Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Underworld Ascendant Kickstarter Update #34: Funded!

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
IIRC Larian ended up giving pretty much all of the KS exclusives to all backers (originally they were tiered just like Underworld). I'm hoping Underworld does the same.

The in-game exclusives? Well it certainly would be easier from a development standpoint, and that way you could actually balance them properly. I'd be surprised if a number of people don't kick up a shit storm if they did that though.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
There won't be a shitstorm. There wasn't with Divinity. Six months in, most backers won't even remember what they'd bought.

GlutenBurger

Cipher
There won't be a shitstorm. There wasn't with Divinity. Six months in, most backers won't even remember what they'd bought.
I could have sworn there was. Or maybe for some other game doing the same thing. I'm just going by vague memory, though, so maybe I'm inflating the importance of a couple of stray comments.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Please forgive me, that i have still pledged for the $35 Journeyman tier after their actions, but i need to see and evaluate the beta (from the technical standpoint). I feel guilty towards you, and i know it is my money and my responsibility, and i have no obligations towards you. But still, there is this principle..
Hey, you completely have my blessing. I don't think anyone did the wrong thing by pledging. Honestly, I wish these guys had made $5 million despite their chicanery, because I respect the hell out of them as game devs and I know the potential is there.

The pulling of my pledge wasn't a political statement or a judgment on anyone who did contribute. I just personally felt too dirty and grossed out to stay in the hot tub, know what I mean?

IIRC Larian ended up giving pretty much all of the KS exclusives to all backers (originally they were tiered just like Underworld). I'm hoping Underworld does the same.
The in-game exclusives? Well it certainly would be easier from a development standpoint, and that way you could actually balance them properly. I'd be surprised if a number of people don't kick up a shit storm if they did that though.

Yeah. Nobody gives a crap about keeping their exclusives exclusive. If it were an MMO it'd be different, but in a single player game, no one cares. I think it was the Wasteland 2 campaign where the high-tier backers yelled, don't make this stuff exclusive to us; give it to everybody. I know I've seen that reaction in at least 2 or 3 game campaigns.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The Wasteland 2 Kickstarter campaign never had any exclusive items. Fargo floated the idea BEFORE the campaign began. People hated it, so for the campaign he toned it down to "exclusive skill that doesn't affect game balance". For Torment they threw exclusivity out of the window entirely.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The Wasteland 2 Kickstarter campaign never had any exclusive items. Fargo floated the idea BEFORE the campaign began. People hated it, so for the campaign he toned it down to "exclusive skill that doesn't affect game balance". For Torment they threw exclusivity out of the window entirely.
Right, right. I knew the idea came up and the backers screamed NOOOO at some point. :)

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted

Yet Looking Glass 2.0...

:negative:

Darkzone

Arcane
Divinity's Kickstarter DLC costs 10 bucks: http://store.steampowered.com/app/230230/
I don't know but what do the trunks and the grail?

Right, right. I knew the idea came up and the backers screamed NOOOO at some point. :)
Yes that is how it should be.

zero29

Arbiter
the trunks talk when worn (think lilarcor), the grail can be used on armor pieces to make them more valuable

Darkzone

Arcane
the trunks talk when worn (think lilarcor), the grail can be used on armor pieces to make them more valuable
What do the trunks say? Honest i have never heard anything from them, but this also due to the fact that i have only played the first area and half of the second area, because i'm waiting for the last patches, to start the game over. And then to play it to the end.

zero29

Arbiter
they make comments on your actions (when you steal e.g.) or regarding quest outcomes iirc. i didn't really use them.

Darkzone

Arcane
they make comments on your actions (when you steal e.g.) or regarding quest outcomes iirc. i didn't really use them.
Ok i also never steal anything. So there is really nothing in the exclusives of Divinity, that makes a strong influences on the gameplay, besides perhaps the grail. I have once tried the grail on armor, but somehow it didn't work. In Underworld Bertha would be like the trunks then. I have to admit that Bertha is a better gimmick than the trunks, because for a mage that focuses on necromancy or something like that, this add value towards his flair. A necromage haunted by the souls of dead that are in dispute and love like an old couple.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
So, I'm derping around in Unity 5 since it's free now. Re-created the small part of that video "Not a Bridge! Bridge!" using rects and planes and default shapes. Only code I had to write was to launch a sphere at the "boards" (like 5 lines of code). Everything else is unity physics (PhysX) in action with rigidbodies.

10 minutes.

So lame.

They spent more time on the textures (maybe, unless they got them from the asset store) than to write that "simulation".

Zep--

Weasel
Wait, so then CyberP contributed the only external funding to the project?

Hope they make it modder friendly, least they can do.

Melan

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! I helped put crap in Monomyth
If it is so easy to throw a game together in Unity, that's great. Someone should do it, add some kind of simple rule system, and release it along with the editing tools. Let's see a hundred people building dungeon levels with them.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
Fraps is easy, but okay.

Doing what they did is easier than me figuring out Fraps or OBS.

I'm going to go look at the spider bridge shit right now for a sec...coz i think...

Ok, they didn't even use "hinge joints" on the bridge (maybe 5-10 minutes to hook that shit to the bridge). They just destroyed a block or whatever and let PhyX handle the rest.

Hinge joints (again, NO EXTRA CODE) would make the bridge more realistic (sways, bends and shit should you walk on it, or blow it up).

NO EXTRA CODE..Just attach the shit in inpector! Fucking unbelievable.

Buncha idiots working with Unity who don't really know how to work with Unity to make something look good.

Zep--

Weasel
Looking forward to playing your game Zep.

But can you guarantee you won't get stuck on 1.00001 bugs?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom