Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Pre-Release Thread [ALPHA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Well we didn't quite get there, but weren't too far off. I'm optimistic we'll get *something*

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
They should just keep the crowdfunding open, like Star Citizen and get more and more money.

They should just keep the crowdfunding open, like Star Citizen and get more and more money.
Oh yeah, definitely, I can picture it:
Pledge 599,99$ and receive exclusive, limited luxury item — Jack's Lingerie Of Infinite Torment! Comes in various Trendiest Colors! Plus 100 points to every Tide! Misery and Anguish Never Been So Sexy Before!

Pledge now to support the development and receive further exclusive items (*) and a subscription to Torment magazine, featuring exclusive content from industry's finest! Including the access to breathtaking concept art and exclusive work-in-progress gameplay footage!

Earn your right to participate in the development process: offer us crucial feedback! Cast your vote now, and prove that one's life matters!

(*) including a custom backer-only Tortured Loincloth — can also be used as a towel!

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Gullet Stretch Goal Ended
Funding for the Gullet stretch goal has ended, and despite an impressive end push (including $750 from a certain Kevin Saunders as well as a certain Colin McComb) we fell short by about $33K. Thanks for the valiant effort, we’ll have more word later!

Weasel
It'll be in. No way they'd want the downer of announcing the Gullet is scrapped. Instead they can come across as bros and include it anyway.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I wonder if they could use possible wasteland 2 profits to cover the rest if they truly need the money and this whole thing asn't to just bait us to pledge more. (If it was, they got me!)

garren

Arcane
Patron
I don't really see how 33k is a problem for InXile. If they were some small indie studio, sure, but InXile is way too big right now to say "sorry it's not happening". Sheesh I mean, cmon, keep the donations open or something so you can gain back the money as time goes by.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
are there two of them? I have Hiro Protagonist II on steam.
Ah, not exactly what I meant. ;)

The protagonist is the aptly named Hiro Protagonist, whose business card reads "Last of the freelance hackers and Greatest swordfighter in the world." When Hiro loses his job as a pizza delivery driver for the Mafia, he meets a streetwise fifteen-year old girl nicknamed Y.T. (short for Yours Truly), who works as a skateboard Kourier (courier), and they decide to become partners in the intelligence business (selling data to the CIC, the for-profit organization that evolved from the CIA's merger with the Library of Congress).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snow_Crash

Darkzone

Arcane
Yes certainly they will say: people we have reached 86% of the goal, but this is not 100%. So we cannot give you a Gullet in T:ToN, because we don't have the $33k. So in other words for those people who contributed extra money for the Gullet: "F... you!" :roll:
In their current situation they have only one good option: to give us the Gullet, be bros, have also additional advertising and have a positive reputation from this move.

mastroego

Arcane
I wonder if there are even potential buyers left, other than me.

(I did pledge but only 5$ as I was using a PREpaid card and had nor the time nor the will to go and replenish it, so that was what was available. On the other hand that bought me nothing, not even a discount on the finished product, so it amounted to a donation)

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
They could say that it's not enough money to put the Gullet into the base game, but enough to justify a cheap $4.99 launch DLC.

BGMD

Learned
I suggest they give us 86% of the Gullet.

P8tBnMK.jpg

Hope I didn't cut any vital parts. :troll:

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
The money they're asking for is actually worth a lot more than The Gullet. It's probably enough for another full time Environment Artist + ObamaCare or something.

ZoddGuts

Augur
Weird that they decided not to do an extension time period for pledging, they would've eventually hit their goal in one more month.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Think it's pretty funny how Larian ended up cutting stretch goal features and content they ended up actually meeting, and here you guise are saying that inXile should just include this stuff anyway despite coming up short.

Darkzone

Arcane
Think it's pretty funny how Larian ended up cutting stretch goal features and content they ended up actually meeting, and here you guise are saying that inXile should just include this stuff anyway despite coming up short.
Roguey let me answer this. DOS has not the footprint of Torment in the history of cRPGs. Larian was excused because of DC, while inXile has trained on W2. Therefore inXile has no excuses, and the claim for cutting parts out of the game, by lacking the 31.6k on the date 16th of October would be a bad advertisement for inXile. Also to add is that Larian has cut parts which are story wise not so important like the Mega Dungeon, but the lack of the Day and Night cycle really hurts. And you guessed correctly that this is a extreme workload for Larian.
The Gullet is part of the Bloom and while it seems not so important it offers possibilities like meeting the half digested Artaglio, and change the fate you have condemned him to.
To add some pathos or to sound pathetic (i always confuse this two things):
Cutting parts out of T:ToN is like cutting out parts of flesh of a living being, every cut is painful and a torment for the vision of T:ToN. And only this vision as a whole can master to dethrone PS as the most fantastic cRPG.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
anonymous said: Now that there are "only" 217k (out of the targeted 250k) at disposal - is the Gullet still going to make it?

gziets: Since we didn’t hit the stretch goal, the Gullet is still [C] priority. That means we’re not planning to implement it. But if we have extra time/budget available later, it’ll still be on the list of things we could add to the game.​

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What for? Those people knew they weren't pledging to a Kickstarter. I doubt you'll see many complaints. Especially since plenty of them probably used the money to buy alpha/beta access after the impressive gameplay video.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom