Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Total overhaul mods for Doom, Half Life 1 etc.

Ermm

Erudite
I am in mood for some nice overhaul's for classic FPS's (for single player purposes of course), anyone can help me to update my txt. file?

There were also other cool mods (most of them unavailable via youtube):

Mario Quake (or Quake Mario) - played it a lot back in the day, only 1 level though

Quake: Chapter Honour - Warhammer 40K Total Conversion, unfortunately only demo is available because modders intended to make full mod commercial product so Games Workshop crushed them

Duke Nukem 3D - Men in Black, Starship Troopers

Quake 2 - Basketball, The Awakening

Last edited:

iqzulk

Augur
Sorry for going offtopic for a little bit, but I have a kind of tangent request. Even two really.

1) I am seeking for something like a difficulty rebalance (with changed item spawns, enemy spawns, damage modifiers, etc. - maybe even some infinite monster spawns forcing you to traverse the area as quickly as you can) for vanilla campaign of Half-Life, which would basically turn it into murderously difficult survival horror material with counting every single bullet and every single hitpoint, running from monsters on multiple occasions and NOT exploring every single nook and cranny unless you absolutely have to. Is there anything like that at all?

2) Is there anything that would de-hitscanize pistol, magnum, shotgun and assault rifle (both for player AND the marines/assassins/guards) turning the projectiles into actual finite speed bullets/pellets (even if still really fast and barely avoidable)? Again the request concerns vanilla HL1 exclusively.

I've forgotten about diz one, ladies and gentlemen SuperDuper Quake!

Unfortunately it requires Darkplaces so u'll suffer from slowdowns during open area battles unless u have powerful PC.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom