Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

This ones for Luzur: part duex

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Time to share pictures of my growing collection once again, especially after Luzur showed off his Might & Magic pics in another thread. I know the Hivemind can appreciate these :salute: .

My collection has certainly grown since I last posted it. I've expanded into classic FPSers and Infocom games (GREAT extras!) as well as expanding on my cRPGs. I have most of the clue books/ strategy guides for each game with some being extremely hard to acquire like the Ultima III, Battlespire and Arena clue books. Finding them complete, down to the registration cards, posters, feelies, etc. was/ is difficult as there are few sites that show everything that originally came in the boxes. Sites like http://www.ultimacollectors.info/news.htm and http://www.accardi-by-the-sea.org/www.accardi-by-the-sea.org helped a lot. I always try and find the "Collector’s Edition", "Special Edition", or "Deluxe Edition" of a game such as the Signature edition of Ultima VI.

My LucasArts and Infocom collection still has a ways to go. I also plan on acquiring King's Quest and Quest for Glory games. However, these games were released in many different versions I don't know which ones were the "first" release.

I do need some help from my fellow Codexians both here and across the pond: In my collection I try to get any pre-order goodies, novels and clue books/ strategy guides for each game. Was there ever a clue book/ strat guide for these games: Entomorph, Tunnels & Trolls, Shadows Over Riva, Gothics, or Dusk of the Gods?

Without further ado... behold my collection:

The Ultimas
Ultima.jpg

Might & Magics, Arkania
MMpic.jpg

Fallout
Fallout.jpg

Elder Scrolls
ElderScrolls.jpg

Lands 0f Lore, Bard's Tales & Dungeon Master
LoLBardsTale.jpg

Forgotten Realms
Goldbox.jpg

BaldursGate.jpg

ForgottenRealms.jpg

World of Aden & Krondor
AdenKrondor.jpg

Wizardry, Vampire & others
Wizardry.jpg

Thief, System Shock & Deus Ex
Thief.jpg

LoTR & Gothic
GothicLotR.jpg

Wing Commander
WingCommander.jpg

Infocom
Infocom.jpg

Wolfenstien & Doom
Doom.jpg

Quake
Quake.jpg

Heretic, Hexen & Half Life
HereticHalf-Life.jpg

Duke & Descent
DesentDuke.jpg

Star Trek TOS
TOS.jpg

Star Trek TNG
TNG.jpg

Star Trek DS9 & Voyager
DS9VOY.jpg

LucasArts & Strategies
LucasArts.jpg

Star Wars
StarWars.jpg

TIEJedi.jpg

I'm having a blast collecting these classics (well most of them are classics :oops: ) and still have a ways to go!

... and Luzur... NO CRAPPY CONSOLE GAMES... I'm a purists :smug:

DakaSha

Arcane
pretty sure he meant finished them as in played them through.
Anyways you have definetly earned your right to be called a geek :salute:

Multi-headed Cow

Fallout 3 GotY guide is pretty nicely done. If the same author does a FNV GotY guide I might pick it up. Even though the games are easy enough they're not needed, it was actually entertaining to flip through.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Hmmmm...

Besides the star trek games and the game son your first star wars pic I think I've played all of them at some point.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
mindx2 said:
Phage said:
Have you completed all of these?

Do you mean is each game complete? If so, then yes. I've made sure that they have everything that originally came in the box such as catalogs, posters, reg cards, etc.

No.. I mean have you played through all of them? lol

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
AlaCarcuss said:
Don't be silly. He's a collector, not a gamer. :D
This is what I keep telling myself to justify all the games I sold/gave away/frikkin threw out. What a fool I've been. But hey, I completed all of them!... ....... :(

Anyway great collection :salute: ... with the exception of some truly, truly horrible stuff :lol: Still I guess it's not a real collection unless it has everything, good bad and ugly.

mindx2

Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Phage said:
mindx2 said:
Phage said:
Have you completed all of these?

Do you mean is each game complete? If so, then yes. I've made sure that they have everything that originally came in the box such as catalogs, posters, reg cards, etc.

No.. I mean have you played through all of them? lol

Completed all the M & M, Elder Scrolls, Ultimas 5-9, EoBs, LoL 1 and 2, BoK, most FR games, only Wiz 6 & 7, most of the FPS (except for Descent 3 and Hexen II), all the Thief, Deus Ex (currently on Human Revolution) and System Shocks, all of the LucasArts adventures, most of the Star Wars and half the Star Trek. Played the start of a few of the Infocom games but haven't gotten very far. I'm embarrassed to admit it but I haven't played any of the Gold Box or Bard's Tale games. Also played Fallout 1 & 2 but never could play 3 and only started the beginning of NV.

sgc_meltdown said:
Anakin's Speedway
Force Commander

:rpgcodex:

What can I say...I'm a completest :P

AlaCarcuss said:
Blasphemy! I'm a collector AND a gamer :love: Hell, it's because of my love of gaming that I wanted to go back and find many of these gems. Most games today just pale in comparison.

Sceptic said:
Anyway great collection :salute: ... with the exception of some truly, truly horrible stuff :lol: Still I guess it's not a real collection unless it has everything, good bad and ugly.

Yet even I could not bring myself to buy Dragon Age II!!!

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Sceptic said:
AlaCarcuss said:
This is what I keep telling myself to justify all the games I sold/gave away/frikkin threw out. What a fool I've been. But hey, I completed all of them!... ....... :(

I never threw out any games, apart from some of those awful jewel case shovelware compilations that came out at the dawn of CD age(anyone who thinks everything was rosy in the olden days evidently never waded through the hundreds of shitware CD's of the time), but I did sell almost all of my 5 1/4 inch games and some early CD versions of stuff like Tie Fighter. :(

MCA
He has sealed boxes. I would love to break into his apartment, open those sealed boxes and leave with the box contents lying around. I bet he'd feel like he just got raped.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Very nice collection. I'm actually thinking whether I have anything you would want (as I'm thinking about selling off part of my collection) but I can't think of anything, you already have everything RPG-related that I have... and so much more.

(Unless you count a sealed copy of the PC version of War of the Lance, but that's more one of them "strategery" games.)

After some consideration, while I can think of a few RPG titles that I have and you don't seem to have, the question is whether you want them to begin with. The retail box for Ultima Online, for example. Or The Legacy.

I really need to have a go at my boxes and sort out what I want to keep and what not.

mindx2

Patron
villain of the story said:
He has sealed boxes. I would love to break into his apartment, open those sealed boxes and leave with the box contents lying around. I bet he'd feel like he just got raped.

Remember, this is AMERICA... I practice my 2nd amendment rights :smug:

pipka said:
Those boxes are in really bad shape. No love?
I think most are in great shape so not sure what you would be expecting from some of these games that are 10, 20, 30 years old. Plus, new & sealed classic games can go for 3 to 4 times the price of a used one. Occasionally, I find a great deal or I get surprised by being delivered a brand new copy but overall I'll stick to "slightly used".

Unkillable Cat said:
Very nice collection. I'm actually thinking whether I have anything you would want (as I'm thinking about selling off part of my collection) but I can't think of anything, you already have everything RPG-related that I have... and so much more.

(Unless you count a sealed copy of the PC version of War of the Lance, but that's more one of them "strategery" games.)

After some consideration, while I can think of a few RPG titles that I have and you don't seem to have, the question is whether you want them to begin with. The retail box for Ultima Online, for example. Or The Legacy.

I really need to have a go at my boxes and sort out what I want to keep and what not.

Yeah, you told me that last time too.......still waiting.......

mindx2

Patron
Ulminati said:
mindx2 said:
... and Luzur... NO CRAPPY CONSOLE GAMES... I'm a purists :smug:

usxbn.jpg

:rpgcodex:

It's a pre-order package, NOT the actual game, which is next to it and is for the PC. So I stand by my statement ;)

I do try and only get IBM PC versions of everything but do have a few Apple II (Infocom) and Amiga (Return to Chaos) games that I either can't get for PC or were never made for PC. However, even these I've burned onto a disk the emulator and files and keep them with the games. I've done this with every game that came on a floppy as well.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
that's a lot of shelves you got there.
nice collection except for far cry and some other shit I saw.

mindx2

Patron
Zed said:
that's a lot of shelves you got there.
nice collection except for far cry and some other shit I saw.

Eh, I enjoyed FarCry enough to finish it and at the time my computer was able to play it with all the bells & whistles on. As far as the "other shit" is concerned, that's the completest in me. Even though I really disliked Oblivion I went ahead and got the expansions and guides to "complete" the Elder Scrolls collection.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom