Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Titanfall (Respawn shooter)

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Aside from the fact that being based on player skill is entirely fucking irrelevant to the point, RPGs are player skill based, just not twitch based.
And effectively farming bots to get your titan fast and to get victory points in attrition games is an important skill in Titanfall.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Heh heh, lots of developmentally impaired ITT.

"I enjoy complexity and I enjoy competitive games" yet I want to play them on a two dimensional plane with no environmental obstacles.

HAR!

Shahem

Barely Literate
I played the beta. Great stuff really, fast-paced and skill based.

I was on the fence prior to trying it myself but I have to say the hype for this game is justified.

TedNugent

Arcane
What the fuck is this I don't even...

Keep that up dumbfuck, you'll have your tag soon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chess

Keep on explaining how you like complex and competitive games, yet when when game makes you shoot AI controlled bots as well as human players, it becomes impossible... :roll:

Again, a strawman, some incoherent rambling, and an ad hominem attack. You literally lack the capacity to understand what a strawman fallacy is even when I directed you towards the article. Read it again.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man_fallacy

If you want to argue against someone's position, the first step is actually directly quoting them, in context, in a fashion that represents their position.

Last edited:

Shralla

Educated
Well this is a hell of a thread. Can't say I'll be investing in it since it seems like it will just lead to more arguments, but I will say that I had more fun with the Titanfall beta than I've had with a shooter in years and years. I put 12 hours on the beta and I will be picking the game up on launch. When you transplant Call of Duty gunplay into an environment that is otherwise totally different in size, layout, movement, tactics, and abilities, you get a very different game. You get one that is much more fun, more accessible to lower level players while at the same time not in any way punishing those who invest their time into learning the gameplay mechanics in depth, which will be the deciding factor in victory, rather than who unlocked the best guns.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron

Keep on explaining how you like complex and competitive games, yet when when game makes you shoot AI controlled bots as well as human players, it becomes impossible... :roll:

Didn't you know? Pawns were only added to Chess so that the Bishops and Knights could get some kills and not feel so bad about being dominated by the Rooks and Queen.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity

Didn't you know? Pawns were only added to Chess so that the Bishops and Knights could get some kills and not feel so bad about being dominated by the Rooks and Queen.
Actually if you could use your pawns, which in Titanfall would be commanding your grunts, that would be pretty awesome.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Actually if you could use your pawns, which in Titanfall would be commanding your grunts, that would be pretty awesome.
I think the problem here is that the AI is wholly controlled by dedicated servers "the cloud", which could possibly make it difficult for you to control them. But I'm just derping.
I think there'd need to be a bunch of redesign to do an idea like this, sadly. But man there are some neat possibilities... A pseudo RTS mode would work. Or maybe having a squad follow you around with the ability for rudimentary commands a la Ghost Recon or Republic Commando.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom