Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Pre-Release Thread [ALPHA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Zeriel

Arcane
I look at this game with a cautious interest.

My interest is less cautious, but I am concerned they will go the "weird fantasy" instead of "weird sci-fi" route. Not that that will make me hate the game--I'll just enjoy it a little less than I would have were it more straight-up sci-fi.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Fuck fantasy, fuck sci-fi. I want them to play up the "weird shit you've never seen before" part.

Rake

Arcane
I thought the whole point was for these two to be indistinguishable from each other.
Although Book of the New Sun was more "Fantasy with shi-fi elements" than "shi-fi with fantasy elements" for me

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
Chris Avellone said:
As far as interference-from-above goes, we probably could have used more than we had - like Fallout, Torment was sort of under the radar for a while, and the producer role changed several times over the course of the project. Brian Fargo was mostly hands off, except to complement us on the writing, and give me a pretty stern lecture (deservedly) about the localization costs for the game.

Also: "Complement." Some writer.

He means that Fargo complemented the writing with his own.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What's the last real scifi RPG ever released? (by real I mean party-based, top down, non-action, etc)

Shadenuat

Arcane
Somebody should just pre-order the book and make a lets-read Numenera out of it, then we'll know everything :?

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
On one hand you have faggots that bitch about coupling mechanism in the Wasteland 2 trains. On the other hand we have another annoying faggot bitching about whether the game is Sci-Fi or Fantasy. Good to see well placed priorities! :thumbsup:

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
I just want a sci-fi RPG :(

I was doodling a sci-fi RPG once, as my own little project. Small-scope retro RPG with callbacks to the Golden Age of sci fi writing, space adventures, set in an orbiting nuclear missile satellite. Never got very far though

I do too, but that can be Fargo's 3rd blockbuster KS (and turn based).

Wouldn't that be Bard's Tale IV tho? He could use the recently released video as a "this is what a publisher would do" and then a "but this is what we'll do :yeah:"

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Bard's Tale 4 would probably cause butthurt on the Codex due to GENERIC BLAND FANTASY SETTING.

He'd probably find a way to combine it with the 2004 snarky Bard, too. Which would actually be nice.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Is it true that Fargo is delaying Bard's Tale IV because he's scared to compete with Grimoire? Don't lie to us Brother None.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Him now owning the copyright to it would make sense.

But I want a fucking space ship and fucking pew pew lazar guns and turn based combat dammiit

:(

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom