Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 2 Pre-Release Discussion Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Don't get me wrong. I lol'd hard at some of the codexian responses in the biodrone threads. But bandwagoning andhaira's threads or creating off-topic bs-threads in their game feedback forum? That's not just not funny, but also counter-productive to the game. Just cuz there's a lot of codexers there doesn't make it a codex playground.
I have to disagree. The amount of stupid biodrones tearing it up on the WL2 forum can't be left unchecked. Every time I go there, it's facepalm after facepalm. If Codexers don't go there and dominate the conversation, no matter how cool and collected Brian is planning to play the whole "consult the fans" thing., he would, ultimately, have to at least compromise to an overwhelming majority of biodrones. I'm not saying that we should go there and troll like a bunch of Andhairas, but we need to take a firmer stance on this. There is already talk and calls for moderation, deleting post, deleting threads. There are even some shitheads volunteering to become moderators (so that they could show those nasty trolls):

http://wasteland.inxile-entertainment.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=472

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Wow, this falloutgod guy is out-trolling the Codex. Unless he's serious, in which case I almost feel bad for the mental deficient.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Wow, this falloutgod guy is out-trolling the Codex. Unless he's serious, in which case I almost feel bad for the mental deficient.

No he winning the troll war right now.

Also the Game Mechanics sub-forum is by far the most rational right now. Still some stupid ideas but at least they are coherent (mostly).

Grimlorn

Arcane
I don't understand why biodrones would be so interested in this game. It's turn based combat, not awesome button real time combat.

This must be the power of marketing. People being hyped into getting excited for a franchise they've probably never played or heard of before. Just think turn based combat with real C&C could still be popular if marketers were telling the drones it was great.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
God fucking damn it, this fucker gets worse the more I read his posts

falloutgod13 wrote: If I wanted to target-rape an npc I'd buy one of those crazy Japanese games. :lol:

Madball357 wrote: I guess Fallout 2 is a 'crazy Japanese game' now?

falloutgod13 wrote: o_O I'm not sure if that was sarcasm or a failed attempt at some kind of insult. Because I played Fallout 2 many times over and raping an npc wasn't ever presented as an option in the game.:lol:

GSoda wrote: There was one point in the game where you could blackmail a female NPC into having sex with you. I guess that's more or less rape. Yupp.

falloutgod13 wrote: That's an agreed upon and consensual form of intercourse. At worst it's extortion, rape happens through the use of force.
:what:

"No, your honour, you see I was holding a gun to her head and she agreed so really we're just talking mild extortion here"

Bill's idea disappeared after a refresh. I guess it was so retarded it became the equivalent to a logic bomb, so the software fritzed out and deleted it.

edit: nvm, it's there

You know what would be awesome? If dozens of gays were in the game, but they're all already in relationships with someone else. Bonus points if they tell you they'd love to travel with you, but they met this nice guy just a few days ago...

I don't understand why biodrones would be so interested in this game. It's turn based combat, not awesome button real time combat.

This must be the power of marketing. People being hyped into getting excited for a franchise they've probably never played or heard of before. Just think turn based combat with real C&C could still be popular if marketers were telling the drones it was great.

Rather, someone else in the WL forum already mentioned the probable cause: most articles talking about Wasteland also mention Fallout in some way. "Fallout" now means "Fallout 3". Random guy sees such an article, tells other people on beth / bio forums about this new Fallout-y game, and the floodgates blow up.

Or, more sinisterly, this could be the workings of the 'scorned' publishers that wish to dismantle this little 'experiment' from the inside.

Truly devious.

Oesophagus

Arcane
Bill's idea disappeared after a refresh. I guess it was so retarded it became the equivalent to a logic bomb, so the software fritzed out and deleted it.

edit: nvm, it's there

You know what would be awesome? If dozens of gays were in the game, but they're all already in relationships with someone else. Bonus points if they tell you they'd love to travel with you, but they met this nice guy just a few days ago...

Ha! :)

"you're just not my type..."

So the biotards can be foreveralone both IRL and ingame

jewboy

Arbiter
Even if they came to the forums expecting Fallout 3 are they really so stupid that the don't realize what turn based combat is like? And walls of text! Are they insane? It is strange.

Stabwound

Arcane
I'm done getting into a butthurt rage about these idiots. I am positive Fargo knows what he's doing and that these ridiculous requests like adding Mass Effect style dialogues and gay romances are going to be completely disregarded.

I think that ultimately they're going to maybe use data from the official polls they put up, but that's about it. The rest of it is just a furious circle jerk so that people feel like they're actually involved and have a say in the final product.

Oesophagus

Arcane
I'm done getting into a butthurt rage about these idiots. I am positive Fargo knows what he's doing and that these ridiculous requests like adding Mass Effect style dialogues and gay romances are going to be completely disregarded.

I think that ultimately they're going to maybe use data from the official polls they put up, but that's about it. The rest of it is just a furious circle jerk so that people feel like they're actually involved and have a say in the final product.

Well it's not good to just say fuck it, Fargo'll sort it out, because if all he gets is pleads for emotional engagements he may think there's something to it. Or rather, that's what the people who donated want. I'm hoping it won't happen, but I rather be sure

hiver

Im glad most of you guys at least realize that simply shitting in flames over everything you dont like there isnt going to cut it. Those that need to hear good arguments will start to ignore you too.

And really, cant we just let that one gay thread die away for fuck sake? We already said everything ten times over.
And that stupid guy just loves the chance to post again as if repeating it will work.
Youre just pushing that thread up all the time.

btw, some blatant and clearly mistakenly overblown counter reactions to some perfectly normal suggestions in other threads work badly too.
Luckily there is several good posters around too. (whether im one is not part of that assessment at all)

Raapys

Arcane
Yeah, that's exactly the problem. He'll listen to the fans, he pretty much has to given the funding method, and if those voices cry so loud for all this garbage, then that's what we'll get.

Kraszu

Prophet
Yeah, that's exactly the problem. He'll listen to the fans, he pretty much has to given the funding method, and if those voices cry so loud for all this garbage, then that's what we'll get.

Any particular garbage isn't wanted by most that had funded the game, problem solved.

Sulimo

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
Sorry Raap, but that's bullshit. Giving money isn't opting in on the development process, it's a vote of confidence saying you trust the dev to deliver quality.

People shouldn't start wearing their business suits just because they covered 0,50% of the development process. It's not an investment, it's a donation. Now if someone donated 25% of the total costs, they should have a say. 1000 people with generally the same idea but different interpretations on how to implement it, they should be disregarded because you can't please them all. Hell, when it comes to that the Codex actually has a proper model, utilizing 'the hivemind' to donate a significant sum so we are, so to say, acting as one voice, instead of 1000. And even the Codex is just a small percentage of the total donations. I'd assume Fargo knows this and will not listen to the vocal minority that demands homoerotic fiction.

Raapys

Arcane
Well, yes and no. We're not investors, but he did promise that he would listen to what the fans have to say on many issues and that nothing was set in stone. People donated with that in mind. If he ignored the people crying the loudest, then he would effectively be breaking his word, if nothing else. And I, for one, do think he'll listen. Probably in terms of a compromise, but that's bad enough I'd say.

Kraszu

Prophet
Well, yes and no. We're not investors, but he did promise that he would listen to what the fans have to say on many issues and that nothing was set in stone. People donated with that in mind. If he ignored the people crying the loudest, then he would effectively be breaking his word, if nothing else. And I, for one, do think he'll listen. Probably in terms of a compromise, but that's bad enough I'd say.

You are wrong because many people who had pledged don't want him to implement those fans suggestions, why would they opinion be more important then opinions of others who had pledged? This could only be the case if there would be a really significant % among people who had pledged for some particular derp but that is doubtful.

Lets take Romances you have 16% who wants them, and 84% who don't, how he would listen to people on forums if he would implement them? He would do the opposite by implementing them. (I know that the wasteland forum isn't representative but that is just an example)

Oesophagus

Arcane
Kraszu said:
You are wrong because many people who had pledged don't want him to implement those fans suggestions, why would they opinion be more important then opinions of others who had pledged? This could only be the case if there would be a really big majority movement among people who had pledged for some derp but that is doubtful.

You're probably right, but still I'd rather err on the side of caution

hiver

dammit... why does it always have to be me who must mention AoD around here?

Are you guys not aware how IT handled this issue? I can understand some of you are worried or frightened that suddenly Fargo will do a crazy turn and start fulfilling every deranged request out there but that doenst mean thats the actual truth.
Youre fucking getting boring with that shit.

it is very possible to have interaction with "fans" and still lead the game where you want it too for christ sake...

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
A simple official announcement saying that all romances are off will get rid of most of the stupidity in a short timeframe.

If the nouveau inclusive LGBT-content requirement crowd complains after that we can simply say straight people aren't complaining about that now so why should you be treated different and be entitled to crossdressing options and the cosmetic conversation option to lightly run your character's hands through your husband's soft downy backhair and nom his head

if not stringing these people out could work for the project funding sure but if some kind of bandwagon effect happens and they rally from pretty much all the stupid fucking game forum communities that I need not mention against the hateful nonprogressiveness of 'gamers who are ironically stuck in the past as well' oh boy well not so good times I tell you

then again I'm a pessimist and these are the early days where you get the most people thinking they can influence a game's direction so in the words of some fat man let vigilance be your watchword

Pegultagol

Erudite
The Codex should function as the defacto unofficial W2 forum as it is a community that contributed the most than anyone else as a group. If anything it is an unified voice crying in the wilderness amidst all the buffoonery and decline and it is borne out of the passion that is evident not only in materialistic support but hope that it will live up to certain standards well versed out of continual 'Discussion'. In the course of the year when the buzz fades and hard work begins, I'm willing to bet it will be one of only few places where the game will be tracked, scrutinized, and still be very relevant on the hivemind. In short, I wouldn't worry much if we keep the torch burning and pitchfork sharp.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom