Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News TSI's Seven Dragon Saga CRPG website revealed, confirmed to be crowdfunded

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Seven Dragon(s) Lah

m_s0

Arcane
Having a combat prototype at this stage, or doing it in a few weeks, would be plain unrealistic. Look at all the problems with combat in the PoE beta that people are reporting, and consider how long it's been in development. I'm actually not really sure having a combat demo ever significantly helped any KS campaign in terms of funding.

I'd just like them to describe their vision in detail, and create the impression of having thought about the kind of game they'd really like to make. It was the absence of any of that that was Shaker's downfall, imho.
Serpent in the Staglands being able to show a working tech demo contributed to me believing they could make the game.

I don't think they need a playable demo, but something to show would be nice.
Hopefully they have something to show considering that
While we’ve quietly been working for several months, it’s still early in the overall scheme of things, so please be patient as we role out assets and additional details for what we have planned.

getter77

Augur
I reckon it has a fair chance depending on the funding scope they are shooting for---perhaps they'll try some sort of interwoven pitch that deal with both the game outright and the P&P system behind it? Stepping out there with an interesting cRPG and, ideally, an OGL-ish ruleset(you can't go wrong with a hopeful modern FRUA digital and otherwise!) with good aspirations would have to garner some positive attention on top of being a distinguishing aspect versus the rest.

Also helps that some insane money flows on KS in the P&P side of it, though a hearty portion of that is miniature derived.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom