Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Upcoming cRPGs

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Quality aside, what cRPG games are on their way? Including indie, hybrid, dungeon crawlers and hack'n slashes.

Alpha or Beta available now
Blood and Iron
Flare
Grimoire
Hack, slash, loot
Incursion

Deus Ex Human Revolution (23.08.2011 NA; 26.08.2011 EU)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (11.11.2011)
Diablo 3 (2011)
Torchlight II (2011)
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Later or unknown
Age of Decadence (Thursday)
Broken Hourglass
Dead State (AKA Zombie RPG)
E.Y.E.
Hunted: The Demon's Forge
Inquisitor [English version]
Faery : Legends of Avalon
Frayed Knights
Path of Exile
Risen 2
Scars of War
Shelter
Zero - Was vom Morgen blieb
Knights of the Chalice 2

What else? I will be updating that list based on your info.

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
There was this Czech, inquisition themed RPG (I can't remember the name).

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
does the Witcher 2 come out this year? I'd rather think it was planned for 2011? Also, Divinity 2: Flames of Vengeance

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Re: cRPGs coming this year

Konjad said:
Arcania: A Gothic Tale/Gothic4
Deus Ex Human Revolution
Fallout New Vegas
The Witcher 2
Two Worlds Two
Welcome to the bleak future.

bhlaab

Erudite
Arcania, Fallout, Two Worlds, and Drakensang 2 are pretty much it

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Updated the list, I also changed topic title because I think we could include all upcoming cRPGs and post their release dates.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Demonicon aimes for 2011
Elemental (no RPG but considering the rest of that list...): "Elemental: War of Magic on PC has a confirmed release date on Tuesday 24 August 2010."
A new version of Incursion was promised late this year, so maybe second quarter 2011

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
Since you're including 2011 games, there's Dungeon Siege 3, and possibly Diablo 3 depending on whether or not you consider that series an RPG.

Pirahna Bytes is also working on a new RPG, and one of their designers mentioned a while back they were interested in the steampunk settings. Considering how quickly they got Risen finished, I'm hoping we won't have to wait too long for their new game.

-edit-
I believe Heroic Fantasy Games (Knights of the Chalice) is making a new game as well.

Konjad

Patron
Kosmonaut said:
Naked Ninja vaporware and Mitsoda zombie game.

Do they have any release dates? I mean - they seem too far from being half done and I don't want the list to be spammed by dozens of indie games that will never be released ;)

If dungeon crawlers are considered RPG's, then so should Diablo 3.
I can include that if you want. This list isn't about how few cRPGs are released these days but about what can we expect.

This list is to help people find interesting games that are going to be released, and while some are looking for mindless grinding in Diablo 3 and others wait for PST2 we can try to help them all. It's much easier to have a list and check out these titles in google than to dig in every corner of internet to find something that might interest you.

chzr

Scholar
Konjad said:
Including indie and hybrid games.
Dragon Age 2

Kosmonaut said:
There was this Czech, inquisition themed RPG (I can't remember the name).
Do you mean Inquisitor? That came out some time ago.

Destroid

Arcane
I'm surprised no-one wants to make an Exalted RPG, it's full of all that anime stuff the kids love and the experience/skill system is pretty much like Diablo 2.

The setting is pretty appropriate for an MMO also.

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Grim Dawn (9. 2010?) - diablo clone wih gunz
Pirates of the Carribean: Armada of the Damned (2011) - action RPG from Disney
E.Y.E. - cyberpunk Deus Ex-like action with RPG elements developed on Source engine (possibly vapourware)
LotR: War in the North - action RPG in Tolkien's world

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Cloaked Figure said:
[dungeon crawlers aren't RPG's at all
In before mondblut.

Back to the topic: since you added AoD without a clear release date, you might as wel add Gareth's game (Scars of War) and Coyote's (Frayed Knights, IIRC?)

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Fat Dragon said:
Pirahna Bytes is also working on a new RPG, and one of their designers mentioned a while back they were interested in the steampunk settings. Considering how quickly they got Risen finished, I'm hoping we won't have to wait too long for their new game.
I think the steampunk thing was an error in translation. On the worldofrisen forums they're calling it "RPB II" and back before Risen was officially announced they were calling it Project RPB. Makes sense for them to make as much use of those assets as possible, preferably with a 99% reduction in the lizardman population.

Spellbound, on the otherhand, does have a steampunk game called Ravensdale in the works. There's also inXile's Hunted: The Demon's Forge which is being advertised as a next current-gen "dungeon crawler"

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Sceptic said:
Back to the topic: since you added AoD without a clear release date, you might as wel add Gareth's game (Scars of War) and Coyote's (Frayed Knights, IIRC?)

In this case, also Cyclopean should be added. Probably Broken Hourglass as well (is it still alive?).

And add-on to Drakensang 2. Something called Philleason's Secret.

Cenobyte

Prophet
Radon Labs develops a 3rd Drakensang, but the exact nature of this game is still unclear. The new owner of RL, Big Point, is a huge publisher of browser games. Because of this, some people think that the next Drakensang will be a browser game, while others hope that Drasa 3 will be Big Point's entry into the world of "real" video games. Also, the next Drasa is supposedly a multi-platform title.

Then there's Magicka, a Swedish hack'n'slash coop game for PC and the Xbox. This game is published by Paradox, but the exact release date is unclear atm.

Lastly, there's Grotesque Tactics, a German indie RPG. It's some sort of parody of famous RPGs and typical cliches. It's already released here in Germany and I don't know if there will ever be an international version.

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
Eh, I think games that are only coming out this year or the next should be added to the list of "upcoming" games. Games like the ZRPG and Cyclopean I highly doubt will make it in 2011 and Scars of War seems to be so badly managed who knows when we'll ever see anything from it. AoD is the only Iron Tower game close to the finish line.

mondblut

Arcane
Cloaked Figure said:
Exactly. For me Diablo is barely even an action RPG and dungeon crawlers aren't RPG's at all,

But next gen deu sex and failure 3 addon are.
village_idiot.gif
, indeed.

mondblut said:
Cloaked Figure said:
Exactly. For me Diablo is barely even an action RPG and dungeon crawlers aren't RPG's at all,

But next gen deu sex and failure 3 addon are.
village_idiot.gif
, indeed.

The man makes a good point.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom