Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

version 1.47 bug mendos quest..

ReKoT

Novice
A bit to the left and around the corner >
In ther barrier mendos the owner of mendo's resteraunt asked me to find his hair brush and mirror.
I found the brush and mirror, returned them to him and asked for permission to enter his resteraunt.
He gave me a note and asked me to give it to the doorman, Tristian.

When i put my cursor over the doorman his name is "XFò" instead of Tristian...

When i click to talk to him this appears in the console: "in file: people.txt"

so.. i have the note and have been given permission to enter the resteraunt but cant get in there because i cant speak to the doorman to give him the note :(

oh and another small bug that i dont care about is when i returned with Mendo's hairbrush and mirror it stayed in my invntory even though my journal said i returned them..

CP

Liturgist
ReKoT said:
In ther barrier mendos the owner of mendo's resteraunt asked me to find his hair brush and mirror.
I found the brush and mirror, returned them to him and asked for permission to enter his resteraunt.
He gave me a note and asked me to give it to the doorman, Tristian.

When i put my cursor over the doorman his name is "XFò" instead of Tristian...

When i click to talk to him this appears in the console: "in file: people.txt"

so.. i have the note and have been given permission to enter the resteraunt but cant get in there because i cant speak to the doorman to give him the note :(

oh and another small bug that i dont care about is when i returned with Mendo's hairbrush and mirror it stayed in my invntory even though my journal said i returned them..

Did you try reloading and talking to him again? If this doesn't work let me know. In the mean time, there is another way to get into the restaurant... do you want me to tell you?

CP

ReKoT

Novice
ok i got into the resteraunt by using the repositioning feature..
I was so happy, but it was only for a few minutes becuase when i found out about Akwasi's special and told doctor Argus, the game crashed.. over and over agin, i have tried with multiple characters and reloaded about 5 times but the game crashes everytime when i click:
<tell him about Akwasi's special>

The error sign that comes up is:
Bad things being placed!

When i get this quest over and done with i will be a happy man, i hate unfinished quests lying around..

CP

Liturgist
ReKoT said:
ok i got into the resteraunt by using the repositioning feature..
I was so happy, but it was only for a few minutes becuase when i found out about Akwasi's special and told doctor Argus, the game crashed.. over and over agin, i have tried with multiple characters and reloaded about 5 times but the game crashes everytime when i click:
<tell him about Akwasi's special>

The error sign that comes up is:
Bad things being placed!

When i get this quest over and done with i will be a happy man, i hate unfinished quests lying around..

That's really a crummy bug, sorry. We'll fix that asap.

CP

ReKoT

Novice
Thx for the help CP i rellay appretiatie it, i dont think i have ever played a game where the developers are so helpful after the release..
Unfortunately i have ran into another brick wall, I have infultrated the rebellion and i have spoken to Deba in the Citadel, she told me to go to the Barrier and ask Telus for a necklace and return it.

When i speak to Telus the only dialogue option i have is "goodbye", this is what he says:

Ah, you've come to thank me again. Happy hunting.

So it looks like i will not be infiltrating the rebellion any further..

btw CP do u have any idea what CP means in swedish?

Cyt

Novice
If I’m not mistaking, Telus tells you that after he teaches you in barter skill. So did you pay him to teach you first, ReKoT?

Have you talked to him in the shop or in the tavern?

After I collected that necklace from him -in the shop- (cost me 50 I think), I got the option to ask him to teach me. He then tells me to find him in the tavern after work and that he would teach me.

Hope that helped. If it didn't then it’s a bug I guess :?

ReKoT

Novice
yeah i met him in the tavern before i got the quest of the necklace..
He trained me so thats what he is talking about, that bug is a big pain, it means i have no hope of infultrating the rebellion =(

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom