Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Underworld Ascendant Pre-Prototype Thread

Darkzone

Arcane
Morgoth do not despair, for a supreme evil being you should have more confidence in the Underworld. Cheer up and listen to some Death Metal like:

They will reach 550k in the next 6 - 9 days and the rest will come from the rise during the last 2-3 days.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Large pledge just came in. They might make 500,000 by the end of today.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
They'll probably make 600K which is good. No co-op or other unnecessary shit.

It will certainly be a weak success for them, but that's what they get for out-of-niche pandering.

nikolokolus

Arcane
They'll probably make 600K which is good. No co-op or other unnecessary shit.

It will certainly be a weak success for them, but that's what they get for out-of-niche pandering.

Frankly, I think they're also dealing with a certain amount of Kickstarter fatigue after some fairly high profile disappointments (Double Fine, Molyneux, et al.)

With 13 days to go and 83% of their target reached, I'm guessing they'll probably hit 750K in the flurry that always happens in the last 48 hours.

Ivan

Arcane
Never played an Ultima game. However I have played and enjoyed Thief, Shock, Deus Ex (all of which value emergent gameplay). Is this worth backing?

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Never played an Ultima game. However I have played and enjoyed Thief, Shock, Deus Ex (all of which value emergent gameplay). Is this worth backing?

I just got back from my interview with Otherside and will be writing my article all weekend. However, I will go ahead and tell you
that they sold me completely and that I WANT THIS GAME MADE!!!!!!!!!!

Darkzone

Arcane
mindx2
I really await your article, but i'm already sold to Underworld. So i want only more confirmation bias towards Underworld.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
Awesome mindx2. Those are pretty rare boxes indeed now, and well deserved. Thanks for going to meet them I can't wait for your article!

sser

Arcane
Developer
If I know my Kickstarters right, they asked for $600k but were really hoping for $1.5m+, they'll eventually get $650k, which if you carry the two and drop the remainder gives us Godus: Ascendant.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
If I know my Kickstarters right, they asked for $600k but were really hoping for $1.5m+, they'll eventually get $650k, which if you carry the two and drop the remainder gives us Godus: Ascendant.

Arvan Eleron asked precisely this question (whether they really need more money than what they're asking for) in his interview with Paul Neurath. He replied that they have more money.

Last edited:

Doctor Sbaitso

Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
To not kickstarter is to pass up a great marketing venue and the ability to define and engage your core community. There is no reason for an indie developer not to KS unless they just really aren't concerned with those things.

Doctor Sbaitso

Patron
2_20_2015_6_02_44_PM.png

almondblight

Arcane

They'll probably end up around $750k-800k, which means it will be over 10 times as good as Consortium.

Darkzone

Arcane
Backed.
Just kidding will wait for Steam Early Access a year from now.
The Force in not strong in you. The doubt from the decline side is draining your power.

They can always setup a site for continuous pledging support via paypal. Like Star Citizen or Kingdom Come. Kickstarter is the mere Proof of Concept, to build trust.
Probably they will set up a paypal account. Black sheeps will always be there, but the trust has produced something incredible, we will have successors to many games like PS:T and etc, therefore the kickstarter is a blessing for the RPG genre.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I'm sure they'll sell it from their website and later on Steam. It's not as if KS funding is the end of it. As I mentioned earlier I don't like having to pay extra for access to alpha and beta so I'll pony up the money when I'm actually able to play it. My $25 isn't going to make or break their success at this point.

almondblight

Arcane
Otherside Entertainment said:
Are you asking more about just taking the original UW1 and UW2 and updating the visuals and user interface to work well on modern PC's, but otherwise pretty much exact same games?

Otherside Entertainment said:
Ah yes. We do have the source code for UU1 and UU2, Mostly a question of getting an ok from EA. We are talking...

yaster

Liturgist
I'm sure they'll sell it from their website and later on Steam. It's not as if KS funding is the end of it. As I mentioned earlier I don't like having to pay extra for access to alpha and beta so I'll pony up the money when I'm actually able to play it. My $25 isn't going to make or break their success at this point.

Yours and 10000 other people with exactly the same thought as you. Sure won't make difference. Classic fallacy. Just say you are cheap.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom