Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Thumbs down option?

ArcturusXIV

Cipher
1 thumbs down.
Now that we have a Brofist..

Sub

Arcane
I dunno but shouldn't this be in Site Feedback?

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
How about this for an interesting twist: You can do a thumbs down on someone, but only in General Discussion. If you go below negative 10 (same amount for when your character "dies" in old AD&D board games IIRC) then you are automatically banned.

Thoughts?

ArcturusXIV

Cipher
I just want a function that adds "Negative Brofists!" Something akin to "Brofist" but with a clever twist, like "Broslap."

I thought up a cool name for it the other day, but forgot it promptly, and it hasn't come back to me. Any suggestions on a name for said function??

ArcturusXIV

Cipher
How about this for an interesting twist: You can do a thumbs down on someone, but only in General Discussion. If you go below negative 10 (same amount for when your character "dies" in old AD&D board games IIRC) then you are automatically banned.

Thoughts?

Don't think that's a good idea, though if it limits how many posts you can do each day, that would be more reasonable.

For instance, 0 Brofists can only post 10 posts a day. -5 Brofists can only post 5, and -1 from there. Once you get to negative ten, you only get 1 post a day from there on, and have to earn back Brofists. +5 brofists can post up to 15 times a day, and so on. It would limit Trolls/Flamers, and keep the good people posting.

You cannot go below 1 post a day. But you have to earn back Brofists! from there.

Of course, since this is Codex, everybody would slam everybody else's posts, it would be next to impossible to get Brofists when you can give people Negative feedback. We're all pretty cynical here.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin

Thoughts?

Don't think that's a good idea, though if it limits how many posts you can do each day, that would be more reasonable.

For instance, 0 Brofists can only post 10 posts a day. -5 Brofists can only post 5, and -1 from there. Once you get to negative ten, you only get 1 post a day from there on, and have to earn back Brofists. +5 brofists can post up to 15 times a day, and so on. It would limit Trolls/Flamers, and keep the good people posting.

You cannot go below 1 post a day. But you have to earn back Brofists! from there.

Of course, since this is Codex, everybody would slam everybody else's posts, it would be next to impossible to get Brofists when you can give people Negative feedback. We're all pretty cynical here.
Decent system. If it could be honest.

ArcturusXIV

Cipher
Bitchslap would work fine.

<name here> gets bitchslapped by <list of posters here>

My Brodar is going off on this. Though the one I thought up included the word Bro before, and was better than "Broslap." :/ I hate forgetting shyte.

ArcturusXIV

Cipher
Brofinger.

Any others? <B?>___fist or Bro<f?>___ for the name would make sense. Keep it consistent!

Would be nice if name tied into Codex history somehow. Same as Multi-headed Dicks and trannies are Codex lore by now!

:/

PorkaMorka

Arcane
We do need a negative brofist.

The Codex is not one of those sites that only allows positive opinions.

If there is a purpose for the brofist it is to give people an alternative to making a useless post with no content, such as "I agree".

Well, there are a lot of times when I want to communicate the opposite sentiment. ("Fuck you, go kill yourself") But that would be a low content post, which is not good posting.

So we need the anti brofist.

DraQ

Arcane
We do need a negative brofist.

The Codex is not one of those sites that only allows positive opinions.

If there is a purpose for the brofist it is to give people an alternative to making a useless post with no content, such as "I agree".

Well, there are a lot of times when I want to communicate the opposite sentiment. ("Fuck you, go kill yourself") But that would be a low content post, which is not good posting.

So we need the anti brofist.
This.

Often it's good to make criticism more substantial, but sometimes someone posts something so retarded that anything more than "you're a fucking retard, go die in a fire" is a waste of words.

Lunac

Arcane
I just want a function that adds "Negative Brofists!" Something akin to "Brofist" but with a clever twist, like "Broslap."

I thought up a cool name for it the other day, but forgot it promptly, and it hasn't come back to me. Any suggestions on a name for said function??

Why the butthurt? What is the motivation behind this? Who hurt you, tell us. Was it something somebody said? Was it me? I'm sorry bro if it was me, well I'm not but do you feel better at least? If you are some racial degenerate or effeminate super-pc Eurofag, or just a mouth-breathing Kwan (although racial degenerate covered that I guess) it's just the way I am. Was it somebody else? Tell me who it was and I'll make sure they... keep doing the good job!

:troll:

And this system would not be abused in the fairyland you all inhabit? In magic lala land we all will not just negative brofist anyone we don't agree with to homogenize the community?

This sounds even less practical than communism.
:roll:

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
I've been to a few forums that do this, and its effect has been almost completely negative. The trolls have kept on trolling in their usual way, but many normal users have become more pretentious and less likely to voice their differing opinion. It has decreased users' activity but hasn't increased the quality of posts one bit. Of course, the Codex is not like most forums out there so god knows what would happen.

DraQ

Arcane
I've been to a few forums that do this, and its effect has been almost completely negative. The trolls have kept on trolling in their usual way, but many normal users have become more pretentious and less likely to voice their differing opinion. It has decreased users' activity but hasn't increased the quality of posts one bit. Of course, the Codex is not like most forums out there so god knows what would happen.
Make it limited resource.

Or cast from brofists.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom