Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Wasteland 2 Camera Angle Footage

tindrli

Arcane
no
and here i thought the Codex was totally into old games like Wasteland and had been waiting for this kind of game since 1994, now that Wasteland 2 is in the works and a first test gameview video has been posted all i hear is "GRAPHICS SUCKS" and "SHIT GAME NEEDS MORE TEXTURES".

its like you guys dont really want this at all so you can continue to rage against graphic games like Skyrim or Dragon Age 2.

no mr. luzur.. since damn english is not my native i must expressed my self wrong..

EG

Nullified
and here i thought the Codex was totally into old games like Wasteland and had been waiting for this kind of game since 1994, now that Wasteland 2 is in the works and a first test gameview video has been posted all i hear is "GRAPHICS SUCKS" and "SHIT GAME NEEDS MORE TEXTURES".

its like you guys dont really want this at all so you can continue to rage against graphic games like Skyrim or Dragon Age 2.

Until they show us something more than their pretty graphics, graphics are all we have to complain about.

The vision doc' was fine. ;)

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter
How?

How is this "consolized ps cartoony shit?"

Where's the overly cartoony part? Where's the playstation part? Do you guys even remember how ps games looked?

At most this looks like the artstyle's similiar to the one in Troika's post-apoc. prototype

Do we suddenly consider that cartoony shit too now?

tindrli

Arcane
How?

How is this "consolized ps cartoony shit?"

Where's the overly cartoony part? Where's the playstation part? Do you guys even remember how ps games looked?

At most this looks like the artstyle's similiar to the one in Troika's post-apoc. prototype

Do we suddenly consider that cartoony shit too now?

no..

but this one

.. sad.. anyway i will not speak of it anymore

EG

Nullified
The Troika one is pretty sweet, at least when the scene is bright enough to see the detail on the character model. When it's too dark, I suppose we could suggest it's "cartoony." (That is some nice lighting)

kaizoku

Arcane

fuck you for reminding me of nice things we will never have

UDrzi.jpg

EG

Nullified
The people, angry with the way you've mismanaged their lives . . . :mad:

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
A good game with orthographic projection said:
"Hey, I have some pretty nice overview, you instantly know where you can put units on me or where walls are, I hope you feel fine with me." :) This is the main thing some Wasteland guy wants to make a game with, you know, with tactical combat and shit right?

untitled1ilofw.png

FRYING BRAINFART said:
LOL WE MAEK THIS GAEM AWESOME JUST LOOK AT HOW MANY NEWS ITEMS WE PRODUCE]LOL BROS WE MAEK THE ULTIMAET GAEM FOR U GUYS JUST TRUST US JUST LOOK AT THAT SCREENSHOT IT WILL BE TACTICULAR N SHIT I MEAN JUST LOOK AT HOW THE GAEM IS SO PRETTY THIS IS CLEARLY SUPERIOR TO ALL OTHER TACTICS GAMES I MEAN JUST LOOK AT THOSE OLD AND OUTDATED ANIMATIONS LOL ITS CLEAR WE ARE MAKING A SUPERIOR PROJECT WHILE WE HIRE 294829482948294712985791238 WRITERS

CULnS.jpg

Just look at these char animations! Obviously they are much more important than actual gameplay.

potatojohn

Arcane
Looks atrocious. How could they fuck this up? Just take the JA2 1.13 source code and edit it a bit and make a new map, characters, quests, etc

Instead they produced this literal turd-looking game.

Baron

Arcane
I really love the colours and look of the Wasteland 2 shot.
I love the orange, grey, green palette.
I love the baked earth and the cacti.
I love the ominious ambient music.
I love the guy wearing the gas mask. He will be first chosen, my right hand man.

:takemymoney:

tindrli

Arcane
A good game with orthographic projection said:
"Hey, I have some pretty nice overview, you instantly know where you can put units on me or where walls are, I hope you feel fine with me." :) This is the main thing some Wasteland guy wants to make a game with, you know, with tactical combat and shit right?

untitled1ilofw.png

FUCKIN BEAUTIFULL!!!!!!!!

Kahlis

Cipher
Is WL2 even tile-based? Or will movement be some sort of strange approximation of units traversed like ToEE? Either way, I see no reason that it shouldn't be orthographic because gameplay is basically collapsed onto a 2D plane. It's a lot harder to think of different areas as equally distant from one another when you have such a nauseating field of view and perspective distortion.

mote

Novice
I hope the game doesn't have a quick-save option, but instead saves in the background every-time you leave a town or whatnot, without telling the player.

EG

Nullified
Ladies and gentlemen, Boston Dynamics presents the Land Cow. Now with muffler!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom