Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warframe

eklektyk

Erudite
we're on an 8th patch now .. and shits still broken as fuck ...
ill wait for another week or more before loggin in it seems

looks like i'll be stuck on rank 19 forever. the rank 20 test is an archwing timed race. outright impossible with the new controls.
a week ago i could navigate through maps at max speed with an itzal just fine. now i failed this test at the first obstacle.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
The hotfixes have done a lot to improve the Archwing experience to me, but I'd still like that the camera was by default locked at the old range and only zooms in when aiming, and I'd like improved animations.

it's not a matter of getting used to them either. the trial had been created to be difficult under the old control scheme, with the new one and its impossible inertia i'm supposed to start steering TWO obstacles in advance. that's not really possible, don't you think?

Gerrard

Arcane
I thought the new archwing was the worst shit but then I played the Orokin spy mission. First and last time. That shit has no place in Warframe.

with orokin spy warframe went full puzzle games. i doubt i'll ever try one again, after i had to unlock the mission back then, but i liked the concept.

Vaarna_Aarne

The Orokin Moon puzzle rooms are actually pretty fun to do the first time succesfully due to them actually requiring effort and a little bit of thinking. But yea, when it comes to farming, they take way too much effort per run.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
MadMaxHellfire The new Archwing movement system definitely needs work, and there's too much inertia to be sure, but it's not THAT bad. I can easily navigate at sprint (but not afterburner) speeds through Corpus trenches while only occasionally slamming into walls.

Other problems with new Archwing mode:

• the trench tileset is designed and built to appear as rooms and corridors with definite "up" and "down" directions
  • the 2D minimap assumes you're rightside-up, so if you're oriented elsewise, the map and markers actually become misleading and confusing
  • lack of proper roll controls/keybindings
  • "auto-orient" feature slowly rolls you toward what it thinks is "up" regardless of what you do
  • FOV/zoom-in on Archwing way too narrow/close

There are a few good things about the change, though, not least of which is that enemies now move smoothly and gracefully, rather than jerking and bonking around everywhere. Plus, Syndicates carry parts now, which is why I've now got all the Archwing stuff leveled.

Trench runs should be reverted to the old movement system (for players only, not enemies). In the old system, I could afterburn through them without ever slamming into anything, except maybe using Itzal with Hyperion Thrusters, which is just too damn fast.

As for the new Relic system, it's blatantly clear that the main purpose was to eliminate endless key farming and render veterans' large key collections mostly useless for farming new Primes. I don't need insider info to know that the rarest parts from the newest Primes will be available only from all-new Relics we'll have to farm up from scratch once the next Prime Access begins, but I do happen know a guy who plays who's friends with DE Glen, and he too seems confident that'll be the case.

It's easier for DE to manipulate overall "farming speed" if they know exactly how many keys and which types players can get per hour, and how many parts and which types can be gotten from those keys.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
try the mastery rank 20 test and come back.

Okay.

91d35bce45.png

Edit: Now in Amesha because I know you're gonna say, "YOU USED BLINK!!!".

469b5fd4b2.png

Vaarna_Aarne

One of the hotfixes, not sure which, did something to the speed and inertia too, Archwing's much more playable than on launch. Main things that I think need improvement is camera needs to be at least three times farther away at all times except when aiming, they need an enemy direction indicator around the reticle instead of at the edges of the screen, and they should really do something about the assblaster animations. Oh yea, and the option to lock the horizontal orientation with a button toggle so you don't get confused in trench runs.

how the fuck did you do that? seriously, how? every time i try to turn my archwing spins uncontrollably and i can't even boost, during that trial it goes up instead.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
how the fuck did you do that? seriously, how? every time i try to turn my archwing spins uncontrollably and i can't even boost, during that trial it goes up instead.

It seems to be buggy as fuck now, yeah. At the beginning, while the Lotus is speaking, your Archwing is still kneeling but can move anyway, so that's what I do.

Once the Archwing begins to move normally, use afterburners (which didn't exist when the test was first made) and try to get through a couple of easy rings on the way to the end. Hyperion Thrusters helps.

With the Itzal, you can just Blink to the finish line.

Gerrard

Arcane
I don't need insider info to know that the rarest parts from the newest Primes will be available only from all-new Relics we'll have to farm up from scratch once the next Prime Access begins, but I do happen know a guy who plays who's friends with DE Glen, and he too seems confident that'll be the case.
And how do you imagine they do this? (At least) 3 new items = 12 pieces. So what, make 12 new relics per update? But each relic has 6 possible rewards, so what are you going to put in the other slots? Because if it's older gear getting duplicates in more common rarities then I am completely okay with this.

Also if they're going to make more relics then return all the fucking vaulted items.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
I'm not entirely sure how they'll do it, but I imagine they'll have one new Relic per tier. Two new Relics will each have a rare part from Tigris Prime and Galatine Prime, while the other two will each have two rare parts from Nekros Prime. They'll add in some Forma BPs, then shuffle some old commons and uncommons from the old Primes into the new Relics, and shuffle new commons and uncommons from the new Primes into the old Relics. There could also be multiple new parts per Relic, say a rare Tigris piece and a common Galatine piece in the new Meso Relic.

There may also be two new Relics per tier.

One thing I'm totally sure of is that at least one piece from each new Prime will be in new Relics. I absolutely guarantee it, because otherwise it would be far too quick to farm them up. A little bird told me though that when something is vaulted, the Relics containing its parts will remain in players' inventory although they'll stop dropping.

We'll see in exactly one month from now.

Vaarna_Aarne

You mean the bug where some team members might get an entirely different drop rolls from the rest?

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Yes, that one.

Not only that, but one time, I received something different than the thing I had actually selected.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
The game has clearly peaked:

28b619fba2.png

That little up-down spike near the end was the release of Specters of the Rail.

A "marketing deadline" was Steve's excuse for the buggy release, and no doubt there was one, since they sold out to the Chinese awhile back. Might have something to do with fiscal quarter earnings numbers to show investors or some shit, and therefore a desire to sell more platinum before the end of July.

I give the game two more years, tops three or four. The user base is declining rather than growing and I imagine they'll use shittier and shittier tactics as time wears on. Still and all, as F2P goes it's nowhere remotely close to the worst of them in terms of exploitative schemes.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Once you have farmed all the things (or at least the ones you wanted), only PvP or that ball game would keep you interested, aside from some short return to farm "new item xyz". It's the problem of every MMO.
If you are incompatible with PvP and don't care about the ball game you just wait for new BIG shinies. Like the kittehs this time and Madama Butterfly/Booberon after that.
Not sure if that is enough for constant high player numbers in the long run...

Also is that a Steam statistic? If so it's not really a reliable indicator, without consoletards. Not even for the PC masterrace, I for example don't use Steam for any game that doesn't force me to. Steam has cooties.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Steam is a more than generous representative sample of the player base. I'm fairly sure the majority of players run through Steam, even when taking console dipshits into account.

well, i clocked almost 1000 hours and i've nowhere "farmed all the things". i just enjoy the ride, swap weapons and frames around and do the occasional void/fissure/fisher mission.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom