Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Unepic

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
This is a thread about the game, Unepic.

Unepic is a mixture of platform game, role game and joke that takes place in a huge castle of medieval fantasy.

It is set in the eighty's style, but completed with the most actual features that makes Unepic a very complete game.

http://www.unepicgame.com/en/index.html

Why?

2011-10-15_1548.png

Metroidvania kinda stuff. Translation is quite wonky (goddamn Spaniards fail at English).

Hard, occasionally funny, old school in a good way. Give it a try.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Satan said:
so dialogues are pitiful and retarded. Next.

At least they are better than in DA2, amirite?

Haters are going to hate, the game is totally worth the $7. And the demo is pretty long as well.

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
game reminds me of Blackthorne, they should remake that

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Jaesun said:
The current trend of indies doing humorous games needs to stop. They are terrible at it.
After everyone doing shitty webcomics, now everyone does shitty webcomic-like indie games...

latexmonkeys

Augur
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
felipepepe said:
After everyone doing shitty webcomics, now everyone does shitty webcomic-like indie games...

This.

First screenshot piqued my interest, but the dialog screenshot killed it. Maybe if I'm really, really bored one day... although if I'm in the mood for a metroidvania, I'll probably just play Metroid or Castlevania.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Sometimes.

But mostly this:

sOgRV.png

Lulz. I can imagine most of the esteemed posters herein sitting through 80s and 90s, sipping tea with their top hat and monocle on, lazily skimming through the latest gaming titles. "Hrrrmph, this Larry game, its dialogue is not high brow enough for me."

Too bad the reality is that during 80s they weren't even born and during 90s they were all too busy sucking a pacifier.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Haba said:
Lulz. I can imagine most of the esteemed posters herein sitting through 80s and 90s, sipping tea with their top hat and monocle on, lazily skimming through the latest gaming titles. "Hrrrmph, this Larry game, its dialogue is not high brow enough for me."

Too bad the reality is that during 80s they weren't even born and during 90s they were all too busy sucking a pacifier.

Too bad Al Lowe wrote much better dialogue than that. Never mind the fact it was an adventure game based around some guy trying to get laid and not a platform RPG.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I grew in the 80's with stuff like Monkey Island and Sam & Max, don't tell me this "bad webcomic" writing is something even close to that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom