Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 2 Pre-Release Discussion Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

dunno lah

Arcane
My PC is somewhat spoiled at the moment, so no sound.:(
I actually have watched a Daikatana review before by JonTron(his first foray into YT i think). It looked bad there but he was playing the n64 version and he is also as undomesticated a snowman as one can get...
Edit: He played and enjoyed King's Quest and Commander Keen so maybe he's not that bad.

KithKanan

Novice
Also man, you guys are weaving quite a tale of theoretic delays and releases.

I don't really understand where all this talk of Wasteland 2 delays is coming from either.
Clearly, the truly horribly delayed project will be Torment since full production won't start until after the April 2015 release of WL2. :smug:

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
It's cool to walk around inXile office and see Wasteland 2 running on every screen, or level editors.

Is there any worry among the team that this will create a sort of "oh well, of course it'll get delayed" mentality? I'm definetely glad that nothing will be rushed, but on the other hand a certain amount of pressure seems to be good for any creative process. And if long Kickstarter delays become the norm, well that's bad for everyone. In terms of economics and consumer trust some measure of adherence to the deadlines must be preserved, surely?
I think the bigger pressure is just "get it right". Make it live up to expectations. We're still working with our own deadlines and milestones anyway, so there's still time pressure even if there isn't a lot external.

In fact, that's another question... Hypothetically, if you run over time and budget, what's plan B? With a publisher you can possibly get a needed resource injection, but I suppose you have a real threat of literally running out of money if you are faced with unforseen issues that delay the game?

I don't really deal with the business end on that level, but we've already had a few windfalls that are giving us elbow room in the budget. I know a lot of KS projects ran into problems which understandably makes people wary but with us it's all good so far. Knock on wood.

KithKanan

Novice
It's cool to walk around inXile office and see Wasteland 2 running on every screen, or level editors.
That does sound cool. Speaking of which, what happened to the four part video dev blog?

I don't really deal with the business end on that level, but we've already had a few windfalls that are giving us elbow room in the budget. I know a lot of KS projects ran into problems which understandably makes people wary but with us it's all good so far. Knock on wood.
It would be interesting to know how many people have upgraded their pledge through the backer store. I know I've doubled my original pledge, and there are people far crazier than I am out there.

EDIT: Then again, I may not have helped the budget all that much since I went from the $75 "$25 more money for inXile than the $50 box tier, only additional digital delivery cost" to the possibly somewhat broken $150 "Two boxes! And a poster! Yay! I like stuff!"

bonescraper

Wasteland 2: The Road So Far

A succinct summary of everything we know about Wasteland 2 up to now.
Wait, that's an actual W2 screenshot?

wl2newsdamota.jpg

:bounce:

I want it in decent resolution, pls!

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
btw, is Daikatana as bad as everyone says it is? Coz I'm thinking of getting it from the gog sale. Is it a broken but somewhat fun game or just "bad" broken?

A lot of the worst stuff was patched out like no saves and such, but it still has stupid AI companions who give you a game over when they die. Pretty frustrating.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Heh, his ag center doc was one of the first things I read for WL2. It's great.

That's not a new screenshot. Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be a larger version available. Brother None

Yeah we didn't put a larger resolution one out there consciously (to just be frank: the texture work is not actually where it should be at when we took that shot). We're hoping to cover that area more in a coming update though.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
"XP will go the party (otherwise it cheats the player)"

Wouldn't happen if you didn't get xp per kill. :roll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom