Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Ubisoft Rapes Again - Panzer General Online

spectre

Arcane
Not sure if it's old news,
Anyways, to this day I thought myself untouchable by tentacles of decline. Then I stumbled upon this:
http://cf.panzergeneral.com/en-GB

Yes, it's Ubisoft. Yes, it's online, Yes, the "cinematic trailer" is so full of fail and so un-panzereneral-ey that I genuinely wept when it played. To add insult to injury, they added card game mechanics to the mix. Not even the nostaligia factor of seeing Blue Byte mentioned in the opening credits will make me get anywhere near this.

Of course, no details as to the game mechanics, but I don't expect much of it.
There are some screenshots down below showing "glorious" battlefields of 3 x 8 hexes (hey, I should be glad there's hexes, right?).
Souls braver than I can apply for the closed beta.

Last edited:

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Cool trailer, obviously made to appeal to old-school wargamers.

From the pictures it looks to be more of a card game than a wargame though. Might still be good.

Boxer

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
E4lGDBa.jpg

knightley

Educated
Hmmm, I though Ubi went bankrupt... :what:

Bluebyte was once one of the best strategy game studio though, History Line, Battle Isle, Ambermoon... Well, people who made those games are long gone and all left is the brand.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Scanners is always appropriate.

20120914120348!Exploding-head.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom