Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Nomad_Blizz

Arcane
Did they fix the cat's eye potion? Dungeons were difficult to explore cause it was all orange and frankly looked terrible.

Gerrard

Arcane
The potato version was something ridiculous like 350zł I think, because of that figure, and it sold out in one day on PC and PS4.

Tytus

Arcane
http://gamingtheater.net/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-gameplay-details-emerge/2015/

jGBN9v4.png

gm1MQ0Z.png

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
At least some info on skills, not a fan of "limited" skill usage(eventhough they are passive) which became quite popular thanks to fucking consoles.

Gerrard

Arcane
There are four or five trees
So how drunk was this guy that can't remember?

After unlocking skills, they must be activated. This is done by placing them in a separate tree, which contains a limited number of slots. Activated skills affect Geralt’s fighting style, and activating a set of skills from the same category will increase its overall effects. It adds another layer to preparations and tactical planning, as players have to choose an appropriate set of active skills depending on what kind of opponent you are going to face).
This sounds retarded.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Wasn't it already stated somewhere that there will be four skill trees (combat, alchemy, signs, general)?

WhiteGuts

Arcane
We'll see how it works out but I'm totally in favor of some flexibility in how to approach combat, like TW1 with the different stances (Strong/Fast/Group).

Variety of gameplay is an extremly important aspect in a 50/100h game.

WhiteGuts

Arcane
From a dev on their official forum :

Q: Another cup of coffee?
A: Yes, please.
Q: Is it good?
A: It's a damn fine cup of coffee.
Q: Explain the skills and armors then.
A: Okay. Activated skills determine tactics. You choose (activate) some of them and you have resources to manage (stamina and adrenaline), so behaviour in combat depends on skill choices. In other words, to use your build properly, you cast signs, parry, dodge and hit with you sword more or less frequently. Some skills grant additional signs modes or special blows.

There are 3 types of armor elements: light, medium and heavy. Protection they grant is less important than synergy with combat tactics they are designed for. For example heavy armor favors agressive swordfighting. But you can mix armor elements to balance bonuses they offer.

If you like to twieak and customize, you'll find it attractive, I think.

Darkzone

Arcane
There are four or five trees
So how drunk was this guy that can't remember?
How hard can that be to remember... I also concur on the second part.
Cut the guy some slack, he is Polish after all...
Or it could be that other things have been much more important for him, then to memorize the correct amount of different skill trees. And form what i have read he was quite acquainted with the character / skill / fighting system.

Last edited:

Darkzone

Arcane
This news and interviews sound like this poland fan:

Steffen Möller said:
And if i had no bigos yet, i wouldn't be so fat.....
...god does not live in france, after all god was a pole...
With the obligatory Polska t-shirt.

Last edited:

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
The only reason I can see for someone to be a fan of Poland is food, nothing else.

Darkzone

Arcane
The only reason I can see for someone to be a fan of Poland is food, nothing else.
You should read form Steffen Möller 'Polska da się lubić'. As a pole your perspective is limited towards your own country. Poland is always loved from the distance, not from inside. Chopin and Mickiewicz can verify this.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
A compilation of preview articles and interviews, courtesy of GameBanshee.

http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/115134-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-previews-interviews.html

Warning: some of these are full of decline and just your typical gamejourno hackjobs, including PlayStation Lifestyle mistyping a certain game's title as Boulder's Gate or Shacknews referring to Geralt's horse as 'he' (Roach has always been a mare), but they should feed your inner hype if you are waiting for the game as eagerly as I am (J_C).

EDIT: interesting quote:

Will there be a chance to disable hints?

Yes, and then embark on a journey of a classic RPG-like adventurer. No one can accuse us of dumbing down the game. We’ve simply focused on making the plot, the world and the mechanics clear. We explain everything from the start, and every single character is introduced with a particular plotline. To be honest, the plot starts to unwind faster later one, after we’ve finished introducing everything in the beginning.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom