Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Pre-Release Thread [ALPHA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
So, how can this game be slated for 2015 when they're still taking pledges and they're still not releasing beta? Torment 2019 anyone?
It was already moved to early 2016.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Updaaaaaaaaaaaate: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/torment-tides-of-numenera/posts/1290576

This evening we’re doing an all studio party to celebrate our recent successes in crowdfunding and production as Torment is making great progress, Bard’s Tale IV achieved its funding goal, and the Wasteland 2 Director’s Cut is in a good state to hit its late summer release. We’ll be streaming this party live from 4pm to 6pm Pacific on the Twitch channel of famous streamer Quill. As part of the stream we wanted to present our fans with more on our ongoing projects Wasteland 2: Director’s Cut and Torment: Tides of Numenera. The Director’s Cut will be live-streamed for the first time!

As for Torment, Lead Area Designer George Ziets, our Lead Animator Josh Jertberg (both also in the fist-bump photo above) and our Crisis Design Lead Jeremy Kopman will each talk during this live stream. We won’t be showing the game in action but George will share some about Sagus Cliffs (minor spoilers), Josh will talk about our root motion animation, and Jeremy will talk systems design. So be sure to tune in about three hours from now!

Torment world map:

4eb0d575c82bd82cf1d8bef80d7805a9_original.jpg

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Here's the whole thing:

George Ziets, Josh Jertberg and Jeremy Kopman Talk on Live Stream
Posted by inXile entertainment
TL;DR
: live streaming Torment talk; Asylum art; progress on physical map

Thomas here.

Our creative lead Colin McComb was in the office again in the flesh (he is always with us in spirit, of course). You may have seen this amusing photo from a Sagus Cliffs story session or his cameo at the end of the Bard’s Tale IV infomercial. But fist-bumps aside, it was a very productive visit as we continue to make great progress on our number one focus, the opening areas of the game.

This evening we’re doing an all studio party to celebrate our recent successes in crowdfunding and production as Torment is making great progress, Bard’s Tale IV achieved its funding goal, and the Wasteland 2 Director’s Cut is in a good state to hit its late summer release. We’ll be streaming this party live from 4pm to 6pm Pacific on the Twitch channel of famous streamer Quill. As part of the stream we wanted to present our fans with more on our ongoing projects Wasteland 2: Director’s Cut and Torment: Tides of Numenera. The Director’s Cut will be live-streamed for the first time!

As for Torment, Lead Area Designer George Ziets, our Lead Animator Josh Jertberg (both also in the fist-bump photo above) and our Crisis Design Lead Jeremy Kopman will each talk during this live stream. We won’t be showing the game in action but George will share some about Sagus Cliffs (minor spoilers), Josh will talk about our root motion animation, and Jeremy will talk systems design. So be sure to tune in about three hours from now!

a3a1a72bf9112c4c5191df4f903bfc97_original.jpg

Asylum by Chang Yuan
Physical Progress
While the game is being crafted, we are of course also working on the creation and delivery processes for physical goods. One of the things we really hope to knock out of the park was the cloth map, taking lessons from recent cloth maps from other games. We had Numenera mapmaker Christopher West draw out the map based on our design, and we are scouting for materials and printing processes that would get the best results. Here is a glimpse of the world map, work-in-progress:

4eb0d575c82bd82cf1d8bef80d7805a9_original.jpg

In the News
And finally, we have one interview to share: Kevin Saunders and Adam Heine talked to Red Bull Games, discussing a wide variety of topics including the setting, Tides, Crises, skill system and more.

Thank you,
Thomas Beekers

Brother None please... PLEASE get a solid material for the map. Ultima quality is what I'm hoping for because the Wasteland 2 map was not the best, to say the least.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Brother None please... PLEASE get a solid material for the map. Ultima quality is what I'm hoping for
That's the intent. Ultima is the oft-cited golden standard, and one among our number had a bunch of them, so we're using that for reference. No promises because it's early stages still, but definitely hopeful we can deliver something with a satisfying material quality.

Weasel
Beekers has truly sold out now. Never thought I'd see him describe brofists as "fist-bumps". Sad, very sad.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Seriously though, the map looks awfully generic fantasy compared to the art and environments we've seen until now.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
No newspost for this one.

Europe-satellite-001.jpg

Looks generic fantasy

It's Earth. It's not supposed to look like the Death Star.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Yeah... Guess I was expecting some regions to be more colorful given the glowing environments. But maybe they're small regions and not visible from afar. Or maybe the Numenera map style isn't really fitting with the art style.

Edit: What Excidium II said.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Yeah... Guess I was expecting some regions to be more colorful given the glowing environments. But maybe they're small regions and not visible from afar. Or maybe the Numenera map style isn't really fitting with the art style.

Edit: What Excidium II said.
InXile does a way better job at selling the setting's visuals than the original authors do, I'm p. sure if they had their own artists make the map it would look a lot better

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Yeah, aside from a couple of art pieces, Numenera's art was nothing special, and the character art was even cringe-worthy at times.

Fry

Arcane
They're apparently streaming through wifi or something. It's been pretty terrible.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I was in time to see a some concept art of some areas and they explained a few ideas about those locations. Don't know how much I missed exactly, so maybe there was more.

Then they tried to show root motion running animations, but couldn't, although they did manage to explain the idea behind the system.

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
In regards to the world map: Since it only has one major area in it I'm reserving reservations, also, any idea where geographically it takes place?

Ivan

Arcane
Ziets is one scary looking whiteman

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom