Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warframe

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Not that you would ever need anything other than Ceres, Jupiter and Saturn.

Mercury, Venus, and Uranus produce Polymer Bundles, which are now the most important long-term resource for me because they're used to make pizza.

I'll put three Titans on Polymer Bundles (which can produce thousands per day) and a Distiller on either Neural Sensors or Neurodes. It takes days or weeks, but when the Distiller finally hits, you get quite a few resources.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
The nullifiers IMO are only a problem if you do not accept a simple truth:

THE SLOW BLADE PENETRATES THE SHIELD

the new market is a fraud, important informations are hidden and it's built with the purpose of tricking people into thinking blueprints don't exist. as a new player, all i can see while browsing the market is "this is a p2w, nothing is ever free", which is actually the opposite of how warframe is.
Actually the funny thing is that the blog post about the new market said the goal was to make it easier to find the blueprints or anything else. But to me, the new market is just a labyrinthine mystery a lot of the time, it took me way too long to find the blueprint button.

If their idea was to make it easier to find the BPs in the store, they should have put a "credit only" toggle button to it so it doesn't show plat items, or make their single item display show both credit and platinum cost at the same time instead of having a button to switch to Blueprint.

Last edited:
yeah, i read the relative blog post after i wrote and i found it insane.
i tried the new archwing controls and i have two issues: i can't rotate on z axis which makes me lose my already terrible bearing and the archwings have much more inertia, so i keep smashing my face on every wall at every turn. it never happened even with the old "i pinch an obstacle and rebound 1 km away".

these rifts are the pinnacle of retardation: all you have to do is bring simulors. any other weapon is not going to do anything in the middle of that nullifiers chain-spawning. also void missions can't be soloed anymore because of rifts.

eklektyk keys haven't been actually removed, you just use them inside the mission instead of before it. the reward selection is awesome and even gives something to think about for organized teams. it's a shame that everything else is so horribly terribad thought out and even worsely done.

Gerrard

Arcane
So yeah, remember when some retards said archwing would be better when it had full 6 degree movement? Who's laughing now?

Also fucking junction shit is broken and doesn't count half of the requirements..

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
The nullifiers IMO are only a problem if you do not accept a simple truth:

My friends and I have been turbo-trashing Void fissures of all tiers in record time with the following setup:

• Inaros with ~32,000 EHP, Telos Boltor, Akstiletto Prime, Jat Kittag (me)
  • Inaros " " ", Boltor Prime, Twin Grakata, Jat Kittag
  • Inaros " " ", Boltor Prime, Wraith Twin Vipers, Jat Kittag
  • [some random]

Nullifier spam is retarded and indefensible. Anyone who defends nullifier spam is an utter retard and you're an absolute moron for even entertaining the thought that it's not a 100% garbage mechanic.

They don't add challenge... they limit choice and variety, SEVERELY. There's no reason to use anything but Inaros when none of your powers work or will persist 95% of the time anyway, nor is there a reason to use anything but bullet hoses (excepting Glaive, which is only slightly faster and, once again, severely limits choice and variety). Bows and sniper rifles become garbage, as do many other weapons.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
7xXoM04.jpg

57f299c8b4.png

So yeah, remember when some retards said archwing would be better when it had full 6 degree movement? Who's laughing now?

Also fucking junction shit is broken and doesn't count half of the requirements..

It would be better if there were proper roll keybindings, no auto-roll, and less unnecessary additional inertia, you retard.

Gerrard

Arcane

It would be better if there were proper roll keybindings, no auto-roll, and less unnecessary additional inertia, you retard.
:butthurt:

Also you're in fucking space, the lack of inertia is what was retarded in the first place.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
That's what retro thrusters are for, idiot.

Besides which, this isn't a physics sim: Everything about Archwing was and still is designed to be arcade-y, especially the cramped tunnel levels. Excusing shitty movement models that are horrible in practice based on vague references to "realism" is totally irrelevant. Incorporating 6doF is possible and desirable, but it needs to be done correctly given the context.

In reality, an astronaut in an EVA suit adorned with thrusters would creep extremely slowly and carefully through the equivalent of Corpus tunnels. That is not appropriate for this game.

Vaarna_Aarne

The camera is way too close in general, you don't get nowhere near as much spatial information as you did before.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
You talking about the level 9,999 god mode alert all the other scroobs have been crying about? Git gud. My friend and I finished it with Covert Lethality and Maim. Billions of damage... it was beautiful.

Gerrard

Arcane
Holy shit you are stupid. There was nothing difficult about it. I failed it 3 times with 1-3 seconds remaining because of shitty life support drops.

Oh wait, I get it now. You're one of those people who think that there's some skill involved in Warframe's gameplay.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Holy shit you are stupid. There was nothing difficult about it. I failed it 3 times with 1-3 seconds remaining because of shitty life support drops.

Oh wait, I get it now. You're one of those people who think that there's some skill involved in Warframe's gameplay.

You don't get it at all. I neither stated nor implied that Warframe is a skill-intensive game, because it isn't. It's a mindless horde shoot-em-up game, and objectively, it's a pretty bad game. However, there is a major and very noticeable difference between competent players and incompetent ones; and there is skill involved in advanced parkour with a fairly high skill ceiling, although this barely affects actual game progression anymore. That's all beside the point, though.

The life support/enemy limitation during that alert is part of the "puzzle" and is fully intentional. Check the Warframe forums, and you'll see other people crying that it's incompletable and DE fucked up somehow; meanwhile, some teenagers figured it out and finished it in their first try.

"Git gud" = figure out what needs to be done instead of complaining about it and blaming the game/developers. Criticizing the game's design is one thing, but bitching because you failed is just whining. You might not like the way they implemented the alert, but they didn't fuck it up by any means.

Gerrard

Arcane

You don't get it at all. I neither stated nor implied that Warframe is a skill-intensive game, because it isn't. It's a mindless horde shoot-em-up game, and objectively, it's a pretty bad game. However, there is a major and very noticeable difference between competent players and incompetent ones; and there is skill involved in advanced parkour with a fairly high skill ceiling, although this barely affects actual game progression anymore. That's all beside the point, though.

The life support/enemy limitation during that alert is part of the "puzzle" and is fully intentional. Check the Warframe forums, and you'll see other people crying that it's incompletable and DE fucked up somehow; meanwhile, some teenagers figured it out and finished it in their first try.

"Git gud" = figure out what needs to be done instead of complaining about it and blaming the game/developers. Criticizing the game's design is one thing, but bitching because you failed is just whining. You might not like the way they implemented the alert, but they didn't fuck it up by any means.
When I did it first we weren't even sure if enemies or containers dropped life support, because they didn't seem too. Then at the 4th try we did it we had 20% and 1 spare capsule left. There is no puzzle if it all depends on luck. Hell, I saw people say they completed it without killing any enemies, so you can get super lucky or super fucked by the RNG.

And you can't expect every player to have one shitty rare mod (which only drops from one mission type) that is almost completely useless in normal gameplay.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
The timer depends on how many people are in the mission. It's easiest when done solo. We brought a third along, a newbie, and he didn't do much of anything.

Anyway, I have 20 Covert Lethalities, if you want some just let me know. I've been giving them away. Covert Lethality is still useful in numerous mission types with Excalibur's Radial Blind, Ivara's Sleep, Inaros' Pocket Sand, or with normal stealth finishers in missions featuring extremely high-level enemies (usually also requires invisibility, or a Huras).

Wild Slop

Arcane
This mission was damn annoying. I got his out of it:
HTNZXTs.jpg

I saw a bursa once too

Covert Lethality + Excalibur was how I got through it. I couldn't score any backstabs with Loki for some reason so switched to good ol Excal party horn.
The intention of the joke was all well and good but these are supposed to be gifts for all players so I feel bad for the fresh newcomer that has no Covert Lethality.
I failed many times often with 8 -12 seconds on clock... going around smashing all containers in the hope of an air supply pack that never came. Even when i beat it the clock had run out and I thought it was another loss.

You know you can tell how "easy" but implicitly not easy it was? The amount of grandiose bragging in public chat. Never miss an opportunity to bask in petty glory.

As far as the open space maps I find the Archwing somewhere between tolerable and fun.
4 rounds in Uranus - Caelus, as for my past experience, was surprisingly good in leveling up my Archwing gun (I had a short term boost going but still good). Some of the new mods (augs) seem to be dropping commonly enough too.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
So you manage to survive a lvl10004 Cyberstalker but insist to kiss the floor whenever I am around? Filthy casual... Did he at least drop anything good?

Also what is the new Draco now, pleasing the loco hippies is hard work without it.

Vaarna_Aarne

I've just taken to soloing Spy missions as fast as I could since Cinxia (which is the current Ceres Interception mission) doesn't seem to have anywhere near old Draco levels of spawns.

it was actually fun running back and forth trying to stop the flood of enemies :/ well, at least they admitted this expansion is a huge screw up and desperately needs to be fixed from the ground up.

Vaarna_Aarne

Well I'd say it needs to be fixed all over the place due to bugs and such, but a lot of things are pretty good in principle. Kavats are a welcome addition to companion selection, the new Void system is a big improvement, and the new gear seems nice enough. The market facelift is kind of not a facelift, but that's not a big deal overall. The new Star Chart is not really all that new, but I guess it'd be more appealing to a new player if they were presented a pick between the two, given how it removes redundant doubles from planets and presents more immediately accessible information about where you can be going and what their immediate goals should be, main issue is just that it's unpolished and buggy. The huge elephant in the porcelain room is Archwing movement 2.0, which is just plain awful through and through and does nothing to fix the main two problems of Archwing being so ignored by most of the player base which is the lack of interaction between main gameplay and Archwing, and Archwing rewarding things that are univerally desirable instead of Archwing-only.

Though at least the new update made Archwing gearing more accessible by adding a non-Archwing way to get good weapons.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
So in a nutshell: "Everything is shit now. But at least we got Pokemon-cats." :obviously:

But no use waiting for them to fix it. If they were forced to release it this way because they ran out of time, any bigger fix will take a month or longer to arrive anyway.

We better deal with it.
[no gif today]
+M

Vaarna_Aarne

Sloppy mentioned that they fixed some of the worse bugs today. I don't know the details.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom