Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 2 Pre-Release Discussion Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

aris

Arcane
The codex is not the last bastion for anything, and your doomsday prophesies are silly. If anything, there are more old-school rpg fans today, than there ever were.

aris

Arcane
No. Because I enjoy staying here, and it gives me lulz (clarificaiton: I'm not here FOR the lulz, which is apparently against the forum rules).

Obvious troll is obvious Maxson, you need to focus your efforts on the real mutants.

Well I guess I just find him/she/it extremely irritating, don't know why though. I will refocus my mighty paladins elsewhere where it is more prudent and needed. :obviously:

gaudaost: keep on trucking... :salute: Although I nicely called bullshit on your argument that Fargo is a coward, which is a shameful thing to say, not because this is codex, but because it simply isn't true, as I already explained.

:excellent:

MAN IS A FUCKING HERO! :love:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Holy shit, one of the guys editing the Wasteland 2 article is a fuzi0n alt!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Changing_username/SUL/Rejected/3

Fuzi0nx → Fuzi0n
Fuzi0nx (talk) 06:12, 1 February 2010 (UTC)
Hello, I am de:User:Fuzi0n, de.wp is my home Wiki. I would like to take over this account: en:User:Fuzi0n in order to create a global account.
16px-Symbol_comment_vote.svg.png
Clerk note: Moved from WP:CHU/U. 10:56, 1 February 2010 (UTC)
  • 16px-Symbol_comment_vote.svg.png
    Clerk note: Now that you have two requests up, I am assuming it is this one you want due to the fact that the account name Kapitaenk does not exist, and your 88 edits on dewiki under this name. 11:00, 1 February 2010 (UTC)
Duplicate request removed. 02:43, 2 February 2010 (UTC)
18px-X_mark.svg.png
Not done, as you have apparently been renamed to Kapitaenk on dewiki. WJBscribe (talk) 18:33, 5 February 2010 (UTC)

Holy shit, the guy editing the Wasteland 2 article is a fuzi0n alt!!

http://feedbus.com/wikis/wikipedia.php?title=Wikipedia:Changing_username/SUL/Rejected/3

Fuzi0nx → Fuzi0n
Fuzi0nx (talk) 06:12, 1 February 2010 (UTC)
Hello, I am de:User:Fuzi0n, de.wp is my home Wiki. I would like to take over this account: en:User:Fuzi0n in order to create a global account.
16px-Symbol_comment_vote.svg.png
Clerk note: Moved from WP:CHU/U. 10:56, 1 February 2010 (UTC)
  • 16px-Symbol_comment_vote.svg.png
    Clerk note: Now that you have two requests up, I am assuming it is this one you want due to the fact that the account name Kapitaenk does not exist, and your 88 edits on dewiki under this name. 11:00, 1 February 2010 (UTC)
Duplicate request removed. 02:43, 2 February 2010 (UTC)
18px-X_mark.svg.png
Not done, as you have apparently been renamed to Kapitaenk on dewiki. WJBscribe (talk) 18:33, 5 February 2010 (UTC)

Now, that is some EXTREME butthurt. :yeah:

I wonder, why didn't the vision document quell his hatred as it's obvious characters will have personality, and especially NPCs (not to mention he can play with 1 ranger and all other characters NPCs which will essentially be like Fallout companions, maybe even better and improved). If that was why he was raging in the first place... :?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
He does seem to have toned down his rhetoric, but he's still slightly butthurt. I don't know how to get rid of his edits without initiating another "edit war", though...

I've exposed him on the Talk page so at least other editors will know to beware.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
What did I tell you. This guy isn't just going away, oh no.

LoPan

Learned
Has Fargo been crowd-bullied into detracting any other ideas, or is there just that one instance?

Seems absurd to cast doubt on his virtue for dropping something as dodgy as a social media feature. It might've been easy to do and if people wanted it he might've given it to them, but no one did so why bother. It's not like he is putting Wasteland 2 in a Bioware engine because of public demand, or something similarly absurd. Crowd-bullying, if you will, probably has to be close to unanimous, or at least seem close to unanimous, to have any effect, I don't think such a phenomenon of wide protest could occur over anything less frivolous.

aris

Arcane
Isn't casting doubt over games that are yet to be released the reason why we are here? People aren't shy to do it with other games, why should wasteland 2 be any exception?

LoPan

Learned
Not when your doubt is unfounded.

edit: It is not a matter of the nature or purpose of the codex (which is to discuss old RPG's, if anything), but the basic tenets of conversation. Having a discussion about a straw man is a waste of time and leads to frustrations in the participants.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Brother None
It might help our cause if you could provide transcripts of fuzi0n's deleted posts on the forums. In particular, the posts where he flips out and threatens to pirate the game.

Captain Shrek

edit: It is not a matter of the nature or purpose of the codex (which is to discuss WELL DESIGNED RPG's, if anything), but the basic tenets of conversation. Having a discussion about a straw man is a waste of time and leads to frustrations in the participants.

'dexed.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Brother None
It might help our cause if you could provide transcripts of fuzi0n's deleted posts on the forums. In particular, the posts where he flips out and threatens to pirate the game.

The game isn't out yet and already so much drama and butthurt. Can't wait! :troll:

Infinitron: not only it would help, but it would be great for the lulz to post it here. :smug:

I actually did post it here: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...um-codex-vigilance.70308/page-53#post-2126091

aris

Arcane

edit: It is not a matter of the nature or purpose of the codex (which is to discuss old RPG's, if anything), but the basic tenets of conversation. Having a discussion about a straw man is a waste of time and leads to frustrations in the participants.
I don't agree that my doubts are unfounded, but that's ok. Otherwise, I appreciate your wish for serious discussion without use of fallacies, but it seems slightly out of place on this forum.

Brother None

The game isn't out yet and already so much drama and butthurt. Can't wait! :troll:

Infinitron: not only it would help, but it would be great for the lulz to post it here. :smug:

I actually did post it here: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...um-codex-vigilance.70308/page-53#post-2126091

Meh, I thought it was something more hilarious... :( He is just plain retarded and boring. And not to mention a disgrace to Fallout (1,2 of course) fans, if he considers party members not being mute a huge flaw in the game. FFS Fallout 1 npcs are almost mute, so what? And Fargo never promised anything like he says about party members. NPC won't be mute that can join you. But I guess you can't argue with retards.

He is more of a bioware fan, seems to me... :smug:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
My sentiments exactly. A proud dane doing his best to stay on the edge of "trolling or serious?"

aris

Arcane
Not dane, thought otherwise you are almost right :thumbsup:
It's kind of surprising to me too.

aris

Arcane
swedish and norwegian for example.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom