Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 2 Pre-Release Discussion Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
detailed romance and housekeeping rules, for real immershum value

I have taken the liberty of screenshotting you some rules and mechanics from my book of erotic fantasy printed d20 dlc

http://i.imgur.com/2d0L4.png
http://i.imgur.com/j8Kt6.png

look at all those numbers eh

like jagged alliance with orifices
The Book of Erotic Fantasy is possibly the most unintentionally hilarious thing ever published for D&D. Some of the prestige classes... "Voyeuristic Seer" :lol:

hiver

Ok that faggot thread is finally falling down and i just flamed the shit out of that turd in Bioware thread. dont anyone ruin it!

Kz3r0

Arcane
for lazy people he specifically says he liked it more than BG2 and basically the purity of experience it conveyed, also mentioning fallout 2 and torment, all the ones from that period

Unless BF comes out to muddy this statement for some grotesque reason that should be a clear message to the newshit roleplayers that this man is not going to speak their language with Wasteland 2.
Bro, you are assuming that they know those games and watch Matt Chat.:hmmm:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
for lazy people he specifically says he liked it more than BG2 and basically the purity of experience it conveyed, also mentioning fallout 2 and torment, all the ones from that period

Unless BF comes out to muddy this statement for some grotesque reason that should be a clear message to the newshit roleplayers that this man is not going to speak their language with Wasteland 2.
Bro, you are assuming that they know those games and watch Matt Chat.:hmmm:

I helpfully provided them with a link already.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
I helpfully provided them with a link already.

yes youtube is a very cinematic information delivery system towards this purpose and I'm sure they'll be happy to know that they can purchase these classics at gog.com at a fraction of AAA dlc pricing and experience the magic right now while they wait for Wasteland 2 to arrive

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I suspect that "Burt Gummer" may be an alt/sock puppet of that FalloutGod guy. It seems like something he would do.

Oesophagus

Arcane

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's getting to the point where I can't go to that forum anymore. Every time I read ffordesson, falloutgod13, and now other Biowhores coming in it is dampening my enthusiasm I've been enjoying these last few days. :( Now I just want Brian to ignore it and make the game he seems to want to make based on the interviews conducted right before the Kickstarter pledge began.

Stabwound

Arcane
Ever think that ignoring the shit requests for tranny fucking and marriage might just disappear down the crapper if people stopped replying to them? I read a few pages and 90% of it is people talking about how bad of an idea it is. Stop responding and let it fall into the abyss of the forum like it belongs.

Since Skyway seems to be unsatisfied with the codex statue, I've come up with a few ideas for items / encounters to be included in the game in its place

Hormone pills that change your character from male to female and vice-versa

A magic lamp that summons a genie. Differently from what you'd expect, he only fulfills two wishes, so each half of the party gets one. As soon as the party decides on the two wishes, he changes his mind and says he'll only grant the better one, and only if they explain why their wish is the better one. As the party argues, he disappears. The encounter is repeatable

Flip-flops that let you choose contradictory options during a dialogue without pissing off the NPC

A bloody machete that somehow deals out more damage in the hands of african-american rangers

Tickets for a free ride at the local amusement park's roller coaster; however the park has been abandoned for decades, so they are useless

A man who vehemently denies the nuclear holocaust ever happened

A huge hammer that kills in three hits, with unique sound effects for the first two (*ding* *dong*)

A young girl that will engage in conversation with the party, enthusiastically waving her hands in one ranger's face. If he grabs the left hand, she is pleased and does away without a word. If he grabs the right hand, she screams and a few bandits show up from nowhere to attack the party. One of them is specially sadistic and will try to cripple the characters he attacks, his battle quips are all about human feces. He also wears bright white power armor; very high DR, but doesn't boost the user's charisma during conversations with female NPCs, despite what the description says

Power armor with special medical module promising regeneration of broken bone and tissue during combat; however, it is malfunctioning and will instead regularly deliver electrical shocks to the user's testicles / clitoris, deducting HP of course. The rusty joints are now jammed and the armor can't be removed

A flask of molerat's musk from the Far East that enables same-sex relationships for the user; however, after the first night sleeping with his partner, the user will wake up with a turd on his chest, his lover nowhere to be seen. The rest of the party laughs silently

An old woman asking you what can change the nature of man; failure to answer correctly will result in her walking away blathering something about decline of civilization. There are no correct answers

A merchant that sells scimitars and axes. When questioned about his odd choice in wares, he claims they are handled similarly

A sad old man that says he always had a bad memory and therefore never remembers anything. For some reason, his model is much more detailed than any other NPC in the game

Another lamp. This one summons a genie that will legally change the user's name on the spot if he wishes so. However, character will now be called "CHANGEMYNAMETO[PC%NAME]"

A gypsy that offers you a magic ring that supposedly makes you stronger and faster. The ring however is too small and thus impossible to equip

A pack of rats that can be engaged in conversation; however the leader seems to be a nihilist and doesn't believe in peaceful negotiations

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Yes a retarded Codex statue is much more important than improvements to gameplay.

Seriously? A fucking statue? Out of all things you could've wished for you selected a fucking pop-culture-reference-like piece of shit to boost your inflated ego?

What the fuck Codex? You are fucking retarded.

"Getting married and playing house in W2 is an improvement."
Over the Codex statue.

The codex is making a donation campaign, and it's getting a statue / shrine, and most likely a couple inside jokes in dialogue

Seriously? Is this a joke? Tell me it's a joke!
I thought people were donating to get some incline in RPGs, not this?

Fags here waste whole threads pretending to be so leet and hardcore and then they run a donation campaign to get this? WHY?!

Why not a donation campaign to get a JA2-like combat? Why not a donation campaign to get Fallout-like char system? Why not a donation campaign to get Arcanum-like crafting system? Why this?

You know, I actually agree wholeheartly. Who the fuck cares if there will be a statue that resembles a codex troll or not? Who the fuck cares if there is some bar called "No Mutants Allowed" (the "campaign" already started at NMA) ? This will give you a small chuckle at best, and that's it. The thing that would last though is putting money into some rocksolid game mechanism, like JA2 had. Sure, JA2 is almost perfect because of the sum of it all, but first and foremost the combat is what makes people still playing and modding the game after so many years.

I tried to keep pretty silent about this and even re-took my pledge, do people really think such 4th wall breaking stuff makes W2 a better game?

Stabwound

Arcane
I look forward to seeing the Codex stuff in-game. It will be a nice in-joke for those of us from the forums. Fuck anyone who is against this. It's a fun little joke. It's part of a kcikstarter reward. It's totally meaningless except as a thankyou for donating money toward not only the funding of the game but as a nod toward your trust in Fargo and co. to deliver a great game like he promises.

drunk posting, apologize spelling errors.

Oesophagus

Arcane
Who the fuck cares if there will be a statue that resembles a codex troll or not?

The way I saw it, this whole thing started first and foremost as an initiative to help fund wasteland. The statue is only a bonus, and really I don't think anyone cares THAT much

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
The "tiers" that would have made much more sense:

"We barely managed to scrap together the ressources to make W2, thanks for funding but we will have to open our own wallets too" - rudimentary Goldbox/Bards Tale combat with improved 2d portraits, focussing on making the original combat system even better with little to no graphic asset requiring (basically everything which costs a lot of money) inbetween

"We reached our kickstarter goal barely - thank you guys for pledging, but struggle a bit with implementing all that we promised." Rudimentary Isometric, or even topdown sprite based gameplay with static sprites and no animations to focus on the actual important things - the combat system.

"The desired amount of pledges was received, but (secretly) we thought the hype would generate more money, so we have to make some cuts here and there" - Rudimentary Iso-turn based, with minimalistic tiles etc (its fucking easy, dont tell me it is not, I worked on such shit for myself and know quite the workflow to make new assets in such an engine). Improve the combat as good as we can.

etc.

It all boils down that the actual combat and party creation will be good. FFS, I played the original Wasteland just for 4-5 hours and already got what that one was about. oO Not about Fallout 4, but W2... Seeing all those retards on the Wasteland forum only proves my point.

I will remain cautiosly optimistic, untill Fargo actually releases Screenshots or even Videos of how the game looks. Before, I wont give my money.

You know, I actually agree wholeheartly. Who the fuck cares if there will be a statue that resembles a codex troll or not? Who the fuck cares if there is some bar called "No Mutants Allowed" (the "campaign" already started at NMA) ? This will give you a small chuckle at best, and that's it. The thing that would last though is putting money into some rocksolid game mechanism, like JA2 had. Sure, JA2 is almost perfect because of the sum of it all, but first and foremost the combat is what makes people still playing and modding the game after so many years.

I tried to keep pretty silent about this and even re-took my pledge, do people really think such 4th wall breaking stuff makes W2 a better game?

Money is money, and codexers would donate anyway. Fargo is just offering a minor easter egg in return for X amount as a fun incentive, like Avellone is offering a few doodles for Y amount.

What, do you think he will use the $5000 to model that statue? :lol: The money is obviously going into combat, writing, etc. What are you upset about?

edit: actually it's almost $8000 now. That statue is gonna have a lot of pixels.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz

Money is money, and codexers would donate anyway. Fargo is just offering a minor easter egg in return for X amount as a fun incentive, like Avellone is offering a few doodles for Y amount.

What, do you think he will use the $5000 to model that statue? :lol: The money is obviously going into combat, writing, etc. What are you upset about?

edit: actually it's almost $8000 now. That statue is gonna have a lot of pixels.

How can you be so sure? Have you some knowledge (the combat system it uses etc) of how the game will be we don't have yet?

How can you be so sure? Have you some knowledge (the combat system it uses etc) of how the game will be we don't have yet?

1. no, obviously

2. what does that have to do with what I said? Be so sure of what? That the donation money isn't going towards modeling the statue, but towards other stuff?

I didn't say anything about how the combat will be such and such, only that raging about the statue is pointless because donation money is donation money, the fact that you donate it saying "THIS IS FOR THE STATUEEEEE" or "THIS IS FOR JA2 COMBAAAAT" doesn't change it.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
I briefly peeked over there...

Wasteland is not about marriages, relationships, house building, or any of that stuff. Hey, I like all of those things SOMETIMES in some games. It doesn't need to be in every single game. I donated my money because I want to get what Wasteland was and I can't get anymore... turn-based, squad-based, top-down, world exploring, post-apocalyptic gaming goodness.

Spend that time making stuff equally as good as Fenster's Mind Maze, the Citadel, and all the rest before you start worrying about putting in all of the myriad romantic options it would take to please 21rst century gamers.

On a side note, honestly, I sometimes thing people that demand that stuff IN EVERY SINGLE GAME are missing something from their lives. Either that or they are looking for some sort of validation that yes, if this world was only a post-apocalypic wasteland that they could have a house and a LUH-VAH. Yes, if I was the dragonborn I *KNOW* I could have a female Nord following me around and carrying all of my stuff. If I was the savior of the galaxy, I too could get hot alien sexxin.

If you feel that way, just go out and get involved in life. You can find someone out there to help you fulfill your life. Don't tarnish MY video game with it - at least not until the GOOD stuff is in it.

hiver

Surf, you cannot invest in a specific mechanic or feature. Something of the codex will remind all people who will get the game that they were a part of this. Its a memento for the future. So kindly fuck off.

Can someone take my place debating with these assholes, I'm going out.
meh, best to catch some sleep and tomorrow see it sunk somewhere. Im going to catch an eye too.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
raging about the statue is pointless because donation money is donation money, the fact that you donate it saying "THIS IS FOR THE STATUEEEEE" or "THIS IS FOR JA2 COMBAAAAT" doesn't change it.
Exactly, what's the point? Fargo is not auctioning if the combat system will be like JA2 or Skyrim, he already said it woud be a turn-based, squad-based game, and is still planning the details. The Codex statue is just a fun easter egg that allowed us to rally the posters and raise almost $8,000 extra money to help W2 be the best game possible.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
raging about the statue is pointless because donation money is donation money, the fact that you donate it saying "THIS IS FOR THE STATUEEEEE" or "THIS IS FOR JA2 COMBAAAAT" doesn't change it.
Exactly, what's the point? Fargo is not auctioning if the combat system will be like JA2 or Skyrim, he already said it woud be a turn-based, squad-based game, and is still planning the details. The Codex statue is just a fun easter egg that allowed us to rally the posters and raise almost $8,000 extra money to help W2 be the best game possible.

I know that donations can't be aimed towards a special goal, or that a special pledge wont't change the overall game, but there still need to be some ressources to model a certain codex statue, to model some bar with NMA, to even implement some "witty" NPC that resembles people who pledged.

I find it to be shitty, because even how small it sounds, it is superficial and detracts the dev team from implementing and actually improving systems that matter. Don't get me wrong, I am excited on the game too (even though I am a bit burned out on post-apo settings right now), but wouldn't be a GOOD combat system more important than some statue? It all takes time and costs, which is limlited to the guys doing this game.

Thus, I find shit like codex trolls or No Mutants Allowed Bar signs to be superflous, it does not add a single interesting thing to the gameplay other than fan service shit.

Is it not enough to you tards to know that you financed the game by your money, but have to waste development time to implement superfluous stuff?

Not even mentioning how deep into the uncanny valley we will delve into when we will constantly see references or in-forum jokes to special groups, like the codex, NMA etc? Am I seriosly the only one who is bothered by crap like this?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom