Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tyranny + Bastard's Wound Expansion Thread

Iznaliu

Arbiter
"After the end" doesn't mean it continues the game's storyline. It probably just means they let you continue playing in the new areas while the consequences of the main plot are sort of ignored, like the post-endgame of a Bethesda RPG.

I have a feeling that the main storyline will have no effect whatsoever. Don't ask why.

Sannom

Augur
Matt MacLean is now game director for both DLCs. There is no sequel plans yet so what's Brian Heins doing?
He's probably got a non-director job on another project. As for the DLCs, Josh Sawyer wasn't the director on most of the New Vegas DLC either.

"After the end" doesn't mean it continues the game's storyline. It probably just means they let you continue playing in the new areas while the consequences of the main plot are sort of ignored, like the post-endgame of a Bethesda RPG.
If we can indeed play it after the end, I wouldn't be surprised if only the DLC areas were available, with a few characters changing depending on the main ending of the game. After all, the new region is supposed to be free of Kyros' people.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
There is a new main path with this Bastards Wound DLC: loyal to Kayros. This is really interesting.

:bounce:

Last edited:

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
https://www.paradoxplaza.com/tyranny---bastards-wound/TYTY01ESK0000002.html

MAIN FEATURES
A Refuge from Kyros: Players will explore an all-new section of the world, centered around an illegal settlement of those who have fled the devastation of the war. What sentence will you mete out to the stragglers?

Companion Quests: Learn more about the history and personality of Verse, Barik, and Lantry, in new quests and interactions to earn their loyalty or enmity.

Loyalty and Service: Bastard’s Wound will arrive alongside a free update to Tyranny, including new voice-acting, expanded content in the game’s third act, and an all-new path to an unseen ending. What fate awaits those who remain truly loyal to Kyros?

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
https://www.paradoxplaza.com/tyranny---bastards-wound/TYTY01ESK0000002.html

MAIN FEATURES
A Refuge from Kyros: Players will explore an all-new section of the world, centered around an illegal settlement of those who have fled the devastation of the war. What sentence will you mete out to the stragglers?

Companion Quests: Learn more about the history and personality of Verse, Barik, and Lantry, in new quests and interactions to earn their loyalty or enmity.

Loyalty and Service: Bastard’s Wound will arrive alongside a free update to Tyranny, including new voice-acting, expanded content in the game’s third act, and an all-new path to an unseen ending. What fate awaits those who remain truly loyal to Kyros?
con content confirmed. it should have been in the game

paradox entertainment

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Sounds like the loyal path will be part of the update, not the DLC. Hopefully it's more fleshed out than the player getting killed via cutscene because you became too powerful and there can be absolutely no way to reconcile that, ever.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
The "loyal to Kyros" path will probably end up bad for the player just to troll all the people who requested it.

But that's all right, honorable samurai would commit seppuku on command if that is what was ordered by their shogun.

Sentinel

Arcane
Is there an ending where you ally with Tunon?

That's the one I'd have gone for if I hadn't dropped this shit game.

Sentinel

Arcane
I was going to post and clarify that my question was meant for the base game, as I had heard in the past that you were forced to fight Tunon regardless, but since I never finished the game, I wasn't sure.

But then I gave up.

Rev

Arcane
I was going to post and clarify that my question was meant for the base game, as I had heard in the past that you were forced to fight Tunon regardless, but since I never finished the game, I wasn't sure.

But then I gave up.
You're not forced to fight him, you confront him and depending on your previous choices and your relationship with him (at least, I think the outcome is determined by that) he either attacks you or swear fealty to you.
Same goes for the other Archons, but you cannot gain the loyalty of all of them in a single playthrough, since some are mutually exclusive.

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
The "loyal to Kyros" path will probably end up bad for the player just to troll all the people who requested it.

That's what I'm assuming as well. Every path in the base game ends with you as an enemy to Kyros, as if to set up a sequel where you fight her. So probably either you're somehow forced into that same position during the loyalty route too or something happens (i.e. death) that invalidates that character for a possible save transfer.

Quillon

Arcane

But then I gave up.
You're not forced to fight him, you confront him and depending on your previous choices and your relationship with him (at least, I think the outcome is determined by that) he either attacks you or swear fealty to you.
Same goes for the other Archons, but you cannot gain the loyalty of all of them in a single playthrough, since some are mutually exclusive.

That was actually strange, I only played the rebel path and from what I remember
I repeatedly gained Tunon's wrath throughout the game but somehow convinced him in the final convo.

If there will be a sequel/continuation of the story it'll be strange him being under our command.

Last edited:

Rev

Arcane

But then I gave up.

That was actually strange, I only played the rebel path and from what I remember
I repeatedly gained Tunon's wrath throughout the game but somehow convinced him in the final convo.

If there will be a sequel/continuation of the story it'll be strange him being under our command.
I had a good relationship with him and he swore fealty to me. Maybe it has more to do with some previous choice or what you say to him, and not the relationship you have with him. I was with the Disfavored, btw.
Guess it's just another thing they should've done better.

Quillon

Arcane
It was like I convinced him that what I was doing "rebelling" was the right/just thing to do & him being Archon of Justice etc. I thought if there wouldn't be any other option then fighting it should be in this path(or I guess in players' own bloody path) which lead to my surprise when he said something like "I find you [long pause] innocent".

So am I hearing it right? That there is no way not to oppose Kyros? Really?

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I went the Rebel path and had a really tough time trying to convince Tunon to join me. Used the opportunities to gain favor I've noticed. I've explored all the conversation branches and there was maybe 1 single path, which after companion optimization (needed their support as well and didn't have maxed favor with all), let me convince him.

Quillon

Arcane
Well, I thought working for Scarlet/Disfavored would essentially be working for Kyros but in different manners.

And it came to me now.
Actually my favor was high & wrath was low with Tunon. But how I gained those favors was from basically lying to people about what I was actually doing; deceiving Tunon all game long and in the final conversation hitting him with truth repeatedly and voila! He's serving me while I was expecting him to try to punish me for all the lies. Sweet sweet lies.

Also I remember how exploitable favor/wrath & loyalty/fear system was with the fact that we can do this to Tunon and that we can gain very high loyalty with Barik by lying to him whole act 1 long(on Rebel path) and not loose any favor/loyalty in both cases when they learn the truth. Tho I think Barik did gain major or so fear but no loss of loyalty. There were other cases also, gaining wrath with Graven Ashe didn't lower loyalty with him etc. Either I don't understand this system or they named them wrong(as opposites). And now that I wrote it, I guess I'm prolly wrong somehow :P

Iznaliu

Arbiter
Every path in the base game ends with you as an enemy to Kyros, as if to set up a sequel where you fight her. So probably either you're somehow forced into that same position during the loyalty route too or something happens (i.e. death) that invalidates that character for a possible save transfer.

Possible resolutions:
  • Reveal: You are Kyros and you have a split personality.
  • Two sequels, which both contradict each other in lore and have different design elements.
  • It sets up the story for a freemium mobile game.
  • The sequel has been canceled so they could create the update.
  • Your loyalty to Kyros turns out to be irrelevant.
  • The "sequel" is actually a prequel.
  • Kyros is actually a puppet of some other person/force.
  • Kyros is actually a false identity and you dealt with an imposter.
  • You accidentally trip over Kyros, resulting in your death.
  • You accidentally trip over Kyros, resulting in Kyros' death.
  • Kyros ignores your decisions.
  • Kyros is not featured in the sequel.

Quillon

Arcane
Its a man named Carlos, spoken by some little brat who can barely speak in a pivotal moment so it stuck as Kyros.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Holy fuck you couldn't stay loyal to Kyros in this game? Maybe the game will be fine after Paradox releases 15 more DLC.

It's difficult to stay loyal to a person who wants you dead without killing yourself to prove your loyalty. :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom