Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Unofficial Arcanum Patch (Original Thread)

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Drog, what is the charisma and intelligence requirements for the shape and stone quest in the Wheel Clan?

Double Ogre

Scholar
Major_Blackhart said:
Drog, what is the charisma and intelligence requirements for the shape and stone quest in the Wheel Clan?
It's IN10.

Also, please, just make an Arcanum General thread or something for such questions, this thread is for bug reports and comments/suggestions on the patch only.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Well, I thought it had been changed in the patch. I got it with my dwarf, but my half orc with INt 19 didn't get the option.

Also, I noticed that Virgil doesn't comment on the writings of the First Assassin of the molochean Hand anymore, the book you get in Stillwater in the inn. Was a change made or something?

Double Ogre

Scholar
Major_Blackhart said:
Well, I thought it had been changed in the patch. I got it with my dwarf, but my half orc with INt 19 didn't get the option.
That's impossible. There's nothing in the script that would prevent a half orc from picking the line.

Major_Blackhart said:
Also, I noticed that Virgil doesn't comment on the writings of the First Assassin of the molochean Hand anymore, the book you get in Stillwater in the inn. Was a change made or something?
Did you steal the book? The conversation doesn't trigger in that case.

Also, the changelog is there for a reason.

Kogorn

Novice
Major_Blackhart said:

I have this problem as well

Icarian

Novice
Kogorn said:
Major_Blackhart said:

I have this problem as well

I have had Virgil's comment in all of my walkthroughs with unofficial patch. Usually I have to wait for a while to trigger it (30 sec to 2 minutes). Try running around for a while.

Has the gnomish conspiracy thing been "fixed"? 'Cause it's kinda stupid, I don't appreciate the designers taking over the mind of my character because they think their conspiracy is too cool to be beaten.

Black

Arcane
There's nothing to fix about it.
Also, it leaves a nice feel that despite your awesome power-game'd lvl 50 character, there are still things that are too big for you.

foobie

Novice
There's a bug with the Half-Ogre island. No way to go back, no ship captain and the steering wheel is inactive.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Any chance we'll see a new patch with the upcoming changes in the near future? I've been thinking about replaying Arcanum and I'd really, really like for those changes to be in before I do so.

:P

Helo

Novice
I'm having a problem with the patch. I installed the patch but I dont get past the initial cinematic without a CTD. I get past the first cinematic and I get the stopwatch up in the corner but I never see the game screen itself.

The error message I get is
AppName: arcanum.exe
AppVer: 1.0.7.4
ModName: arcanum.exe
ModVer: 1.0.7.4
Offset: 000e77a6

MrManNo1

Novice
I am also having a problem with the patch.

I've installed Arcanum several times, updated to the official patch, but every time I install the UAP, the game no longer accepts keyboard/mouse input. I've tried several times, but it just doesn't seem to work. I know earlier versions of the patch worked with my game, but this one just seems to not get along very well...

EDIT: Nevermind...I fixed it. Apparently, the game was in read-only mode. I had to switch it so that my username had full control. Strange that the patch did that. I think that it might've been Trend Micro...

Angel Valis

Novice
I just installed the UAP for the first time yesterday (yes on a clean install and patch) and I can't seem to get custom backgrounds to work anymore.

I extracted gamebak.mes, effect.mes, and backgrnd.mes from the Arcanum dat files (after applying the UAP), and I added all the appropriate info to create a new background, but when I start the game and go to create a character, my custom background does not appear.

Any help with this would be appreciated. The only other things I've installed on top of the UAP are the high quality town maps and the high resolution patch.

And yes...I did make another topic on this today, and I apologize, but I really want to play again so I'm a tiny bit impatient and thought that maybe I would get a reply faster in this topic. Thank you again.

hal900x

Augur
Drog is a God. Moving on...

This isn't an issue with the patch, but it's a bug that perhaps could be fixed by it.

**MINOR SPOILERS**

My minions and I, including Perriman, go off to kill Pollock on the Crimefighting quest. I had joined the Pollock gang earlier, so I figure it'll be a cinch. But his door is locked, so I wait for a henchmen to open the door and we scoot in behind him. This tailing behind an NPC to get in a locked door is prolly what caused the issue. Anyway, once alone with Pollock I initiate combat. Perriman goes Fire Elemental. Meanwhile the Pollack boys are trying desperately to bang down the door. Once Pollack is down, Perriman is the first to the door. Now, I am not quite sure if the door is destroyed at this point. We can hit enemies outside, but they cannot get in, nor can we exit. But we can attack each other through the door's LOS. Perriman gets knocked out, and down to a sliver of health, while in elemental form. Virgil major heals him while out, and the result is:
smythestuck.jpg

We are all stuck inside (even after I manage to kill everyone and get out of combat mode) and I have to reload from save. At no point can I target the door, so I assume that it is Perriman's body blocking the exit, but it could also be a "phantom door". The one thing I didn't think to do is pump up Perriman's fatigue...too late now.

GeneralSamov

Prophet
Tried to go through the hatch and back again? Btw, by all means, try restoring the fatigue next time.
I once got 'stuck' at Gorgoth's pass (actually it was Payne, and he just wouldn't start a converstaion and neither move, not even after giving him an order through the quick menu, but he would heed the 'wait' command, so after leaving him there and leaving the pass and returning to him, he still wouldn't budge, so I had to go get him back to BR :|).

Helo

Novice
I got the patches to work :) Awesome job on the unofficial one, having Schreck's Multibarrel Pistol is AWESOME!

I've stumbled across a problem though.

I went to go find Stringy Pete...and he's not there.

The ship is there, the location is where it's supposed to be, but Pete himself is gone.

Ausdoerrt

Augur
I have a glitch with the patch - I started a new game, and when I tried combining stuff in the tech skill window, the number of items used and received was wrong. For example, I got 3 spike traps using only 1 spike and 1 spring (instead of 10); same thing happened for the first herbalist tech, and the flintlock pistol. Anyone come across this, and know how it can be fixed?

hal900x

Augur
Ausdoerrt said:
I have a glitch with the patch - I started a new game, and when I tried combining stuff in the tech skill window, the number of items used and received was wrong. For example, I got 3 spike traps using only 1 spike and 1 spring (instead of 10); same thing happened for the first herbalist tech, and the flintlock pistol. Anyone come across this, and know how it can be fixed?

Errrm...I think the number you are referring to is how high your skill in the respective tech discipline needs to be for each ingredient. It has nothing to do with how many are produced.

Double Ogre

Scholar
Helo said:
I went to go find Stringy Pete...and he's not there.

The ship is there, the location is where it's supposed to be, but Pete himself is gone.
The powergaming exploit has been removed.
The UAP Changelog said:
[F] Stringy Pete will no longer appear until either you take a look at Salty Seadrick's map or Edward Teach tells you about him.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom