Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

This FF8 LP is totally dead.

Ermm

Erudite
Will Colin and Jack Bauer be back?

There would be some interesting references to 24 especially with that president's assasination at the end of 1/4 of the game.

Even better. Replace Colin with Chuck Norris since sooner or later Irvine will show up.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Colin Farrell and Kiefer Sutherland, you mean. No, they will not be back. I dropped them into FF7 "for the lulz", no way in hell are they getting in here. However, stay tuned for more crazy hi-jinx with Flappyjack, Bubbles and God.

Also this thread is getting an update soon. I have boarded the train. Playing through Laguna's little bullshit right now as a matter of fact.

Ermm

Erudite
Andyman Messiah said:
Colin Farrell and Kiefer Sutherland, you mean. No, they will not be back. I dropped them into FF7 "for the lulz", no way in hell are they getting in here. However, stay tuned for more crazy hi-jinx with Flappyjack, Bubbles and God.

Also this thread is getting an update soon. I have boarded the train. Playing through Laguna's little bullshit right now as a matter of fact.

But they can always make a cameo.

spekkio

Arcane
Andyman Messiah said:
30rmp3c.jpg

:?

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Working, festival going, drinking, drug taking and now lesbian peeing as well. Gotta cut down on my workload. Update is coming but it'll be a while. Don't know when. Busy busy busy, so very busy busy busy!

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Oh hey, does anyone still give a fuck about this?

Update 10: Fucking shit

Welcome back to the new and improved LP of FF8. This time we're going to meet three new characters, widely considered by fans to be 300% better than the entire other population of Final Fantasy 8 Land.

Anyone who actually believes this should be shot and pissed upon.

update10_01.jpg

ward.jpg
Hey, aren't we here to fight a war? You know, against the almighty Timber army?

Meet Ward. Fucking huge. Throws a fucking anchor at enemies.

Also, from that one piece of dialogue we can deduce that this probably takes place in the past when Galbadia was just starting out to acquire Timber for their world dominating means.

kiros.jpg
Yeah, so why are we wasting our time messin' with these animals?

Meet Kiros. Not a girl. Has blades attached to his hands and dances at enemies.

Also, from that one piece of dialogue we can deduce that the monsters are actually this world's natural wildlife. But we knew that already, I suppose.

laguna.jpg
Well, you see... It's just that, uhh...

Meet Laguna. Bit of a moron. Shoots things dead with a machine gun.

Also, from that one piece of dialogue we can deduce that Laguna is, oh wait nevermind.

So we're in the past now. All stats are carried over. Squall link up with Laguna, Selphie link up with Kiros and Zell amusingly enough link up with Ward. Aside from Squall/Laguna, the Zell/Ward connection is going to come up again later in the game. For no real reason. Look forward to that!

update10-02.jpg

laguna.jpg
Anyway... We're goin' home. Deling City, here we come!

They're also deserters. Well, no worries. Running away from the military isn't that big of a deal these days. In fact, most military operations play out like this: “eh, whatever, just drop the soldiers into enemy territory and have them fight their way back home, I'm sure they'll accomplish something along the way.” So Laguna and friends get into their car, which was parked conveniently in the next forest screen all along, and just drive off to the capital of Galbadia. Galbadia City.

update10-03.jpg

laguna.jpg
Chill man, it's cool.
ward.jpg
But it's the middle of the fucking road!
laguna.jpg
Hey! Chill. It's cool.

update10-04.jpg

kiros.jpg
Whatever! Like you drink... We already know you're not in it for the drinking. Just admit it already.
ward.jpg
Yeah, just drink juice like some weenie. And then gawk at the piano lady.
laguna.jpg
DON'T CALL HER THE 'PIANO LADY'! That's it, forget it! I'm not going!
kiros.jpg
We know you will...

update10-05.jpg

brum.jpg
HEY! GET YOUR FAT ASS CAR OUTTA THE STREET, FUCKER!
laguna.jpg
Holy crap! Run away, run away!

update10-06.jpg

Pictured: another blockade.

update10-07.jpg

squall.jpg
Is this a dream...?
selphie.jpg
Laguna's pretty cute!
zell.jpg
What's goin' on!? W-What's happening to me!?

Laguna and friends will eventually come to discover and understand these nagging voices in their heads. They'll call them “the fairies” which I suppose isn't too inappropriate.

update10-08.jpg

Alrighty then, are we up for some hot, steamy sitting down then immediately standing up-action?

update10-09.jpg

Wait for it....

update10-10.jpg

There we go. I fucking HATE.

THINGS THAT BOTHER ME: Characters who sit down and then immediately gets up. There's plenty of this shit in japanese rpgs.

waitress.gif
May I take your order?
laguna.jpg
The usual!
kiros.jpg
Me too!
ward.jpg
Keep 'em coming!

Remember that Laguna was just established as a man who enjoys drinking juice or other non-alcoholic beverages. These people are heroes so that means they don't drink the firewater. Learn from them. Besides, they're enough bumbling fucktards as it is.

update10-11.jpg

ward.jpg
You goin' for it tonight?
kiros.jpg
Yeah, go for it!
laguna.jpg
What-ever, man! Can't you see she's working?
kiros.jpg
Don't go back on your word. C'mon, go wave to her.

“Wave to her”?

laguna.jpg
Give me a break...

Pretty much, yes. I mean... “wave to her”?

ward.jpg
So you say, but we know you'll do it.

Oh shut the fuck up, you shaved gorilla pirate.

update10-12.jpg

SO! We're in control of Laguna and our deadly mission is to walk to the stage and wave our masturbation hand at the hot piano player... jesusfuckingchristalmightyioughta--

update10-13.jpg

That's Squall's voice, and, yes, unfortunately I believe Laguna is serious. Well, let's see how he does. He's looking at a hot girl in a tight red dress.

update10-14.jpg

“Uh-oh”?

update10-15.jpg

…..

update10-16.jpg

Maybe it's just me, but I never bought the “leg cramping up” bit. I mean, it seems more like something you'd make up when you get an erection or your man boobs start to lactate or something. A cover-up, you know. Ah shit, I dunno. Whatever, Laguna's leg cramped up.

update10-17.jpg

And so the hero has failed his mission. To say hello to a beautiful woman. No wonder people like this guy more than Squall.

update10-18.jpg

Exactly what I was thinking, Squall. You and me, we're like buddies.

Also, you can see Ward laughing his ass off in the background.

Oh hey, what's this?

update10-19.jpg

Laguna's coming back for another try?!

update10-20.jpg

Good job! You survived a most sucidial suicide mission! Now limp back to your fucking table and drink your goddamn juice.

update10-21.jpg

update10-22.jpg

Square really knows its audience. Sometimes I like to think they're actually making these games as an attempt to help out socially retarded guys make contact with the opposite sex. I could be wrong. Anyway, MISSION SUCCESSFUL! We waved to a girl! jesusfuckingchristalmighty--

ward.jpg
I didn't think you'd actually do it. Our popularity rating's gone up a point.

And I didn't think things could get any more depressing.

WHY THE FUCK DO PEOPLE LIKE LAGUNA AND FRIENDS MORE THAN SQUALL? IT MAKES NO FUCKING SENSE! GODDAMN YOU FUCKING FINAL FANTASY RETARDS!

Anyway.

kiros.jpg
Yeah, but you cut a pretty pitiful figure up there. I'd say you're about a -3 on the manliness scale.

There's no way Kiros is a legal man. No fucking way.

laguna.jpg
Say what you want! (sigh...) Julia sure is pretty...
kiros.jpg
Aaa...
ward.jpg
Hunhhh...?

Oh what the fuck now?

kiros.jpg
Laguna, we're takin' off.

Awesome!

laguna.jpg
H-Hey! What's the rush?

Don't leave me here with all these strange people and hot women in hot dresses! Noooo!!

ward.jpg
It's on us tonight. Relax and stay awhile, Laguna.

Wow, three full glasses of juice they haven't even seen yet. Big spenders. I bet they're just rushing off to cancel the order.

SUDDENLY!

colin.jpg
May I?
laguna.jpg
Holy shit it's famous and handsome actor Colin Farrell! I loved you in Phone Booth!
colin.jpg
Thanks, man. I just came by to drop off my sloppy seconds. Don't worry, she's all paid for.
laguna.jpg
Whoa! That is so cool of you!
colin.jpg
Alright, see ya later.

I honestly prefer my interpretation of this event a lot more than Square's original version, where Julia just decides that Laguna is a charming devil for no apparent goddamn reason. No offense.

Also, there's your cameo, Rasputin.

update10-23.jpg

update10-24.jpg

laguna.jpg
(Oh man, oh man, it's really HER! What do I do!? Kiros? Ward? HELP! What do I say!? But man, she is pretty...)
squall.jpg
What's this guy thinking?

I sure as hell wouldn't want to be stuck inside this guy's head. Ever.

update10-25.jpg

laguna.jpg
Kind of...
julia.jpg
How's your leg?
laguna.jpg
L-Leg? Oh, this!?

What leg? Oh right, MY LEG!

I refuse to believe its his fucking leg that cramps up whenever he gets near women. Fuck that, I'm going to make whatever I can to salvage this shitty character. He get erection and he's in an extremely uncomfortable metal suit. His huge cock basically circles around his legs, looking for a way to burst on out and strangles the blood supply. This makes sense because the cramps disappear when he switches to casual clothes later on. There we go.

laguna.jpg
Happens all the time when I get nervous. (cough)
julia.jpg
Were you nervous?
laguna.jpg
Oh, yeah, I'm still kinda...
julia.jpg
You can relax. You don't have to get nervous around me.
laguna.jpg
Oh, sorry.

update10-26.jpg

update10-27.jpg

THAT'S SCANDALOUS!!

update10-28.jpg

update10-29.jpg

julia.jpg
Don't you want to do it?
laguna.jpg
Of course I do!
julia.jpg
Then I'll go ahead and wait for you. Ask for my room at the front desk, ok?

update10-30.jpg

laguna.jpg
No, this can't be a dream!
squall.jpg
This is too weird to be a dream.
laguna.jpg
Julia...? Wants to talk to me...?
squall.jpg
...He talks to himself too much...
laguna.jpg
And just the two of us! Get it together Laguna...
squall.jpg
Whatever.
laguna.jpg
I always screw up by talking about myself too much. It's always been like that. But not tonight! I'm all ears for Julia!

update10-31.jpg

Problem? What fucking problem!?

squall.jpg
Whatever.

You said it, Squall. Let's head on up.

update10-32.jpg

laguna.jpg
Whi-Whi-Which...
receptionist.jpg
...Aah, Mr. Laguna Loire? I've been expecting you.

Please tell me you're a hitman with a contract to shoot this idiot in the face.

receptionist.jpg
Allow me to show you to Miss Julia's room.

Goddamn.

update10-33.jpg

If only the game could've skipped to the end. I honestly have no idea what is going on. What's Julia seeing in this guy? I mean, you guys know Colin Farrell must've had something to do with this. Otherwise... shit.

laguna.jpg
No... Not at all, uh... Thank you for inviting me.
julia.jpg
Have a seat.

Oh goodness! Another dangerous mission! How will Laguna handle this?

update10-34.jpg

He's off. Let's see where he decides to sit down.

update10-35.jpg

OH GODDAMN, LAGUNA! NO! NO! BAD LAGUNA!

update10-36.jpg

Never sit on a woman's bed if it's the first time you've met her! You horny motherfucker! Go sit your ass down at the chair by the window!

update10-37.jpg

Much better. Now get up so you can initiate dialogue with Julia and keep this scene going.

update10-38.jpg

I motherfucking hate.

update10-39.jpg

laguna.jpg
No, it's not that.

Squaresoft made me do it. (True story.)

laguna.jpg
It's just that I'm a big fan of yours, so I'm really kinda nervous, y'know.
julia.jpg
So that's why you come to hear me play so often.
laguna.jpg
You... You saw me?

YOUR COVER'S BLOWN, LAGUNA. RUN AWAY RUN AWAY.

update10-40.jpg

julia.jpg
You were always smiling while listening, right?

“Not many of my fans do that. Mostly they just quietly and listen to my music. But you, you're different. You think I'm pretty. You respect me not just because of my talent.”

By the way, during all of this he's repeatedly walking from the one chair to the next like a fucking psycho.

julia.jpg
You have beautiful eyes. Though they look a bit scared now. Don't worry, I'm not going to pluck 'em and eat 'em. I just want to talk, gazing into those eyes.

Some would say this might be something a witch would say.

julia.jpg
Would you like something to drink? Wine perhaps?
laguna.jpg
I must be dreamin'...

So a sip of wine later.

update10-41.jpg

laguna.jpg
And it's fun, 'cause Kiros and Ward are always with me. Hey, we should all go out drinkin' sometime! Whaddaya say? And, uh... What was I talking about? Oh yeah, so I want to quit the army and become a journalist! So I can tell people 'bout all the things I've seen on my travels.
squall.jpg
GOOD GOD, MAN. SHUT THE FUCK UP!
laguna.jpg
So, like, the other day, one of my articles made the reader's column. Pretty cool, huh?

update10-42.jpg

julia.jpg
I'm happy for you.

I can feel Julia's pain. Nobody should have to endure this much bullshit.

laguna.jpg
Oh yeah, and then...
kiefer.jpg
Hey, Laguna!
laguna.jpg
Holy shit, it's famous and handsome actor Kiefer Sutherland!
kiefer.jpg
I'm here to put an end to your shit, Laguna.
laguna.jpg
What do you-- argh!
kiefer.jpg
When you wake up you will shut the fuck up and let the woman talk.
julia.jpg
Oh, thank you, Kiefer Sutherland!
kiefer.jpg
No prob, Miss. It's what I do.

LATER.

update10-43.jpg

julia.jpg
You're adorable when you're asleep.
laguna.jpg
Argh... How'd I fall asleep?
julia.jpg
No idea. I'm going to go sit by the window now.
laguna.jpg
I... I must have fallen asleep, talking on like that... Tell me about yourself. Like... your dreams for the future.
julia.jpg
I... I want to sing. Not just play the piano, but sing, too.
laguna.jpg
Oh, I'd really love to hear it.
julia.jpg
But I can't. I'm no good at writing lyrics.

Yes, because all singers write their own songs. I suppose FF8-land is an ideal world where people do their own stuff. I can dig that.

update10-44.jpg

I love how Laguna goes into hard pondering mode.

julia.jpg
But thanks to you, I think I can come up with something.
laguna.jpg
Thanks to me?
julia.jpg
Yes... The many faces you've shown me. Times when you were hurt, worried... Or felt pain deep inside you... Your smile, your face, your eyes... You've shown me something... I think I can come up with a song.

update10-45.jpg

update10-46.jpg

(She pinches him.)

SUDDENLY!

kiros.jpg
Laguna! New orders! Meet by the Presidential Residence, on the double!
julia.jpg
Can we meet again?
laguna.jpg
Of course! I have to come hear you sing!
kiros.jpg
Goddammit, Laguna! Hurry up! Next stop is Timber!
laguna.jpg
Timber? But we were just there!
kiros.jpg
Next stop, Timber.

update10-47.jpg

Welcome back to the real world.

squall.jpg
Were we... all asleep?
zell.jpg
Maybe someone released some sleeping gas? There's lots of people who resent SeeD.
squall.jpg
(...Maybe. Better be careful.)
selphie.jpg
Am I missing anything? Anyone hurt?
squall.jpg
...I don't think so.
selphie.jpg
What a relief! Everything's cool with me!

update10-48.jpg

Oh?

update10-49.jpg

update10-50.jpg

I absolutely love how he looks directly at Zell here.

train.jpg
We will be arriving in Timber shortly. For those getting off, please be sure you have all your belongings.

It's a good thing we have our infinity pants. No luggage necessary, bitch.

SUDDENLY!

selphie.jpg
But seriously, Sir Laguna was soooo cool!

DUH DUH DUNNNN!!

zell.jpg
Hey! There was a Laguna in my dream too! He's a Galbadian soldier, right!?
squall.jpg
Laguna, Kiros and Ward...
zell.jpg
Huh!? That's it!
squall.jpg
That's what?
selphie.jpg
There's no way we can understand this... Let's just concentrate on our first mission!
squall.jpg
(I guess you're right.)

“Not that I'd ever tell you that, you annoying little bitch.”

squall.jpg
We'll put the incident on hold. I'll report it to the Headmaster once we get back to Garden.
zell.jpg
We should be there soon, eh?

update10-51.jpg

update10-52.jpg

IN THE NEXT UPDATE: TRAINS TRAINS TRAINS TRAINS OH GOD IF I EVER SEE ANOTHER TRAIN I'M GOING TO KILL THE WORLD It's going to be awesome! Let's do it!

Ermm

Erudite
Is this your first run on this game?
P.S. Also that Cid guy who is director of SEED I think looks awfully like Robin Williams.

I can see that Japs got inspiration from one certain Marvel comic book for SEED.

Cassidy

Arcane
This thread latest update made me shudder at the thought of romanceable NPCs done by Bethesda.

Radisshu

Prophet
For some reason, when I first played this, I found the scenes with Laguna and that piano player woman really touching and kind of sad. But I was twelwe when I first played FF8, so I guess that explains a lot. It doesn't explain people who keep feeling the same about these scenes even though they've grown up now, though.

laclongquan

Arcane
I still got quite a case of romantic sadness when playing that scene last year. it's a timeless moment.

The abandonment is a bit unbelievable. I suppose he trust Cid and Matron take good care of that gaggle of kids (seven in all if I remember correctly) and simply too busy to visit. And noletter due to border closed tight, no radio due to blackout. It still bugs me. Bad father, I suppose.

The lack of seagoing traffic or by air also bug me. if nothing else, a lighter-than-air vehicle can work wonder to increase traffic between regions.

One of these days I just have to do a fanfiction to solve these conundrums. Next thursday, for sure.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
laclongquan said:
I still got quite a case of romantic sadness when playing that scene last year. it's a timeless moment.
You are a most horrible person.

One of these days I just have to do a fanfiction to solve these conundrums. Next thursday, for sure.
The most horrible person.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom