Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tomb Raider 1-3 free remasters coming to Steam - LOL CANCELLED

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/03/10/tomb-raider-games-are-getting-free-remasters-on-steam/

Tomb Raider games are getting free remasters on Steam

By Brock Wilbur on March 10th, 2018 at 11:16 pm

6353c6275959ba0835edec7d70fa3ed1-650-80.jpg

With a new Tomb Raider film about to hit theaters, the world is ripe for some Lara Croft nostalgia. Here to fill that void we have some delightful remaster news: the first three Tomb Raider games are getting made-up really pretty, and they’ll be free for gamers who own the originals. The reason why, however, might surprise you.

The new 3D engine was with a better looking post process for better lights and shadow, which can be turned on or off if you prefer a legacy texture pack. This also adds support for Xbox controllers and a number of DLC packs.

Check out the latest videos from the team here, with a promise that there will be a Tomb Raider 3 reveal in the coming months.

Realtech VR has announced that it will release remastered versions of Tomb Raider 1, 2 and 3 on Steam. These remasters will be based on the mobile versions, will support OpenVR, will feature a new 3D engine, and will be free to all owners of these games. Got all that? Realtech has made remasters that require the DOS version of each game on steam.

Realtech is known for making demos and mobile ports, so this seems both in their wheelhouse but also very new territory for that team.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I see TR2 have Golden Mask included.
No info about TR1 or TR3 tho. Does it have mobile port? I don't have phone for mobile trash so dunno.

Egosphere

Arcane
I know TR2 is regarded by many as the pinnacle of the old psx pentology, but my interest in the series waned after the first one. TR1 was awesome: varied settings, ancient tombs, isolationism that borders on survival horror in the last chapter. TR2 had ridiculous amounts of combat against bandits, some of the settings were shit ( remember the offshore rig? ) and it just tried to do too much too quickly. The other that followed never even matched TR2.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
The games are getting "remasters" on Steam for free if you own them, based on the Android versions (controls and interface are to remain the same)

Ash

Arcane
Release the source code dammit. Even some small easy changes could result in major improvements to these old classics.

Ocelot

Learned
Haven't played a single TR game but it's nice to see older games getting updates, especially since this remaster doesn't radically change how the game looks like.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
Great news because the original games truly needed a "remaster" on PC. The old and GOG versions are a pain in the ass to fix and play, the easiest solution is playing them on a PSX emulator.

Athos

Arcane
Isn't TR: Anniversary a remaster of the first one already with better graphics?

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
Great news because the original games truly needed a "remaster" on PC. The old and GOG versions are a pain in the ass to fix and play, the easiest solution is playing them on a PSX emulator.
Cough:
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...u-wasting-time-on.50372/page-418#post-5350097
End cough!

I managed to config properly both TR2 and 3 with some shenaningans according to this:

https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Tomb_Raider_II

But still having troubles with the cinematics of the first game. I'll still looking for these new remasterd versions anyway.

DemonKing

Arcane
Isn't TR: Anniversary a remaster of the first one already with better graphics?

Yes - I would be more interested in seeing them give the same treatment to TR2 & 3 than go down this route.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
LOLWAT

https://www.pcgamesn.com/tomb-raider-I/tomb-raider-remaster-steam

Tomb Raider remasters cancelled because no one asked if they could make them

Plans to remaster the original three Tomb Raider games have been cancelled because, it turns out, no one thought to ask Square Enix.

Realtech VR were working on remastered Steam versions of Tomb Raider 1, 2, and 3. However, the project has now been scrapped, and all its YouTube videos deleted, as publishers Square Enix never actually gave the green light for Realtech VR to create them in the first place.

Realtech VR confirmed, on Twitter, they are no longer working on the Tomb Raider remasters.

Square Enix also released a, now deleted, statement explaining why they chose to shut down the project.

'While we always welcome passion and excitement for the Tomb Raider franchise, the remasters in question were initiated and advertised without seeking approval,” Square Enix wrote in their statement. “As such, they were never officially sanctioned. Ensuring fans receive high quality gaming experiences is at the heart of our mission as a company, which requires all projects to go through proper channels.”

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2018-03-22-square-enix-kills-unsanctioned-tomb-raider-remakes

In a statement issued to GamesIndustry.biz, a spokesman from Realtech VR said he was unable to discuss the details due to legal reasons.

"We had a great experience with Square Enix during the two first Tomb Raider [games] on mobile," he said.

"But our recent research, studies and reviews on Tomb Raider 3 were unwelcome, although those rights are protected with fair dealing in Canadian copyright law. Right now, we don't have any business with Square Enix."

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
I'll be honest, with the focus on games and movies making Lara's juggs smaller, they could really find a niche by creating their own female protagonist and going the other way. (Of course, if it was made now she'd probably have a big cock as well.) Holy crap, they released the movie a week ago and I didn't even know it was out. See? That's what happens when you put Lara in a B cup.

Ash

Arcane
The obsession with Lara's boobs (big or small) was lame as fuck in the 90s and it's lame as fuck now.

Now the actress that voices NuRaider, that's actually quite a sight to behold:

images

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
Who cares about her tiddies? A nice butt is what counts, and nuLara has a round, compact one. That's incline.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom