Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warframe

i'd build them if i hadn't to buy the blueprints one at a time.

AlexOfSpades

Arcane
How can anyone possibly take Warframe's "lore" seriously? Why don't Corpus just put fucking nullifiers all over their ships?

It could be a very expensive unit. Maybe with our constant raids and attacks, they just can't afford mass production of Nullies.
They are very expensive, so let's put them on some dude's back so he gets murdered into tiny bits. Yeah makes a lot of sense.

It actually does, they're the heaviest unit out of Corpus and the technology itself protects "the dude".

Not to mention another thing ; it could be that the nullifier shield, if too big, would grow weak, so unable to put around a whole ship. It could be that excessive numbers of Nullies would interfere with their own systems. Shit, the very fact that some high level sorties have excessive Nullie spawns proves that they are able of doing it already, just only use it in extreme occasions.

Also the "The entire lore is retarded because one specific enemy has no explanation as of now" argument is pretty retarded on its own. Not that I like nullifiers though. I think they're a terrible idea.

>2016
>still using Energy Siphon
Also tell me how many powers do you plan on using with that 0.6 energy per second?

With 35~75% efficiency on most of my frames and 100 energy for starter, quite a lot actually. You should only use CP when doing T4 endless, organized. Other than that, Siphon is better than all other auras. Not to mention most enemies drop energy globes already, you probably shouldn't bother with crates.

The lore (as exposed in 2nd Dream and the Codex) is pretty neat.

Last edited:

Wild Slop

Arcane
You make some needlessly valid & abrasive points. I'm almost convinced.

Silly as it is I like most of the Lore - or the "mystery" that comes with the unrefined still-in-development backdrop.

Last week while farming with Nekros in Dark Sector (i.e. infested) maps I started to put Energy Siphon to use, I had pretty much ignored it up till then (the +4 energy a sec from my Focus helps to do that).

Yesterday I waited for Billy-bub and Vaarna to do the Sortie but looked like it wasn't going to happen so I pugged it. Now with our past groupings we seemed to always get same end of mission reward unless it was a part one already but the others didn't. However this time I got the sad 25 cores , another exclaimed "Legendary!" and a third said " ____ lens". Just something that seemed to brake a pattern I've come to expect.

User names
User names
User names

We should start getting names passed around to have a nice pool of players to team with.

Wild Slop

Arcane
I only mentioned because the pug group was a different factor that could have played a role (doubtful about that).
I realized that I have most the lens from this seasons Sortie rewards. Perhaps the initial shared prize was one of those lenses, then those that already had it got an individual rng alternative (as opposed to a shared alternative one).
Maybe the guy was just messing with us and claimed to have a Legendary when he got the sad 25 as well.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Yesterday I waited for Billy-bub and Vaarna to do the Sortie but looked like it wasn't going to happen so I pugged it. Now with our past groupings we seemed to always get same end of mission reward unless it was a part one already but the others didn't. However this time I got the sad 25 cores , another exclaimed "Legendary!" and a third said " ____ lens". Just something that seemed to brake a pattern I've come to expect.

I waited for a while as well but nobody showed up, so I decided to watch England - Iceland instead. Time well spent. :salute:

Getting the same rewards could be a guild thing, or just buggy. Or we are like bestest of girlfriends, who have spent so much time together that their periods have sync'd!

Then again we always seem to get 25 cores lately, which I thought were the reward price after you already have everything. RNGesus is probably busy watching Yuro2016 as well...

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
We've gotten different rewards at times, I think it's only been the same for all of us when we get some part that none of us have gotten from the Sorties before.

Gerrard

Arcane
It actually does, they're the heaviest unit out of Corpus and the technology itself protects "the dude".

Not to mention another thing ; it could be that the nullifier shield, if too big, would grow weak, so unable to put around a whole ship.
Okay

no

how about

you use more than one

It could be that excessive numbers of Nullies would interfere with their own systems. Shit, the very fact that some high level sorties have excessive Nullie spawns proves that they are able of doing it already, just only use it in extreme occasions.

Siphon is better than all other auras.
:nocountryforshitposters:

Also the "The entire lore is retarded because one specific enemy has no explanation as of now" argument is pretty retarded on its own. Not that I like nullifiers though. I think they're a terrible idea.
No, the entire lore is retarded because it's retarded and makes no sense in the context of gameplay most of the time. If you think nullifiers are the only thing that makes no sense, you have serious brain problems.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
they're the heaviest unit out of Corpus

Bursas are the heaviest non-boss Corpus unit.

The explanation for nullifiers is nothing more than power creep, of which nullifier/bombard spam is the direct result. Power creep keeps the platinum train going, and has been exacerbated by DE's schizophrenic mod and ability design doctrines. Nullifier/bombard spam is apparently the only thing they could think of to limit players' ability to reduce the grind (getting too much use out of a single key, efficient farming, etc.), at the expense of making high-level play a lot less fun and reducing the selection of fully viable weapons.

Hopefully, they'll tone down the enemy cheese when Star Chart 3.0 drops or soon after.

i actually like to fight nullifiers :V because case by case i must evaluate if it's better to try to fight them from the distance of run under the shield and kill them up close. i need to check the surroundings, the radar, the type of enemies around and i need to do it fast.
bombards are retarded: "here i come, you die and can't do anything about it".

Vaarna_Aarne

And to me the Bombard thing is more like "which asshole is knocking me down now? It's messing with my groove, I'll shank the bastard next."

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Since it's double resource drop weekend, here's something of note: Raptor (the boss on the Naamah node on Pluto) has a very good chance of dropping 1-2 Neural Sensors, around a 50% chance I'd say. I just tested it a few times, and he's dropping 2 or 4 Sensors.

Also, Rhino with 2.0x+ damage multiplier Roar and a strong magnetic Opticor can one-shot Raptor from the entrance to the boss arena before he even activates his plot shield, which is what I've been doing.

Vaarna_Aarne

Personally I tend to favor Nightmare Salad V out of habit and because for whatever reason Themisto is ALWAYS a Nightmare node. I like to keep a stockpile of the mods just in case someone needs something.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Sykar You'll stop caring about that one day. Plus, after you've paid the tributes once, you don't have to pay them again if for example your rank decreases and then increases.

Anyway, you might have already noticed that when it comes to Prime parts in this game, there'll usually be one part with a 5-7% drop chance, while the rest are 20% (i.e. the crap that populates the tables in which different rare Prime parts drop). It's the classic McDonald's Monopoly approach. You'll have some trouble getting single Prime pieces only for some Syndicates, unless you want to pay full price, because most people (myself definitely included) want to sell complete sets.

If someone sells the one rare part from their set at a discount, then basically they end up with less platinum and some crap parts they don't need that will be difficult to sell.

Endemic

Arcane
Specters of the Rail update is out, 4.1GB. Long changelist including the new void system and starchart 3.0.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
We've found four rare containers so far today.

They've buffed nullifiers and added more of them, guess that's pretty much it for the combat design in this game. :salute:

the new void reward system is interesting. how you actually get to the reward is retarded, boring and needlessly unpredictable.
the new map which is like the old map is horrible, hard to read and even harder to take informations from.
the new market is a fraud, important informations are hidden and it's built with the purpose of tricking people into thinking blueprints don't exist. as a new player, all i can see while browsing the market is "this is a p2w, nothing is ever free", which is actually the opposite of how warframe is. greed will destroy them.

i haven't tried the new flight controls. they were fine already to me, the problem in space is navigation, trying to understand where enemies and loot are.

Gerrard

Arcane
On the old map, you could hover over a planet and see what resources it has. On the new one, you have to go to a planet and hover over the extractor icon. Improvement. DE cannot into UI design.

Not that you would ever need anything other than Ceres, Jupiter and Saturn.

eklektyk

Erudite
so they deleted void keys and given us this shit ...

instead of takin 6 missions of 4 tiers any time i wanted i get selection of 4 missions randomized after i unlock some mcguffin ... gee really improved

but cherry on top is that before i needed one key for 4team to get shit done and now all 4man needs relics to participate ...

soo much improv great works need grind thx bye [im curently in sto blowing shit up and i know i will get all i want without such bullsht]

Endemic

Arcane
You can get different drops with each player's relic, and then choose the best one when you get to extraction. Also relics are far more plentiful than keys were and only have 6 items in the drop list. Survival is now a maximum 10 minutes, rather than needing to do C rotation.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom