Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Warp Rogue overloads to 0.61

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Warp Rogue

<s>Tower of Doom</s><a href="http://todoom.sourceforge.net/index.html">Warp Rogue</a> has now hit <a href="http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/todoom/wrogue-0.6.1-setup.exe?download">version 0.61</a> of the <i>gothic sci-fi</i> rogue-like developed by some goofball from one of those ex-Communist countries somewhere in the world. Unlike the older rogue-like he was working on, this one has a <A href="http://todoom.sourceforge.net/screens.html">hint of graphics</a> on the interface to make it purdy. But hey, shotguns kick ass, right? Anyway, the changes:
<br>
<ul><li>Traders and engineers no longer move around.
<br>
<li>The "Alertness" ability lacked a description. Fixed. (Henrik Gustafsson)
<br>
<li>New ability: "Improved evocation".
<br>
<li>New ability: "Psychic resistance".
<br>
<li>Psychic overloads were implemented.
<br>
<li>Portability improvements.
<br>
<li>The "Nomat" stimm now has negative side effects.
<br>
<li>A few in-game messages were improved.
<br>
<li>Taking a stimm now consumes an action.
<br>
<li>Characters can no longer take the same stimm multiple times.
<br>
<li>The game now looks the same on all supported platforms.
<br>
<li>Performance improvements.
<br>
<li>The game no longer depends on SDL_ttf. </ul>
<br>
Anyone really need a joke about <b>copx</b> forgetting the description of "Alertness"? That one writes itself.
<br>

Goliath

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Whoa, my game is featured on the Codex again - must be a damn slow news day!

Gwendo

Augur
I really think RPGCodex could cover roguelike games news. What do you think?

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Gwendo said:
I really think RPGCodex could cover roguelike games news. What do you think?

I do it occationally. Mainly I cover Gearhead news, since I tend to like it a whole lot more than most rogue-likes. I do periodically check the rogue-like newsgroups for news and post something from there. I checked it last night and noticed there was a new update on Warp Rogue, so there you go.

Nicolai

DUMBFUCK
Played an older version of it a while back. Though it's still somewhat rudimentary, it has promise. If Copx keeps on trucking, I'm sure he'll eventually manage to turn it into quite the jewel.

Greenskin13

Erudite
SLASH'EM was my gateway rogue. I just found it hilarious that I somehow killed myself when I fell into a trapdoor and the ball attached to my leg by a chain crushed my skull on the way down.

I also played an older version of this, when it was still ToD. Not bad, I must say. It had a lot of potential and was fun while it lasted.

LlamaGod

Cipher
My first was ADOM followed closely by Nethack.

The mechanics and options intrigued me and I delved deeper into them all.

Goliath

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Frau Bishop said:
So what about the new development? All I ever learned in 0.61 is obsolete and kind of a new gamestructure is coming up with 0.7 ?

0.7.x (the major redesign) will take SOME time.
The 0.6.x branch has been abandoned. The recently released 0.6.2 is supposed to be the final release of that branch.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Saint_Proverbius said:
this one has a hint of graphics on the interface to make it purdy.
That 'b' kicks arse. Why, I've never seen a 'b' look so good.

Nicolai

DUMBFUCK
Hm, will have to give 0.6.2 a shot later today. Didn't notice the post on rec.games.roguelike.announce before now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom