Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

This ones for Luzur: part duex

Phelot

Arcane
villain of the story said:
He has sealed boxes. I would love to break into his apartment, open those sealed boxes and leave with the box contents lying around. I bet he'd feel like he just got raped.

:lol: Worse would be to fill out all the registration cards.

Unfortunately, during various moves I ended up throwing away or losing all of my game boxes. Oh well... What was nice about having them around is that sometimes I'd forget about a game and glance at my game shelf and go "Oh yeah, that game is awesome!" and fire it back up.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
phelot said:
What was nice about having them around is that sometimes I'd forget about a game and glance at my game shelf and go "Oh yeah, that game is awesome!" and fire it back up.

Pretty much how it goes with me as well. I can sit back and scan through the boxes and either go "Man, that was a fun game! Let's fire it up once again." or "I always meant to get around to play this one (and the Codex Hivemind loves it) so let's fire it up." Almost feels like the old days going into Babbages or Electronic Boutique's and seeing row upon row of computer games. All those boxes on all those shelves.... memories...:cry:

He has sealed boxes. I would love to break into his apartment, open those sealed boxes and leave with the box contents lying around. I bet he'd feel like he just got raped.

I actually prefer the games not be sealed. I like looking through all the "stuff" that comes in the boxes. Take Infocom's A Mind Forever Voyaging, it's sealed but I'd love to go through all the "feelies" included. However, I got it for a steal still in it's original shrinkwrap and all I can think is "If I take off the seal am I throwing away $25, 50, a $100?!!!" I'd rather not have that internal debate and just be able to enjoy the games :lol: !!

edit: Also included a few more pictures I forgot to include like the Wizardries and Descent games.

MCA
I know the feeling. There are games I have bought twice, one to keep sealed and one to fiddle with.

There should be a game museum where every new game gets submitted to with its source material, molds etc. for everything that comes with the box so one never runs out of any editions of any game and you can just order one and have it delivered in a week or two.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
There should be a game museum where every new game gets submitted to with its source material, molds etc. for everything that comes with the box so one never runs out of any editions of any game and you can just order one and have it delivered in a week or two.

There was a fundraiser some time ago to start a video game museum somewhere in the kwa. The idea was to be able to play old games on period hardware (not just some emulator). I forget what the url was, but I think they raised ~200k

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
get rich by working so you can remove seals etc and actually enjoy the collection

Luzur

Good Sir
well that was nice to view, but you got games of all genres, while i mainly go for just RPG's of the big bro companies of the old days.

also, i do Commodore computers too, along the SSI, Origin, New World Computing etc parts.

boxed.

so dunno, maybe you win, maybe i win, personally i think its a draw between us with some edge for me.

mindx2

Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Luzur said:
well that was nice to view, but you got games of all genres, while i mainly go for just RPG's of the big bro companies of the old days.

also, i do Commodore computers too, along the SSI, Origin, New World Computing etc parts.

boxed.

so dunno, maybe you win, maybe i win, personally i think its a draw between us with some edge for me.

No competition :bro: ... just like to share and see what fellow gamers/ collectors think. I still have a ways to go and find different gems I never even knew about all the time. I love discovering a game I never knew about but is a blast to play. An example is reading the article here on the Codex that talked about the old Event Horizon games. Dusk of the Gods, while not an earth shatteringly good game, is fun to play and the manual is great.

Zed said:
get rich by working so you can remove seals etc and actually enjoy the collection

Wish I could get rich so I can stop working and enjoy these games :lol: !!

Anybody have any answers to my questions about some of these games and if any clue books/ guides were made?

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
mindx2 said:
Luzur said:

boxed.

No competition :bro: ... just like to share and see what fellow gamers/ collectors think.

Now imagine if you to two hooked up and moved in together... :oops:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Haba said:
mindx2 said:
Luzur said:

boxed.

No competition :bro: ... just like to share and see what fellow gamers/ collectors think.

Now imagine if you to two hooked up and moved in together... :oops:

They'd end up with a lot of duplicate games. if they merged collections They could send them to me. I didn't have space for a billion boxes, so I threw all my old game boxes out and buned the disks to DVDs

spekkio

Arcane
SxcVb.jpg

Five of ten best games ever in one pic (the remaining five can be DISCUSSed).

2q9vq00.gif

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I'm a bit surprised his lucasarts shelf has Monkey Island 3 and 4 but not the vastly superior Monkey Island 1 and 2. Also missing Zak McKraken, Manic Mansion and Day of the Tentacle. Those are some of LucasArts most treasured adventure games. not having them on your shelf is criminal.

AlaCarcuss

Arbiter
mindx2 said:
I do try and only get IBM PC versions of everything but do have a few Apple II (Infocom) and Amiga (Return to Chaos) games that I either can't get for PC or were never made for PC. However, even these I've burned onto a disk the emulator and files and keep them with the games. I've done this with every game that came on a floppy as well.

Well the Apple II and Amiga were PC's too, just not IBM compatible, so that's ok. I Actually started an original Amiga collection a while back - but original Amiga games (especially the rare ones) go for a small fortune, so I kinda lost interest.

The guy I bought my Amiga 1200 from (ebay), lived nearby so I picked it up in person - had a massive man-cave under his house lined with shelf after shelf of hundreds of mint condition Amiga games. When he saw the look on my face when I walked in he said "Wanna touch em?". Spent the next hour or so fondling game boxes and trying to hide my erection. :oops:

mindx2

Patron
Ulminati said:
I'm a bit surprised his lucasarts shelf has Monkey Island 3 and 4 but not the vastly superior Monkey Island 1 and 2. Also missing Zak McKraken, Manic Mansion and Day of the Tentacle. Those are some of LucasArts most treasured adventure games. not having them on your shelf is criminal.

Just haven't gotten around to all the LucasArts games. Zak McKraken and Maniac Mansion generally go for over $100 each and I had other games I wanted more like the Ultima II. Many of the MI 1 & 2 games I've seen recently weren't complete or in pretty poor condition. I'll get around to those as well but have slowed down a bit on my game hunting.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Ulminati said:

There was a fundraiser some time ago to start a video game museum somewhere in the kwa. The idea was to be able to play old games on period hardware (not just some emulator). I forget what the url was, but I think they raised ~200k

There is such a museum in Berlin.

Luzur

Good Sir
i think i should collect the pics in a post again.

these are old pics though, ive been swapping them around and the NES pile have shrunk alot.

157odxi.jpg

hrakoz.jpg

IMG_0105.jpg

359adxv.jpg

21n322t.jpg

2igj1cl.jpg

20b0kzs.jpg

2rc262e.jpg

8yhopi.jpg

2pshrao.jpg

r7m71s.jpg

2956zd4.jpg

2va1ndk.jpg

2h3sa49.jpg

3008akh.jpg

10xuh3c.jpg

im4hs1.jpg

f9pe7a.jpg

2dwgsa9.jpg

mloy8z.jpg

r1wj1y.jpg

11lrj0p.jpg

rwlz5u.jpg

rbcps0.jpg

33wp2z6.jpg

fogj0l.jpg

50qhs4.jpg

qxjwo9.jpg

2vlqmb8.jpg

102l8y1.jpg

15psq6q.jpg

il9l5c.jpg

2rh1h08.jpg

2ibfgjp.jpg

sxc84m.jpg

2q0o8ld.jpg

72zioy.jpg

1zd23qb.jpg

263a8o5.jpg

2v84ns3.jpg

353b592.jpg

d62s6.jpg

30a963r.jpg

2qc1l3m.jpg

123p2ef.jpg

ejtzdx.jpg

2ptchm8.jpg

2mpa7p3.jpg

2jb9t92.jpg

14llv0z.jpg

20isvhs.jpg

1fftb8.jpg

(no, not me on it, but my friend, where it is parked atm due to space issues.)

+ 2 1084S Commodore Monitors (is glimpsed in the PET pic to the far left.) and assorted peripherals.

Damn thats a lot of stuff, of which I've only played a fraction. I miss some of the older stuff that I've sold off.

2vlqmb8.jpg

Bottom right corner, looks like the popamole wasn't invented yesterday. :M

Now I feel sad that
1, I have sold most of my games as I got bored of them.
2, That even while I got also bored of selling them, I still don't have a complete set of almost anything. TIE Fighter is missing instructions, Dungeon Keeper is missing everything but the CD, and so on... 2/3 of the Saturn games are missing their cases (which fucking sucked, they were like DVD cases but shittier)... Well I have everything that came with the PS3 games, yippee. Except the ones I borrowed to somebody and can't be bothered to ask who it was because they are PS3 games.

Luckily I still have 1/3 of my comics collection.

Anyway, :salute:

Captain Shrek

There are two thing I make a point never to SELL for money. One is books, the other is good games I own (I consider all of them good, as that's my criterion of ownership).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom