Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Transport Fever announcement from Trains Fever devs.

Perkel

Arcane
Yoooooo !!! Fucking excelent news. I spend more than 70 hours in Trains Fever

Hitoshura

Educated
Maybe wrong place to ask this question but how Train Fever compares to (Open) Transport Tycoon Deluxe?

Perkel

Arcane
Maybe wrong place to ask this question but how Train Fever compares to (Open) Transport Tycoon Deluxe?

They are comparable. Imo Train Fever is more fun because it treats passangers as people not commodity.

In OTTD passangers don't know where they are going. Bus takes them in and unloads them at nearest stop. OTTD then later introduced "hack" in options to make some calculations where passangers might want to go but this is more like bandaid than fixing problem as passangers do not have again destination. they may choose station a or b but they can't choose c because to get to C they would need to switch trains at some point.

Train Fever is only game i know what does that for now and imo for that reason alone is better.
Aside from that it is really fun and it isn't only about trains.

rezaf

Cipher
Train Fever is only game i know what does that for now and imo for that reason alone is better.
Aside from that it is really fun and it isn't only about trains.

I thought specific destinations for goods (including passengers and mail) were the unique selling point of Simutrans?

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
This looks really interesting. But is there really a challengin, interesting economy behind it? Somehow the games look like model railroad plate simulators.

Burning Bridges

My Train "Fever" lasted only 10 minutes :lol:
I dunno what it is but there is something unmistakeably German about this game, that it is very well made but very boring. It's more like building your own model railway than playing a tycoon game, not that this is particularly bad but maybe a completely different genre.

Perkel

Arcane
Try it more.
It is really fun game but 10 minutes is simply to little to get grip on it.
Don't start with trains at the beggining. Just focus on road type transport to get feel for game.

Once you understand how products flow to cities, how passanger transport works start building train connections.

Watching city grow when you give it proper transportation system is really fun thing.

Burning Bridges

I was just kidding mostly. It just did not blew me away, but it looks like decent autist fun.

Direwolf

Arcane
Buggy piece of shit. I am not sure if it was ever like that in Train Fever, but things just break all the time. Trains decide to stop, stations not getting goods. The kinda shit that should've been fixed years ago. Uninstalled it already. Got it for free.

Burning Bridges

Seems to be the consensus from the Steam reviews. The game was rushed, should have been Early Access and an addon to Train Fever.

Would not be too hard on them because if only 2 guys do large games like this this is what you can expect. Doesn't keep them from demanding premium prices though.

I think I will check back in some months, a year maybe. Still need to play Train Fever which sits on my harddisk forever.

Turjan

Arcane
Buggy piece of shit. I am not sure if it was ever like that in Train Fever, but things just break all the time. Trains decide to stop, stations not getting goods. The kinda shit that should've been fixed years ago. Uninstalled it already. Got it for free.
I have the game already, but I'm playing something else at the moment, so I haven't touched it yet.

Train Fever was mostly bug-free, or to put it differently, I never encountered any bugs. Trains stopping was usually an error on the user side, because you had to think about where to put your signals and where not*. After a while you get the hang of this. I didn't have any issues with goods in Train Fever, either, but this has been changed in Transport Fever, so I'll have to see whether there's any truth to the reports. Most common user issue in Train Fever was the misunderstanding that you set up the first leg of your transport chain and then expect something to happen, as the system was completely demand-based.

But as I said, I first have to look for myself.

*To elaborate, my first error was not placing enough signals. With switches and diamonds, occupied track units can become quite large. After that initial issue, I made the mistake to place too many signals. The biggest clusterfucks happened when I let trains proceed to a point where there was no way for them to pass anymore ahead. You have to think these setups through for a moment. Also, you have to use the one-way signal function to make it work in some situations, like a double-tracked curve with diamonds on both ends (trains will always choose the shortest route). You can also set waypoints, like when you want to assign a specific station track.

Last edited:

Direwolf

Arcane
Train stopping issue was not related to the signals. It happened to me on a straight line. Train was going back and forth on it for ages and then just stopped. Wouldn't budge. I noticed late and just sent it to the depot and back out and it fixed it.

Thane Solus

Arcane
Improved but still bad, its more like an overpriced addon. They improved lots of things but has the same problem as with the previous. The industry its still a fucking mess, not many signals for trains, airplanes are a bit bugged, UI is worse than anything, music is fucking horrible compared to the Train Fever, it made go back and play some OpentTTD.

It seems very rushed, more like a cash grab. And they made enough money with the first, so ... ding! ding! wake up!

To make it even more retarded, now to make a industry chain work, you have to develop all of it to start the production and you get no info about it, many refunded the game or gave it a bad rating because they didnt knew that, thought its a bug, similar to the first one.

It has no soul, the only good thing is the way you can develop cities with the chains of industry, but overall it doesnt worth more than 9.99$. Of course that didnt stop them to sell 50k easyly with a bugged, broken design game. And that fucking map with no edges, looks like a hobby project in Unity...

When you see Perkel beeing excited about a game, 90% its vaporware.

Perkel

Arcane
I was excited because Train Fever is awesome game. Didn't expect it will be buggy mess (which TF wasn't).

I am yet to play it though. I have other games on my mind currently.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
So OpenTTD is still the only transport game ? this is -20% currently

Severian Silk

Too bad they can't somehow mix OpenTTD and X-COM into one game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom