Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Vault Dweller: Age of Decadence needs to sell 45,000 copies to be successful

Discussion in 'Iron Tower Studio' started by Infinitron, Sep 19, 2015.

1. almondblightgender: ⚧ Arcane

almondblight
    Parrots:
    Click here and disable ads!
    I know it was thrown around as a joke, but I actually would like to see VD do an AoD review.

^ Top  
  2. Vault Dwellergender: ⚧ Commissar, Red Star Studio Developer

Vault Dweller
    Parrots:
    Pew-pew.

There are plenty of things that bother me, things we should have done differently. I was thinking of writing an article summarizing my thoughts on the matter, but I was too busy with the update.

• Brofist Brofist x 17
    ^ Top  
  3. Stompagender: ⚧ Arcane

Stompa
    Parrots:
    The date explains a lot, goddamn was playing a thief a hassle back then, too many different skills were necessary to progress and the gameplay was more of a save-load simulator. He's still a fucking retard for advocating difficulty through adjusting stats and dying in the first fight.

^ Top  
  4. Make America Great Again Darth Roxorgender: ⚧ Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis, Hater of Eternity

Darth Roxor
    Parrots:
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Vault Dwellergender: ⚧ Commissar, Red Star Studio Developer

Vault Dweller
    Parrots:
    [​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 21
    ^ Top  
  6. Harg Harfardarssengender: ⚧ Cipher Patron

Harg Harfardarssen
    Parrots:
    Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
    My favorite part of that review is when he slagged them for describing the setting as low magic, post apocalyptic and said "By that definition Prague in 1918 would fall under the same category of ‘low magic, post-apocalyptic’ and I doubt many people would rush to play a game set then and there".

Because post WWI Prague actually sounds like a pretty interesting setting which I would rush to play.

• Brofist Brofist x 14
    ^ Top  
  7. Shadenuatgender: ⚧ Arcane

Shadenuat
    Parrots:
    Could have added Throwing requirements in item and/or skill descriptions in 2 bloody years though.

^ Top  
  8. Vault Dwellergender: ⚧ Commissar, Red Star Studio Developer

Vault Dweller
    Parrots:
    Our to-do list was endless, especially when it comes to the small things. In the last 2 years we felt the limits of having a very small team like never before. To say that we were overloaded is to say nothing at all.

• Brofist Brofist x 11
    ^ Top  
  9. Matt with a full stop at the endgender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

Matt with a full stop at the end
    Parrots:
    Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Do you and mindx2 really believe Iron Tower have the money and the resources to do physical distribution? You only need to see what has happened with indie devs over the past few years to see what a struggle it is. Even larger studios like InXile and Obsidian have to get large publishing companies to do it for them.

If you are holding off buying the game because you want a physical copy, I think you are being a bit of a cunt to be honest. Just give them some fucking money and enjoy the game. We might actually get another RPG from them that way.

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    ^ Top  
  10. mindx2gender: ⚧ Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter Patron

mindx2
    Parrots:
    Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
    No, not really. Was hoping this would outsell Fallout 4 and I could order the Super Duper Deluxe Mega Enhanced Physical Edition (with cloth map of course) but alas I must settle for some bits and bytes on my hard drive.... :negative:

^ Top  
  11. Make America Great Again Ninjerkgender: ⚧ Arcane

Ninjerk
    Parrots:
    :lol:

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    ^ Top  
  12. Invictusgender: ⚧ Arcane The Real Fanboy

Invictus
    Parrots:
    Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Yo can always design a dvd cover and print it all nice and glossy

^ Top  
  13. Make America Great Again Perkelgender: ⚧ Arcane

Perkel
    Parrots:
    Or get the concept art some photoshop skills and photographic paper.

^ Top  
  14. Make America Great Again Mozggender: ⚧ Arcane

Mozg
    Parrots:
    Just get VD to write "AoD physical copy serial # 000001" on a cardboard box with a sharpie and give it to mind for a thousand dollars

• Brofist Brofist x 19
    ^ Top  
  15. Make America Great Again The Brazilian Slaughtergender: ⚧ Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter
    Parrots:
    1. Use your [Crafting][Lore] to forge physical "legitimate" copies of AoD

• Brofist Brofist x 13
    ^ Top  
  16. Make America Great Again Darth Roxorgender: ⚧ Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis, Hater of Eternity

Darth Roxor
    Parrots:
    and then people tell me lorecrafting isnt the most important part of the game

^ Top  
  17. Shadenuatgender: ⚧ Arcane

Shadenuat
    Parrots:
    I understand about small things like item descriptions (although nets/bolas is not a small thing, it's crucial part of combat, main combat cheese and I personally had to say 3-4 times just on 'dex that you can use them without Throwing skill).

But think about it - you wrote 10 lines of descriptions for every skill in the game just for lulz, yet you didn't think to actually make at least few of them useful and correlate with actual stuff happening in the game, making it clearer where and when they could be helpful ("5 Lore - you can use many of simplier ancient consoles" "4 Throwing - you can now use that awesome grappling hook").

Remember how Shadowrun Returns did it, in comparison:

Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

(Yes I know AoD doesn't have perks and such, I just wish in your future games you would make character screens more efficient and informative)

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Make America Great Again The Brazilian Slaughtergender: ⚧ Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter
    Parrots:
    Yeah, but you if you lack [Jewing][Trading] or [Persuasion], you have to share the profits with your nearest friendly Happy Merchant

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Tigranesgender: ⚧ Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Tigranes
    Parrots:
    Serpent in the Staglands Torment: Tides of Numenera
    We need an Age of Decadence CYOA, people

^ Top  
  20. Make America Great Again Ninjerkgender: ⚧ Arcane

Ninjerk
    Parrots:
    • Brofist Brofist x 12
    ^ Top  
  21. Make America Great Again Perkelgender: ⚧ Arcane

Perkel
    Parrots:
    Age of Decadence back to top 20 on GOG despite fact that there isn't any -XX% on it and they have winter sale going on.
    This is what i meant by "don't lower price quickly"

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Goralgender: ⚧ Arcane Patron The Real Fanboy

Goral
    Parrots:
    It's 65 now that a few hours of winter sale have kicked in. And it was -15% (on Steam) recently.

• retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. tgender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

t
    Parrots:
    Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    191 now. Only goes to show how little gog actually sells compared to steam.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Old Onegender: ⚧ Magister

Old One
    Parrots:
    FWIW, I would certainly buy a substantive expansion for AoD. I'd like to visit the ruins of the imperial capital, and the other ruined imperial city (the one that starts with a C). I'd like to see a couple more underground dungeons and caves. I'd like a couple more big battles with around 20 combatants per side. It would be fine if this stuff was all side-quest.

I would buy that.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  25. Irenaeus IIgender: ⚧ Unwanted Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy

Unwanted
    Parrots:
    Me too.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)