Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

This just in: Syndicate sucks

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Morgoth, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Peter Cipher

Peter
    Click here and disable ads!
    Shit, how could I forget Mirror's Edge, the best example of what I meant and one of the most interesting games in the last couple of years.

Anyway, yeah, I know that Dead Space is Resident Evil 4 in space. From your post it simply seemed to me that you were saying that every game they made was a direct clone of another game. The only thing Dead Space took from Resi 4 was the gameplay itself, and even then it added it's own little twists like the dismemberment and the zero-gravity and no oxygen sections.

Plus, please tell me where the big original games from other publishers are. Only ones I can think of off the top of my head are Bioshock, which was even more derivative from SS2 than Dead Space, Assassin's Creed, which was basically Prince of Persia meets GTA, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, which stands out in today's market but took most of it's ideas from 10 years old PC games and was, you know, a sequel, and possibly Metro 2033, if only for the Eastern European take on both the post-apocalyptic genre and the linear corridor shooter.

Let's put it this way: I can't really imagine anything as derivative as Activision's Singularity or THQ's Homefront being released by EA in the last couple of years. Oh wait, truth be told, there was Dante's Inferno. Still, though, I think you're greatly exaggerating about EA and are kinda ignoring that every other big publisher is more or less the same (Ubisoft, THQ and Eidos/Sqeenix being a bit better than Activision and EA when it comes to innovashun).

Who would have thought that the day would come when I would defend EA in an argument.
    ^ Top  
  2. Roguey Arcane Sawyerite Sawyerist Sawyer's Bride No Fun Allowed

Roguey
    I get what you're saying here but this still made me laugh. But it is Knights of the Old Republic, Lord of the Rings, and World of Warcraft put in a blender...
    ^ Top  
  3. Morgoth Arcane

Morgoth
    ^ Top  
  4. Eyeball Arcane

Eyeball
    Oh, sweet Jesus, that trailer made me cry a manly tear of anguish for the state of modern video gaming. Biggest waste of a good IP since the Shadowrun game and the worst part of it is that they coulda made their Deux Ex 3 ripoff with their own invented setting and it probably wouldn't have hurt sales any.

I did like the "hack microchip in guard's head to make him shoot himself" bit though, that at least seemed appropriately GrimDark for a Syndicate sequel. Everything else looks like fucking shit.
    ^ Top  
  5. potatojohn Arcane

potatojohn
    Rumor has it EA is going to make a sequel to Abuse next year. It's going to be a grimdark popamole action rpg with strong characters and tasteful romance. I hear the developers are great fans of the original so it should be good.
    ^ Top  
  6. Morgoth Arcane

Morgoth
    ^ Top  
  7. Stinger Augur

Stinger
    Think all this bashing of an EA game means that ME3 won't go unscathed either?
    ^ Top  
  8. abnaxus Arcane

abnaxus
    Who knows... single player demo is getting trashed across many gaming boards, but multiplayer is almost universally praised.
    ^ Top  
  9. Alexandros Augur

Alexandros
    Really? A "modern" remake of a beloved classic sucks, you say? Huh, who would have thought. But don't let that get you down EA, there are lots of other classics for you to defile. Better luck next time!
    ^ Top  
  10. pipka Savant

pipka
    PC version is out at rlslog. Will anyone suffer through this game?
    ^ Top  
  11. Elim Educated

Elim
    Project: Eternity
    Won't even pirate it.
    SCO, GarfunkeL, Antagonist and 3 others Brofist this.
    ^ Top  
  12. Haba Harbinger of Decline Patron

Haba
    Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    HAHAHA WOW!

I told you so. Romances in Syndicate.

In other news, Giant Bomb gives it 5/5.

http://www.giantbomb.com/syndicate/61-30734/reviews/

LOLZ
    ^ Top  
  13. Stereotypical Villain Arcane

Stereotypical Villain
    So in an alternate universe we're all enjoying a good remake of a boring graphic whore FPS which was soon forgotten back when it was released? Hrm... perhaps I can convince Captain Picard to send me to the mirror universe. I always did like the Terran Empire.
    ^ Top  
  14. potatojohn Arcane

potatojohn
    I've been looking forward to this turd. Playing it right now. 3/4 of the time I have no idea what the fuck is going on because the game looks like it's set 10km underwater with all the bloom and atmosphere. 1/4 of the time it looks like shitty version of DXHR.

Fuck yeah:
    [​IMG]

Bloom
    [​IMG]

Romance!:
    [​IMG]

Where's the bloom?
    [​IMG]

Executing random civilians with a boot stomp. I didn't think it was possible but this game is even more mature than Duke Nukem Forever.
    [​IMG]
    Ed123 Brofists this.
    ^ Top  
  15. Peter Cipher

Peter
    :what:
    ^ Top  
  16. Interesting Educated

Interesting
    I wish 2K Marin would learn from this. But I know the baby was born dead.
    ^ Top  
  17. GreyViper Learned

GreyViper
    So is EA going to abuse the Abuse title next I wonder.:yeah:

As for FPS syndicate, nice screens potatojhon you can really see the hangover MR Kilo and how many grams he has had.
    ^ Top  
  18. Ed123 Arcane Patron

Ed123
    Serpent in the Staglands Wasteland 2
    I'm suprised at how detailed Kilometres Pound appears. I assume they've gone the well-trodden route of giving the protagonist four times as many polygons as the entire level.
    ^ Top  
  19. MisterStone Augur

MisterStone

WTF why is your foot the size of 2/3rds her body? Is that a toddler, or a midget?

Also, please tell me you shooped this shit to add bloom. This much bloom couldn't really just appear in a game for no reason, could it?
    ^ Top  
  20. Morgoth Arcane

Morgoth
    MisteStone cannot into perspective.
    Esquilax Brofists this.
    ^ Top  
  21. abnaxus Arcane

abnaxus
    I'll wait for the Bro Team Pill review.
    MaskedMan, pipka, Peter and 1 other person Brofist this.
    ^ Top  
  22. Peter Cipher

Peter
    The player's body should be affected by perspective too, then.
    ^ Top  
  23. hoopy Savant

hoopy
    Clearly you have never played Battlefield 3.
    ^ Top  
  24. zerotol Prestigious Gentleman Dumbfuck! Patron Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Dumbfuck Douchebag! Illiterate Sychophantic Noob Village Idiot Weasel Zionist Agent Repressed Homosexual Pretty Princess Possibly Retarded White Knight √úbermensch Fargo Fanboy The Real Fanboy Beg Auditor Trigger Warning Sawyerite Sawyerist Sawyer's Bride Edgy No Fun Allowed Shitposter

zerotol
    Thank you for raping yet another of my childhood memories.
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above links helps us pay the hosting bills)