Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warframe

Gerrard

Arcane
You know the guns use the mods you have on your primary weapon.
They still sucked. :obviously:

Maybe I am just to comfortable with my Sonicor spam.
Dunno man, they seem pretty OK to me.

CXkEcG7.jpg

You could get more but personally I think the accuracy is shit, so Heavy Caliber is a no go, and the ammo runs out too fast so I would get even more mag size (and instead buff power strength for damage).

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Until Titania's debuffs are changed so that they don't actually work against themselves, she's pretty much just yet another themed gimmick frame that sits forgotten in the back of people's closets.

As-is, her debuffs are worse than Tornado. Chroma can both deal and tank far, far more damage that Titania could ever hope to, and the buffs really aren't world-changing or particularly needed, so....

Gerrard

Arcane
>people playing Chroma
Good one.

Also Steve being butthurt on stream becasue someone on Twitter told him he can't design gameplay for shit over the Rivens (which is 100% true).

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
>people playing Chroma
Good one.

How do you manage to be such a clueless retard?

bed80011bf.png

Oh, right. :lol:

No one bothers to play Titania now. I haven't seen even a single one in-mission since the buzz surrounding her release died down. The reason Chroma isn't terribly common to see is because he's difficult to farm, 6-8 Forma and maxed Primed/corrupted mods are required for a proper ice tank build, and Arcanes are a big plus to really get the most out of him, although not strictly mandatory. Ice Chroma is the most expensive and time-consuming frame to build and run by a wide margin.

Once completed, though, you get to be invincible and insta-rape everything that moves. I use him on a fairly regular basis, and so do a lot of the MR20+ players whom I've known for a while. One in particular plays Chroma more often than any other frame.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
More recycled items from the void trader, I see...

It's for the best. Mid-game players need a chance to get the old Primed mods, event mods, and accessory pieces that bittervets already have.

There was one new accessory.

Whaddaya want, a new Primed mod every two weeks? We'd have like 100 of them by now if that were the case.

Gerrard

Arcane
>people playing Chroma
Good one.

How do you manage to be such a clueless retard?

bed80011bf.png

Oh, right. :lol:

No one bothers to play Titania now. I haven't seen even a single one in-mission since the buzz surrounding her release died down. The reason Chroma isn't terribly common to see is because he's difficult to farm, 6-8 Forma and maxed Primed/corrupted mods are required for a proper ice tank build, and Arcanes are a big plus to really get the most out of him, although not strictly mandatory. Ice Chroma is the most expensive and time-consuming frame to build and run by a wide margin.

Once completed, though, you get to be invincible and insta-rape everything that moves. I use him on a fairly regular basis, and so do a lot of the MR20+ players whom I've known for a while. One in particular plays Chroma more often than any other frame.
So you can make Chroma useful after you farm stupid, broken gimmicks that less than 1/10000 players have? Yeah, thanks for confirming what I said, retard.

Endemic

Arcane
It's for the best. Mid-game players need a chance to get the old Primed mods, event mods, and accessory pieces that bittervets already have.

There was one new accessory.

Whaddaya want, a new Primed mod every two weeks? We'd have like 100 of them by now if that were the case.

No, but a Latron Wraith wouldn't have gone amiss, if they're going to run old stuff.

Gift of the Lotus potato is appreciated though.

Gerrard

Arcane
They said they moved the variant weapon parts into invasion rewards. Haven't seen any so far, though to be honest I forget to check most of the time.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
I can't even build Chroma, because Saryn Systems can only be aquired from long-legged Kela, and I can't be assed to go through that arena shit again. Which also means I can't do synthesis targets, because it requires the Chroma quest to be finished.:argh:

Bothers me far more than this random riven bullshit.

Seriously, the prime part is trash loot compared to the hoops they have you jump through for the normal part.

Also:
https://warframe.com/news/valkyr-prime-arrives-november-22

:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
So you can make Chroma useful after you farm stupid, broken gimmicks that less than 1/10000 players have? Yeah, thanks for confirming what I said, retard.

So you're saying I'm part of the elite 0.01% of players? Thanks. :smug:

It's more like 1 in 20 or 1 in 30, though. If you think that Primed Continuity, a couple of Corrupted mods, seven Forma and a stack of Grace is some wildly unattainable king's treasure, then you really are new.

Ice Chroma min-maxing is for long-time veterans, yes. Also, he remains very useful for credit farming without the need for any min-maxing, so as far as that goes he's useful for newer players, too.

Titania on the other hand is broken because they won't fix her shitty crowd control. Her Dex Pixia spam is easily outclassed by many other DPS-focused Warframe abilities, and her buffs aren't strong enough to salvage the whole. I hope they do fix her debuffs someday, because she'll be a lot more fun then.

I can't even build Chroma, because Saryn Systems can only be aquired from long-legged Kela, and I can't be assed to go through that arena shit again. Which also means I can't do synthesis targets, because it requires the Chroma quest to be finished.:argh:

I can help you farm Chroma if you ever catch me online. I can do sortie-level Kela in my sleep now.

Gerrard

Arcane
Which also means I can't do synthesis targets, because it requires the Chroma quest to be finished.:argh:
Wait what, that's dumb. When did they make it like this?

So you're saying I'm part of the elite 0.01% of players? Thanks. :smug:

It's more like 1 in 20 or 1 in 30, though. If you think that Primed Continuity, a couple of Corrupted mods, seven Forma and a stack of Grace is some wildly unattainable king's treasure, then you really are new.

Ice Chroma min-maxing is for long-time veterans, yes. Also, he remains very useful for credit farming without the need for any min-maxing, so as far as that goes he's useful for newer players, too.

Titania on the other hand is broken because they won't fix her shitty crowd control. Her Dex Pixia spam is easily outclassed by many other DPS-focused Warframe abilities, and her buffs aren't strong enough to salvage the whole. I hope they do fix her debuffs someday, because she'll be a lot more fun then.
Considering how many players WF has in total, probably, yeah. Mods are not really that rare, but getting max rank arcanes is just a retarded process where I draw the line on grind

Last edited:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
I can help you farm Chroma if you ever catch me online.
Thanks, but I just meant it in a "I did the arena so often, I have to wait at least a year or I loose sanity" way. (even if I spent a lot of time just being dead and watching an Ash for 15 min)
Curse you past me selling all those parts! :argh:

Wait what, that's dumb. When did they make it like this?
Dunno. It's been a loooooong time since I did synthesis things. Now that I had to do one to unlock the riven mod I noticed he only offers the training course to me, so I checked the internets.
The New Strange has to be completed
That in combination with Saryn systems locked behind Kela is an interesting approach towards new players.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Considering how many players WF has in total, probably, yeah. Mods are not really that rare, but getting max rank arcanes is just a retarded process where I draw the line on grind

You can buy a stack of 10 Arcane Grace for around 1,500p.

No, it's not cheap; it's the price of about a dozen average Prime sets, give or take. In-demand Arcanes are for people at the top of the pyramid scheme that is the Warframe economy. As I mentioned, though, Arcanes aren't strictly necessary for ice Chroma.

Gerrard

Arcane
zbC8BWp.png

This is great.
>they have a team dedicated to Conclave
>meanwhile there's no one to adjust some numbers in weapon stats in the game 99% of players play
>and spent time developing fucking handegg

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
DE never spends one iota of time or effort working on anything that won't immediately make them money, even if the work would dramatically improve the game.

The Riven "attunement" changes prove that DE knows exactly which weapons are underpowered and which are viable, because the datamined chart of rifle Riven modifiers reads like a carbon copy of a weapon tiers list. The strongest weapons get a 0.65 modifier, while the weakest get a 1.45 modifier.

Thing is, actually going back to rebalance old weapons won't gain them much. A lot of players already have those weapons, or can rebuild them easily.

This phenomenon is most apparent in that DE never bothers to fix shitty old Warframes until they have a premium skin or Prime Access to sell.

Gerrard

Arcane
The Riven "attunement" changes prove that DE knows exactly which weapons are underpowered
Considering that Ignis got 0.79, I don't think they do. Besides that, those 10-15% buffs don't really make enough difference when the base weapon damage is 5 times lower.

Can't wait for frame Rivens and their values. I can already see it "Oberon 1.12".

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
The Riven "attunement" changes prove that DE knows exactly which weapons are underpowered
Considering that Ignis got 0.79, I don't think they do. Besides that, those 10-15% buffs don't really make enough difference when the base weapon damage is 5 times lower.

Can't wait for frame Rivens and their values. I can already see it "Oberon 1.12".

The Ignis was buffed a while back and is an incredibly strong weapon when built correctly, especially if paired with Ember or Banshee, so I have no idea what you're on about. Even if it weren't, it would be the exception that proves the rule.

If Archwing Rivens end up diluting the entire Riven pool, that's when I retire from this shitshow permanently. As it is, I'm taking a break because it's the holidays and because their shitty decision-making has been pissing me off lately (skipping Banshee Prime again, Riven mods, crappy Prime Accessories, trying to nerf Vacuum, you name it).

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
I guess it's a good thing I never ground out those manics to get Ash, since he's being nerfed into the ground now and I'd have been pretty butthurt over it.

What other frames are decent for solo play besides Rhino? As has been mentioned, it seems like most frames do fuck all damage with their abilities vs energy cost, and have little in the way of survivability outside of a group. Rhino at least grants immunity to the huge variety of status effects that seem to be essentially instant death beyond a certain level.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
What other frames are decent for solo play besides Rhino?
Most of them are, would probably be easier to say which ones aren't. Assuming you got some decent mods, and I don't even mean pimping blaine-style. It usually comes down to "what abilitiy (or two) do you want to use all the time". Ember might be the queen of nobrain dmg (still waiting for her prime to be un-vaulted), Valkyr can only die from player's stupidiy, but is locked to melee during that. She got a little nerf herself, but is still stronk liek potato. Some of them Nyx/Saryn/Mag) need larger groups of enemies to shine, making them better for (mobile) def.
Just to name a few.

I prefer Trinity (Prime). Yes, those are female frames, and no, it doesn't make you gay. :obviously:

She doesn't DO extra dmg, it's more like you pretty much unstoppable as long as you have energy. And you fucking make your own energy whenever you want. With pigtails and a lobster tail.
The only frame where I use (or even know) all 4 abilities.
Trinners is a "heal" character design gone good. You would have to rip her from my dead cold hands. Downside: you are screwed in an eximus stronghold. But who isn't...

i use ember: sit in a corner to charge energy/focus, when full focus use and charge more energy if needed. press 4 and walk through the mission.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Browsing through stuff Inaros caught my eye as well. Seems like it'd be pretty hard to die if you can self revive, especially based on what I've seen of enemy AI where they try and murderify corpses when nobody is around. Not to mention endless amounts of energy/heal restoration. Trinity does look equally cheesy on the infinite health/energy thing though. Still seems to me that most frames without a way to recover life get boned pretty hard by things like toxin or bleed damage, and basically everyone needs knockdown immunity to avoid being endlessly ragdolled by scorpions/ancients/moas/shield dudes.

no knockdown immunity on my ember, no healing other than the minimal provided from medi-ray. you don't need them when you knock down everything yourself.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom