Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warlock 2: The Exiled

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
The only issue is Paradox will probably milk the shit out of it with DLC, again.
Small problem for those who wait, I bought the whole shebang for about 10 euro a few months after release.
Great buy btw, had a lot of fun with this game.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Problem is I liked the first so much I'd be tempted to D1P.

dehimos

Augur
Warlocks is a gray game. Good mechanics but the evolution of the games not fun.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I hope this isn't being produced by Joe Fracona or w/e his name is who produced Derpgeonland and Impire. Seems like it might be as the website is trying way too hard to be comedic. They didn't use Royal Adviser guy for Impire which is sort of understandable but there's no reason not to use him for the sequel to Warlock. I will rage so hard!

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
pakoito Ask him why they didn't get Royal Adviser guy to do the voiceover for the teaser and DEMAND they use him for the game!

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Wester is very open in his communication. Drop him an email or mention and he'll answer for sure.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I demanded an answer on Pdox forums! We'll see what the response is~

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Well apparently it's the same voice actor voicing the trailer just not in the Royal Adviser character. Madness!

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Also RIP any chance at Majesty 3:

In short - I don't think it's possible to do in a profitable fashion. This is due to A: The cost of a proper M3 game would be high and B: I think that the audience for a PROPER majesty game is too small for A to be viable.

We'd love to - we love Majesty to death and we've looked at this in twenty different ways but can't make the math the work. Even if just was a break even affair we might consider it.

I hope someone comes to us and convinces us they can make a great Majesty game with a smart budget.

Regards,

Shams

Black_Willow

Arcane
Also RIP any chance at Majesty 3:

In short - I don't think it's possible to do in a profitable fashion. This is due to A: The cost of a proper M3 game would be high and B: I think that the audience for a PROPER majesty game is too small for A to be viable.

We'd love to - we love Majesty to death and we've looked at this in twenty different ways but can't make the math the work. Even if just was a break even affair we might consider it.

I hope someone comes to us and convinces us they can make a great Majesty game with a smart budget.

Regards,

Shams
Well, fuck. :decline:

EDIT

Someone should tell them about that 'Kickstarter" thing.

Last edited:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Not too surprising given how cheap Paradox has become. They can make something like Warlock 2 because it's going to reuse assets from Warlock 1 which reused assets from Majesty 2 so you wipe out a lot of art and animation costs. It does surprise me a little since they pumped out four expansions to Majesty 2 so you'd figure they were making money otherwise they wouldn't have done them. And while the potential market might be small could it be even worse than the market for turds they've pumped out like Dungeonland, Impire, Showdown Effect, etc? If they stopped funding crap like that they'd have their money for Majesty 3.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom