Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Underrail Dev Log #37: The Institute of Tchort, and other upcoming updates

torpid

Liturgist
Underrail news day is always a good day.

No hyperbole: Most days I'm just logging in to see if there's an Underrail update.

8685.jpg

What's amazing is that this game is still only 8 euros. I think Styg is a monk or something

Korron

Cipher
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I've watched this from afar because I want to play the finalized version, but god damn this looks like it may just be the next classic in a long time. I hope that's not hyperbole.

Makes me think Vogel needs to update his art assets.

Last edited:

snoek

Cipher
Can't wait to play this game. I bought it somewhere last year & decided to wait until it was done.

Styg

Stygian Software
Developer
I'm gonna time the release of the book with the full release of Underrail, no way I'm letting it out of the book. :)

That reminds me I haven't written that piece I've promised. I haven't forgotten, I've just consciously ignored it because laziness. :oops:

hiver

I'm gonna time the release of the book with the full release of Underrail, no way I'm letting it out of the book. :)
Learning from George Martin i see...

-
:p

Last edited by a moderator:

Zeronet

Learned
I,ve played it before it was on steam and it was enjoyable, liked the crafting.

The graphics are just fine, enjoyable even. Better than that recent Inxile game which went 3d and looked generic and dated for it.

GloomFrost

Arcane
I,ve played it before it was on steam and it was enjoyable, liked the crafting.

The graphics are just fine, enjoyable even. Better than that recent Inxile game which went 3d and looked generic and dated for it.
Even cheap 2d looks hell of a lot better then cheap 3d (Shadowrun, The Banner Saga). Good 2d looks HELL OF A LOT better then anything (Pillars of Eternity, Stasis, Torment:Tides of Numenera). Also dont forget forget about recent HD editions of cult classics like Balders Gates, IceWind Dale and the Age of Empires 2. They still look damn good.

Awakened_Yeti

Arcane
Developer
Hi everyone - Im doing the music for Underrail.. and I have been working hard to help build even more atmosphere into this game

you guys will be very pleased when it is complete

Athelas

Arcane
I should communicate in confrontational one-liners more often. It looks like it pays off.

As much as the later areas in the game look awesome, the initial zones needs some work to look on par, and not only visually but in terms of content.
He said in his developer roadmap last time he's finishing the content and then going back and bringing the beginning areas up to that level. Considering how development has gone, I'm not shocked in the difference of quality at the moment, nor would I hold it against the game, as long as it's fixed (which I have every confidence it will be).

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Hi everyone - Im doing the music for Underrail.. and I have been working hard to help build even more atmosphere into this game

Do you have a Soundcloud account by chance? I like to follow video game composers on there.

Awakened_Yeti

Arcane
Developer

Do you have a Soundcloud account by chance? I like to follow video game composers on there.

yes, https://soundcloud.com/invisible-acropolis

I also did the music for NEO Scavenger, so you can find one of those tracks on that page as well

i'll put together a small montage preview of some of the Underrail stuff, and i'll post it in the next day or so

epeli

Arcane
Man, these news threads always have something interesting.

I also did the music for NEO Scavenger, so you can find one of those tracks on that page as well

i'll put together a small montage preview of some of the Underrail stuff, and i'll post it in the next day or so

Definitely looking forward to it! The old drone ambient Underrail had was perfectly fitting in its own way, but your music takes it to a whole new level. :salute:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA

Thank you followed. LOVE the work you did on NEO Scavenger. :salute:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom