their HQ.

Started over the game today to create all 4 rangers with 8 INT.
Best decision so far!
Every new level i get extra 4 points to skills!

Now I finally can play without second thoughts about my rangers.
I want to fuck this game and have little baby wastelands!
I'm in love!!!

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Ok, QA time. Dat damn turtle.

I helped it out and out of curiosity start following it. But I got distracted and lost it. And now my bud is telling me she leads me to a secret spot. Was running around the whole Nomad map but can't find it. So where's it?
It disappears (digs itself into the ground I think?) when it reaches the spot, so you kinda have to follow it, though I believe you can find the spot without him as well

Yep, I know it's possible to find it without following it...the point is I can't find it :D

Btw Scotchmo is hilarious :D

Elthosian

Arcane

Hey sea, does the asian guy you recruit at Levelupe have any kind of quest? Want to dismiss him to get Ralphy but whenever I talk to him again he gets buggeds and says I killed the miners :/

Dustin542

Liturgist
Ok, QA time. Dat damn turtle.

I helped it out and out of curiosity start following it. But I got distracted and lost it. And now my bud is telling me she leads me to a secret spot. Was running around the whole Nomad map but can't find it. So where's it?
It disappears (digs itself into the ground I think?) when it reaches the spot, so you kinda have to follow it, though I believe you can find the spot without him as well

Yep, I know it's possible to find it without following it...the point is I can't find it :D

Btw Scotchmo is hilarious :D

Furthest side of the near riverbank that's not infested with enemies. Closer to the entrance of the map.

Deleted member 7219

The combat is tough and ammo is scarce. I'm actually thinking "Not again" when combat starts, just like in Shadowrun Returns.

kain30

Cipher
oh my god, i´m the worst negotiator ever LOL
the topekans killed the atchisons in rail nomads camp. so... no more trains for arizona wasteland. my bad ^^U

mutonizer

Arcane
Patron
Anyone else feeling a..hmm..disconnect, or change once you reach the "new area" that wasn't available in beta? Haven't gone too far into it yet but it felt odd somehow, foreign compared to the first part.

Also, does ammo really weight that much? Barely carrying anything but ammo and my weaklings are closing overweight status.

Deleted member 7219

I find junk is pretty heavy and I have to spread it around amongst my team if I've been in an area for a long time (like the Ag Center).

I didn't play beta so I can't speak for the new area.

Right now I'm looking for the influence of Chris Avellone. The writing is good but there isn't much of it. So far it feels like Shadowrun Returns with more lockpicking/traps/safes. Really want in depth conversations and a bit less combat.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Youa ren't gonna get depth using a 'code word' system. The convo system is still solid though.

I also notice the game has the lame heal you to max when you level up method. At least it doesn't auto heal injuries like concussions which I actually love btw. :)

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I find junk is pretty heavy and I have to spread it around amongst my team if I've been in an area for a long time (like the Ag Center).

I didn't play beta so I can't speak for the new area.

Right now I'm looking for the influence of Chris Avellone. The writing is good but there isn't much of it. So far it feels like Shadowrun Returns with more lockpicking/traps/safes. Really want in depth conversations and a bit less combat.
wasn't the ag center avellone's work?
IMO the worst part of the game.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
It magically makes the writing better. Avellone +5 > Avellone +2

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I suspect you're more likely to find Thomas Beekers and Eric Schwarz influence in Wasteland 2 than Chris Avellone. Although I suppose he may have had an input on the game's overall plot.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Curious builds people have posted for their parties.

There were a few rules of thumb I had for my beta group.
- 8 intelligence for everyone. With the amount if levels you get, 4 skill points per level is pretty huge
- Cha, Luck (and usually either Per or Str) as dump stats. Since they aren't linked to skills, you only need one party member with one of them high
- other stats (especially coordination) raised to levels where they give an additional action point or two. No one in my group started with less than 9 AP
- pooled skills on everyone. That's barter and outdoorsman. After rank 4 they become a lot more expensive to raise, so I'd rather spread them out.
- weapons with different ammo types for everyone to make it last longer. You get an assault rifle npc right out of the gate and either a sniper or a shotgun user shortly after. I went with (sniper/shotgun), smg, heavy weapon+melee, energy.

That was a feature ... error ... a bug. Charisma and Luck are now character based. Already tested this.

mutonizer

Arcane
Patron
I suspect you're more likely to find Thomas Beekers and Eric Schwarz influence in Wasteland 2 than Chris Avellone. Although I suppose he may have had an input on the game's overall plot.

Probably will be some kind of "surprise!" or something but so far you could simply copy paste verbatim Wasteland 1 synopsis, rest being side quests :)

edit: ok, not verbatim, you'd need to edit time and places, my bad.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom