Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warlords

Exmit

Scholar
DRL then it is , but i can't find it.

DakaSha

Arcane
fagé :smug:

joasoze said:
you can actually play this game multiplayer in browser. Its great fun. Its at warbarons dot com

I play as joasoze and I have no part in making or marketing the game.

seriously though :smug:

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'd kill for a worthy 4th part of the Warlords Battlecry series.
WBC3 was and still is one of my favourite RTS games. So many races, so many classes, so much stuff to do....

And much fun on LANs!

Damn... everytime someone mentions WBC, I will have to play it. Fuck you, guys! I'm already playing KotC, DoW and Penumbra. I will miss real life...

I played Warlords 2 and 4, I think, and they were okay, but when it comes to turn based strategy, they seem to be casual versions of Age of Wonders or HoMM.

Exmit

Scholar
Got DLR but cannot install it :x , i'm on XP and the .exe's dont want to work saying that i don't have appriopriate permissions, it happens like this with all older installs :x

Dakasha got a fix ? :smug:

DakaSha

Arcane
well ive said it like a billion times :M

:P

You need to install it on a non 64 bit machine. It can be windows 7, Vista, XP or anything but it needs to be 32 bit.
Then you can just drag it, installed, over to your machine

:thumbsup:

Now go play in FUMBBL blackbox

joasoze

Novice
DakaSha said:
fagé :smug:

joasoze said:
you can actually play this game multiplayer in browser. Its great fun. Its at warbarons dot com

I play as joasoze and I have no part in making or marketing the game.

seriously though :smug:
I am actually serious. Its a pure copy of warlords and its free. They used to have the warlords graphics in beta 3, but have gotten new in beta 4. Guess they dont wanna get sued. Its made by two swedes.

DakaSha

Arcane
Exmit said:
i've got 32bit XP and still no go

Then to tell you the truth im stumped. I know the problem I had was because of 64 bit windows :-/

sheek

Arbiter
SkeleTony said:
Warlords 2 was great for it's time but Warlords 3: Darklords Rising was the best of the series by far IMO. If you are into customization in the form of creating new character classes, units, spells, sides etc. then download SSG's Warlords3 tools(and/or Mythlord's DLR tools editor. They both have some bugs that the other does not so most use Mythlords to do some things then open up their creations in the War3tools editor to finish up).

You can find those as well as damned near everythuing else ever created for Warlords 2, 3, 4 over at Wooger's site

Warlords 3/DLR's 'simple' combat is kind of misleading. Yes there is not much in the way of tactics but you need to pay close attention to the bonuses/abilities of your units and heroes vs. those of enemy stacks.
The graphics in W3/DLR are bad(even at the time of their release they were bad) but the gameplay makes DLR the equal of Heroes III for different reasons.

The "Battlecry" games are real-time w/pause but they are VERY well done and in some ways even better than the TB Warlords games(character development and tactical options for example).

Avoid Warlords 4 like the plague. Even with all the recent patches made by KGB(the sole fan with access to the source code as far as I know) it is a shitty game(and Steve Fawkner seems to agree. His design doc for Warlords 5 is largely an apology for Warlords 4).
I agree, Warlords 3 was the pinnacle.

catfood

AGAIN
Does anyone have a manual pdf for Warlords 3 (DLR but even ROH would be good). I get the feeling that I'm missing out on a lot of tips without it. In-game help is almost non-existent.

PS: the soundtrack for War2, War2Dx, ROH and DLR is up and ready for download at www.warlorders.com. It's incomplete but there's about 30 tracks in total and you can make a sweet random playlist to play in the background while enjoying the games.

catfood said:
Does anyone have a manual pdf for Warlords 3 (DLR but even ROH would be good). I get the feeling that I'm missing out on a lot of tips without it. In-game help is almost non-existent.

PS: the soundtrack for War2, War2Dx, ROH and DLR is up and ready for download at www.warlorders.com. It's incomplete but there's about 30 tracks in total and you can make a sweet random playlist to play in the background while enjoying the games.

Very nice.

Exmit said:
i've got 32bit XP and still no go

That's weird I have 32bit XP as well and it installs just fine for me, not from the launchers install button though, it does nothing so I just go to cd and run setup exe. Only way I can think of why OS would say you don't have a right to run something is when you log in as a regular user. If you know the admin password maybe try to run files as an admin just right click and there's run as. Just my two cents, hope it helps.

Achmed1974

Novice
I am totally burnt out with Dominions 3 and wanted to experience Warlords 2 deluxe. Grabbed a copy at Warlorders.com but I don't see a manual with it. I googled and couldn't find one either. Does anyone have or know where one can find a PDF manual for this game?

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
You people all suck. Warlords I is where it was at. WII and WIII were just the derp before the Derptacular WIV.

Lord Bane FTW.

Achmed1974

Novice
Yeah they only had 1 and 4 and a couple Battlecry games. I mean have played these gamesfor years so I can play them fine without a manual. Just nice for detailed unit information and other things Iskim on my tablet while playing. Hopefully someone might have it but if not no big deal.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I thought I had the manual for W2D, but it turns out I don't. If you do find it somewhere, I'd be very glad to hear about it.

Heresiarch

Prophet
I've got WBC3 downloaded (finally) and can't run it in Win7. At all. :x

BTW I find the smilies fucking hilarious with all the crazy codex unique emoticons

Heresiarch

Prophet
Upgraded to 1.0.3 and now I can play it yay!

Music is good! Control and customization looks good? Gonna play it seriously after finishing Morrowind, Torchlight, and Mass Effect 3...

Anyway to set it so that my widescreen monitor NOT automatically stretch the 4:3 to full 16:9?

Groof

Educated
Anyway to set it so that my widescreen monitor NOT automatically stretch the 4:3 to full 16:9?

Chances are you can set that up in the control panel for your graphics card.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom