Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

This ones for Luzur: part duex

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by mindx2, Aug 26, 2011.

1. mindx2 Arcane Patron

mindx2
    Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    Click here and disable ads!
    Time to share pictures of my growing collection once again, especially after Luzur showed off his Might & Magic pics in another thread. I know the Hivemind can appreciate these :salute: .

My collection has certainly grown since I last posted it. I've expanded into classic FPSers and Infocom games (GREAT extras!) as well as expanding on my cRPGs. I have most of the clue books/ strategy guides for each game with some being extremely hard to acquire like the Ultima III, Battlespire and Arena clue books. Finding them complete, down to the registration cards, posters, feelies, etc. was/ is difficult as there are few sites that show everything that originally came in the boxes. Sites like http://www.ultimacollectors.info/news.htm and http://www.accardi-by-the-sea.org/www.accardi-by-the-sea.org helped a lot. I always try and find the "Collector’s Edition", "Special Edition", or "Deluxe Edition" of a game such as the Signature edition of Ultima VI.

My LucasArts and Infocom collection still has a ways to go. I also plan on acquiring King's Quest and Quest for Glory games. However, these games were released in many different versions I don't know which ones were the "first" release.

I do need some help from my fellow Codexians both here and across the pond: In my collection I try to get any pre-order goodies, novels and clue books/ strategy guides for each game. Was there ever a clue book/ strat guide for these games: Entomorph, Tunnels & Trolls, Shadows Over Riva, Gothics, or Dusk of the Gods?

Without further ado... behold my collection:

The Ultimas
    [​IMG]

Might & Magics, Arkania
    [​IMG]

Fallout
    [​IMG]

Elder Scrolls
    [​IMG]

Lands 0f Lore, Bard's Tales & Dungeon Master
    [​IMG]

Forgotten Realms
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

World of Aden & Krondor
    [​IMG]

Wizardry, Vampire & others
    [​IMG]

Thief, System Shock & Deus Ex
    [​IMG]

LoTR & Gothic
    [​IMG]

Wing Commander
    [​IMG]

Infocom
    [​IMG]

Wolfenstien & Doom
    [​IMG]

Quake
    [​IMG]

Heretic, Hexen & Half Life
    [​IMG]

Duke & Descent
    [​IMG]

Star Trek TOS
    [​IMG]

Star Trek TNG
    [​IMG]

Star Trek DS9 & Voyager
    [​IMG]

LucasArts & Strategies
    [​IMG]

Star Wars
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm having a blast collecting these classics (well most of them are classics :oops: ) and still have a ways to go!

... and Luzur... NO CRAPPY CONSOLE GAMES... I'm a purists :smug:
    ^ Top  
  2. Phage Liturgist

Phage
    Have you completed all of these?
    ^ Top  
  3. Excidium P. banal

Self-Ejected
  4. FaChoi Educated

FaChoi
    :salute:

[​IMG]

:decline:

Though I bought it too......for xbox :oops:
    ^ Top  
  5. mindx2 Arcane Patron

mindx2
    Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    Do you mean is each game complete? If so, then yes. I've made sure that they have everything that originally came in the box such as catalogs, posters, reg cards, etc.
    ^ Top  
  6. DakaSha Prospernaut

DakaSha
    pretty sure he meant finished them as in played them through.
    Anyways you have definetly earned your right to be called a geek :salute:
    ^ Top  
  7. Multi-headed Cow Arcane

Multi-headed Cow
    Fallout 3 GotY guide is pretty nicely done. If the same author does a FNV GotY guide I might pick it up. Even though the games are easy enough they're not needed, it was actually entertaining to flip through.
    ^ Top  
  8. Ulminati SRB connoisseur Patron

Ulminati
    Hmmmm...

Besides the star trek games and the game son your first star wars pic I think I've played all of them at some point.
    ^ Top  
  9. sgc_meltdown Arcane

sgc_meltdown
    :rpgcodex:
    ^ Top  
  10. Hamster Arcane Patron

Hamster
    Codex 2012 Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
  11. Phage Liturgist

Phage
    No.. I mean have you played through all of them? lol
    ^ Top  
  12. AlaCarcuss Arbiter

AlaCarcuss
    Wish we had smellivision. I wanna stick my nose in amongst all that beauty. :love:

Don't be silly. He's a collector, not a gamer. :D
    ^ Top  
  13. Sceptic Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron

Sceptic
    Divinity: Original Sin
    This is what I keep telling myself to justify all the games I sold/gave away/frikkin threw out. What a fool I've been. But hey, I completed all of them!... ....... :(

Anyway great collection :salute: ... with the exception of some truly, truly horrible stuff :lol: Still I guess it's not a real collection unless it has everything, good bad and ugly.
    ^ Top  
  14. mindx2 Arcane Patron

mindx2
    Completed all the M & M, Elder Scrolls, Ultimas 5-9, EoBs, LoL 1 and 2, BoK, most FR games, only Wiz 6 & 7, most of the FPS (except for Descent 3 and Hexen II), all the Thief, Deus Ex (currently on Human Revolution) and System Shocks, all of the LucasArts adventures, most of the Star Wars and half the Star Trek. Played the start of a few of the Infocom games but haven't gotten very far. I'm embarrassed to admit it but I haven't played any of the Gold Box or Bard's Tale games. Also played Fallout 1 & 2 but never could play 3 and only started the beginning of NV.

What can I say...I'm a completest :P

Blasphemy! I'm a collector AND a gamer :love: Hell, it's because of my love of gaming that I wanted to go back and find many of these gems. Most games today just pale in comparison.

Yet even I could not bring myself to buy Dragon Age II!!!
    ^ Top  
  15. pipka Savant

pipka
    Those boxes are in really bad shape. No love?
    ^ Top  
  16. DwarvenFood Arcane Patron

DwarvenFood
    Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
    Great collection, I like the arrangement of it all. And wow, I never knew they made so many Star Trek games.
    ^ Top  
  17. commie The Last Marxist Patron

commie
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
    I never threw out any games, apart from some of those awful jewel case shovelware compilations that came out at the dawn of CD age(anyone who thinks everything was rosy in the olden days evidently never waded through the hundreds of shitware CD's of the time), but I did sell almost all of my 5 1/4 inch games and some early CD versions of stuff like Tie Fighter. :(
    ^ Top  
  18. villain of the story Unwanted

Unwanted
    MCA
    He has sealed boxes. I would love to break into his apartment, open those sealed boxes and leave with the box contents lying around. I bet he'd feel like he just got raped.
    ^ Top  
  19. Unkillable Cat Arcane

Unkillable Cat
    Very nice collection. I'm actually thinking whether I have anything you would want (as I'm thinking about selling off part of my collection) but I can't think of anything, you already have everything RPG-related that I have... and so much more.

(Unless you count a sealed copy of the PC version of War of the Lance, but that's more one of them "strategery" games.)

After some consideration, while I can think of a few RPG titles that I have and you don't seem to have, the question is whether you want them to begin with. The retail box for Ultima Online, for example. Or The Legacy.

I really need to have a go at my boxes and sort out what I want to keep and what not.
    ^ Top  
  20. mindx2 Arcane Patron

mindx2
    Remember, this is AMERICA... I practice my 2nd amendment rights :smug:

I think most are in great shape so not sure what you would be expecting from some of these games that are 10, 20, 30 years old. Plus, new & sealed classic games can go for 3 to 4 times the price of a used one. Occasionally, I find a great deal or I get surprised by being delivered a brand new copy but overall I'll stick to "slightly used".

Yeah, you told me that last time too.......still waiting.......
    ^ Top  
  21. Ulminati SRB connoisseur Patron

Ulminati
    The right to arm bears?
    ^ Top  
  22. Ulminati SRB connoisseur Patron

Ulminati
    [​IMG]

:rpgcodex:
    ^ Top  
  23. mindx2 Arcane Patron

mindx2
    It's a pre-order package, NOT the actual game, which is next to it and is for the PC. So I stand by my statement ;)

I do try and only get IBM PC versions of everything but do have a few Apple II (Infocom) and Amiga (Return to Chaos) games that I either can't get for PC or were never made for PC. However, even these I've burned onto a disk the emulator and files and keep them with the games. I've done this with every game that came on a floppy as well.
    ^ Top  
  24. Zed RPG Codex Staff

Zed
    that's a lot of shelves you got there.
    nice collection except for far cry and some other shit I saw.
    ^ Top  
  25. mindx2 Arcane Patron

mindx2
    Eh, I enjoyed FarCry enough to finish it and at the time my computer was able to play it with all the bells & whistles on. As far as the "other shit" is concerned, that's the completest in me. Even though I really disliked Oblivion I went ahead and got the expansions and guides to "complete" the Elder Scrolls collection.
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above links helps us pay the hosting bills)