Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

His Majesty

Augur
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
New video that gives a brief recap and introduces the world state

If that's the artstyle for the C&C/flashback slides, it's a much needed improvement to the odd style used in the second game:
maxresdefault.jpg
Agreed, narrator is also awesome.

made

Arcane
Decline of RPG Codex magazine prestige. I had to go to RPGWatch to find out this exciting news bit:

Witcher 3 - Big Reveal This Week
by Couchpotato, 2015-01-19 06:07:51

It appears CD Projekt is getting ready for another big reveal for Witcher 3 based on a new Twitter post. As usual here is the information if you're interested.
Busy day packing getting ready to fly to San Francisco for our big press event next week. Gonna blow some minds.

347360406.jpg

Got bored and left

The Rape Simulator going to San Fran, oh boy.

Should we expect new age, vegan riots? And alternative bomb threats?

The way the CDP hype machine usually works has left me kinda cold to any kind of "mind blowing" announcements, but hey, who knows, maybe they've decided to do the right thing and ditch consoles? :smug: (don't worry consoles, it's cool, you can have it too. Just be nice, m'kay?) Or we'll find out that the game really is made out of literal rape? The tension is killing me.

His Majesty

Augur
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
They've given journalists a three hours hands on in Poland and Scotland, now they're deep in enemy territory in San Fran. There's an embargo until January 26th, then journalists will be able to post their impressions and CDProjekt will release some new gameplay footage.

WhiteGuts

Arcane
Will they leave a trail of raped bodies throughout San Fran ? We shall see.

:hype:...now with RAPE

Last edited:

made

Arcane
Stirling Castle location, teenage Ciri look-alike hostesses? Must have been a costly press event. But as long as 10/10 OPEN WORLD RPGS REDEFINED well worth the expense.

Athelas

Arcane
For a game trailer starting off with the phrase 'redefining open-world RPG's', there sure were a lot of cutscenes where player control was taken away. :M

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
For a game trailer starting off with the phrase 'redefining open-world RPG's', there sure were a lot of cutscenes where player control was taken away. :M

They define their game as "open world, but not sandbox" which means they're allowed to do that, I guess. :M

MasPingon

Arcane
It's too colorful for my taste, I hoped it will look more like W1 then W2. Why the hell everything must look like a god damn cartoon this days?

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
It's too colorful for my taste, I hoped it will look more like W1 then W2. Why the hell everything must look like a god damn cartoon this days?
Couldn't agree more. Loved the visual style of W1, toned down, dull colors and very atmospheric. Witcher 2 was like they put saturation + 350.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom